Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Summer Preview!; June 2nd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: May 20 2009, 10:53 AM (12,348 Views)
Dr. Chip

What's funny is that Melissa's father was Jim Phillips. Linda had tried to tell Mickey she was his daughter, but she really wasn't. Linda was a big part of the show and then married Bob Anderson, who owned Anderson Manufacturing, which was also a big part of the show during the '70s and part of the '80s. Melissa also had a part in Anderson Manufacturing even though she was a teenager.

Melissa NEVER went by the name Horton unless it was a one-time slip-up by a writer or something like that. Julie never went by Julie Horton (except when she was arrested in the first episode), but John Ingle's Mickey called her Julie Horton once.

But if Pete and Melissa are together, why wouldn't Nathan be a Jannings?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Keith
Member Avatar

Correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure Julie went by Horton in the 90s when she returned divorced from Doug. Pretty sure Melissa did, too, but I could be wrong about that one.

Deleted User
Deleted User

King
Jun 4 2009, 01:14 PM
Amello
Jun 4 2009, 11:36 AM
Farah Fath can act circles around Nadia.
That is the most outrageous thing I have EVER heard you say!

I expected more from you, Melly Belly.
Well I'm not saying it means much, but it's still 100% fact!
Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Dr. Chip
Jun 4 2009, 01:30 PM
What's funny is that Melissa's father was Jim Phillips. Linda had tried to tell Mickey she was his daughter, but she really wasn't. Linda was a big part of the show and then married Bob Anderson, who owned Anderson Manufacturing, which was also a big part of the show during the '70s and part of the '80s. Melissa also had a part in Anderson Manufacturing even though she was a teenager.

Melissa NEVER went by the name Horton unless it was a one-time slip-up by a writer or something like that. Julie never went by Julie Horton (except when she was arrested in the first episode), but John Ingle's Mickey called her Julie Horton once.

But if Pete and Melissa are together, why wouldn't Nathan be a Jannings?
Has anything from the actual show actually said that his name is Nathan Horton? I know that he's been referred to as a Horton, but Nick was also a Horton with the last name Fallon. I've seen some things that referred to him as Nathan Horton, but they didn't come directly from the show.

King
Member Avatar

I have a question.

I haven't watched this show in five months. Have there been ANY God damn developments with Dan/Chloe/Lucas. Jesus! It's STILL the same.

Mason

King
Jun 4 2009, 03:51 PM
I have a question.

I haven't watched this show in five months. Have there been ANY God damn developments with Dan/Chloe/Lucas. Jesus! It's STILL the same.
Nope, it's like two steps forward, one step back with this story. Very JER, very annoying.

King
Member Avatar

It's literally the exact same shit it was in January. LITERALLY!

Kenny
Member Avatar

King
Jun 4 2009, 04:07 PM
Welcome to Dena-land!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

King
Jun 4 2009, 04:07 PM
Well, it was going at a good pace until Chloe and Lucas married. Then they were setting the stage for Kate's revenge but stopped and had Kate change gears. I think they just didn't want to focus on it during sweeps with the Kiriakis/Dimera stuff and I think they wanted to keep things going into summer. The other thing I feel happened is that there was alot of complaints about Kate plotting murder in regards to Chloe and Daniel so I do wonder if the show approached this the way they did to at least show that Kate gave them a chance before she went to extreme measures. That's a longshot but it's a theory. More then likely they just wanted to stall the story and maybe they felt it was a good time to do so because they had to send Kate out of town to at least visit an injured Billie. It wouldn't make sense if Kate didn't.

I also have to wonder too if maybe this means Nadia and/or Shawn will be out by year's end and the story was changed to set that up in the future. It does feel like there has been a few shifts in the story, much like what happened in January when things shifted to start building Chloe and Daniel up as an actual couple and not so much a fling. I mean, every other story has followed a consistent long-term plan and this one seems to go through a shift once in awhile where things stall for a bit and end up going in a different direction. I still like the story and it's getting better now. I just hope they stick to this now and don't stall it again.

As for Nathan. I just read a report on SON and it seems they are going with Nathan Jannings, not Nathan Horton. I do remember Melissa going by "Horton" in the 90's at some point. I do think it's better that his name is Jannings but I could tolerate Horton only because Nathan may feel he may get some benefits from being a Horton at University Hospital.

daysfan
Member Avatar

Daniel/Chloe/Lucas is the one story that has had little to no movement....basically, Kate found out about the affiar, Chloe made this promise to God that she'd be faithful to Lucas if he lived after this explosion happened, and they got married....as Tim said, Kate did plot revenge but it hasn't gotten anywhere yet....its been the same since Feburary, basically...only now it seems to actually be picking up again....for awhile I don't think the story was even featured.

jam6242
Member Avatar

I don't remember Melissa or Julie ever using the last name Horton (except for the first episode when Julie was lying to the police). Julie's maiden name was Olson.

I'm happy that Nathan is going to be Melissa's son. I miss the Hortons, and Melissa's biological mother, Linda, was my favorite villainess ever on Days (when played by Margaret Mason). It will be interesting to see what kind of personality Nathan will have. Linda was bad to the bone & Pete was no angel either.

I think Melissa shared the inheritance of Anderson Manufacturing with Chris Kositchek (Josh Taylor) when her step-father Bob Anderson died.

Edited by jam6242, Jun 4 2009, 09:15 PM.

AidanGreensFan

Good Gravy - Pete and Melissa's son? Since freaking WHEN????

michelle
Member Avatar

I couldn't stand Pete. I never thought he was good enough for Melissa. Hopefully, his son will turn out okay.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply