Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Brady and Melanie: Trapped!; June 2nd issues; Summary of Articles
Topic Started: May 20 2009, 11:34 AM (3,748 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD and SOW each feature an interview with Eric Martsolf.

Brady tries to convince Philip and Victor to "forgive and forget", says Martsolf, but they are not receptive. Brady wants to get to the bottom of what's happening with Stephanie, so he goes to talk to Bo about it. Victor sees this as a betrayal. Martsolf says that Brady doesn't have any concrete information to tell Bo, other than that Brady thinks that something will happen. But in the end, that does get the police involved, and they arrive on the pier to break up the prisoner swap.

When the police come, Philip gets away, but EJ is arrested. After this, Victor and Brady "have a huge confrontation", says Martsolf, "and Victor ends up disowning him and throwing him out on his butt." Martsolf says that Brady is not surprised, because Brady understands how the Kiriakis family works. "To his credit, he stands up for himself, but the result is a divided family."

SOW then continues that in the middle of all this, Brady asks Nicole about Stephanie's whereabouts, and then Brady tells Nicole that Mia lied to Will. Martsolf says that Brady "seems to be flip-flopping about keeping secrets", because he wants Nicole to tell EJ the truth, but he's fine with Mia keeping her secret from Will.

Meanwhile, Melanie figures out that Owen may have Stephanie. Melanie does some investigating, and she finds out that Owen's father works at a morgue. Melanie and Philip hatch a plan to get Philip into the morgue to see if Stephanie is there. Martsolf says that Brady gets involved in this, because he thinks that Philiip is plotting something, so he "basically follows Philip and Melanie all around town". The three plan to get hospital attendants to help them put Philip in a body bag and get him into the morgue, but Owen finds them and knocks Brady unconscious.

Brady and Melanie then end up locked in the Kiriakis mausoleum together. [Neither SOD nor SOW explain how this comes about.] Martsolf laughs and says that the mausoleum is a place "where supposedly no one has been for many, many years, yet somehow there are beautiful fresh flowers all over the place." Martsolf continues that Brady's mother Isabella is entombed there, and this "creates a whole new dynamic where he gets to investigate his feelings for his mother, who he never knew." Brady "has time to sit around and think about his mother in the very room she's buried in."

SOW then asks Martsolf if anything happens between Brady and Melanie while they're trapped. Martsolf says that "I never know what's going on with [Brady and Melanie], but you can't expect love to bloom in a mausoleum." He continues, "Personally, I think they're better as friends. What am I, like 80 years older than she is?"

Meanwhile, Philip ends up in the drawer next to Stephanie, and he hears her crying for help...

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

WTF at IzzyB being entombed in a Kiriakis family mausoleum? I swear I can remember scenes of John visiting her grave in a cemetery.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
May 20 2009, 11:34 AM
Martsolf says that "I never know what's going on with [Brady and Melanie], but you can't expect love to bloom in a mausoleum." He continues, "Personally, I think they're better as friends. What am I, like 80 years older than she is?"

Eric, I love you with all my heart.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Go Eric,,speak the truth....

ladyjetski99
Member Avatar

I cant wait till Philip rescue his fiancee Stephanie and make her happy and get married happy after ever..

aimees76
Member Avatar

EM :wub: Brady thinking about Isabella :wub:

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I LOVED Isabella...when KL played Brady,,she came to him,,as a ghost...pretty moving stuff

Alligato
Member Avatar

This has to be the weirdest story...so Brady tells Bo about feud, gets disowned by Victor, goes to look for Stephanie, talks to Nicole about telling EJ, tells Mia to keeps secrets from Will and gets hit in the head by Owen after putting Phillip in a bodybag (ew) and getting locked up with Melanie while finding Isabella's grave.
For not having his own story, he is in everyone else's.

I heart EM! Tell it man!
Edited by Alligato, May 20 2009, 01:58 PM.

Ellie

Alligato
May 20 2009, 01:56 PM
so Brady tells Bo about feud, gets disowned by Victor, goes to look for Stephanie, talks to Nicole about telling EJ, tells Mia to keeps secrets from Will and gets hit in the head by Owen after putting Phillip in a bodybag (ew) and getting locked up with Melanie while finding Isabella's grave.
Sounds right. The articles for this story took me the longest of any in a long time. I kept flipping the page to make sure I wasn't missing something.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Alligato
This has to be the weirdest story...so Brady tells Bo about feud, gets disowned by Victor, goes to look for Stephanie, talks to Nicole about telling EJ, tells Mia to keeps secrets from Will and gets hit in the head by Owen after putting Phillip in a bodybag (ew) and getting locked up with Melanie while finding Isabella's grave.

I heart EM! Tell it man!
That reminds me. Can we have a moratorium on Victor disowning Brady and/or Phillip. Enough already! We know it won't stick. It's like all those stupid times they'd write a spoiler that Lucas disowns Kate.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Alligato

I heart EM! Tell it man!
This is the LAMEST story on right now.It smacks of Hogan Scheffer.Someones been stealing from his playbook :drunk:

Mason
Member Avatar

lastDays
May 20 2009, 03:32 PM
It smacks of Hogan Scheffer.Someones been stealing from his playbook :drunk:
Ha, I wish!

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

lastDays
May 20 2009, 03:30 PM
EjsGaGirl
May 20 2009, 12:10 PM
I LOVED Isabella...when KL played Brady,,she came to him,,as a ghost...pretty moving stuff
Sorry,wrong post
I am confused..blame it on a screaming 9 year old...do u mean the whole Brady and Melanie thing,or the Isabella thing.If you mean Brady and Melanie I could not agree more.The Isabella stuff I thought was sweet,back in the day..
edited I see you did not mean my post too late... :smile:
Edited by EjsGaGirl, May 20 2009, 03:35 PM.

Bradyclan

I love Eric!

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

ladyjetski99
May 20 2009, 12:00 PM
I cant wait till Philip rescue his fiancee Stephanie and make her happy and get married happy after ever..
im with you on tht one. but too bad we have spoilers pretty much saying it wont. but i still think that they will get married. i dont want them to be over

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Ken Corday and me are the only pervs who like Brady & Melanie romantically together. As eric said ""I never know what's going on with [Brady and Melanie],", they are interesting and a touch wrong. Eric has a tendancy to lay the soap opera cheese on thick but with Molly he seems more natural to me, go figure.
Edited by Halloween Family, May 26 2009, 12:56 AM.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

I see Brady more like Melanie's big brother. Phil OTOH, there's a pair I could go for.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply