Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
One scoop o' dish 5-22-09; confirms Grace spumor
Topic Started: May 22 2009, 12:25 PM (9,283 Views)
OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

This is all I have...

- A funeral is held for baby Grace. Bo and Hope are among those in attendance.

- Ross Matthews returns again as Chris

- Stephanie is free of Owen but still runs into him

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan
Member Avatar

This really is going to be emotional! I'm excited for it though.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I'm afraid that this could end up missing its emotional punch because of how the actors phone it in these days. I have no faith in the cast anymore. However, I might just tune in for this.

Thanks for posting, OBK. You rock! :rockon:

Ellie

Kenny
May 22 2009, 12:40 PM
I'm afraid that this could end up missing its emotional punch because of how the actors phone it in these days.
"Phone it in" implies that an actor has the talent but is too lazy/unmotivated/whatever to use it. I'd disagree in this case. I think AS and GG just do not have the talent for this. But, I'll be happy to watch this clip and let you know if they surprise me.

In any case, I just can't believe Days is killing another baby, especially one who's had so much screen time.

THANKS OBK for posting - you're the best!

aimees76
Member Avatar

It is sad to say this, but the only performance I am looking forward to is Ari's. I am interested in seeing how Nicole reacts to it all. Otherwise (even though I am not a fan of killing babies) I am kind of glad ... there are too many babies on this show. I just hate to think that eventually Sami is going to end up with 4 kids again when the truth about Sydney comes out. :(

Kenny
Member Avatar

Didn't Corday say a few years ago that he would never allow another baby to die on Days after Zach was killed?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Thanks for the update, OBK.

This is going to rip my heart out...no doubt about it. Even with concerns about acting aside...I really, really hope it is well written. There are so many ways they could go with it - I just hope they don't waste something with this much devastating potential.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 22 2009, 12:46 PM
Didn't Corday say a few years ago that he would never allow another baby to die on Days after Zach was killed?
Well, we all know how much Corday's word is worth, LoL.

I think this is a great idea. There are too many brats on the show as it is. I just shudder to think about Ali's performance. The scrunched up face, no tears, the hysteria....*shudder*

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm going to tune in for this..It will be heartwrenching..I like the idea of the guilt eventually getting to Nicole..And poor Mia won't know her daughter died..

Ellie

Kenny
From "The Plan to Save Days", April 17, 2007:

CORDAY: We don't have time now to experiment, to try things that in the past have been a tough sell. There are no-no's in daytime: Don't kill babies - we did that a year ago. Don't tell stories about people in mental institutions - we're doing that now. Try to keep people in town as opposed to "island stories" - doing that now. And don't put a lot of unfamiliar faces not only on the front burner, but as the hub of the story, the center of the wheel. So lesson learned, back to basics here.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for the scoop OBK.

This must have been difficult for Ali to play considering she has her own new baby at home.

I hope the writers can do a heavy story like this justice.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
May 22 2009, 12:57 PM
Kenny

CORDAY: We don't have time now to experiment, to try things that in the past have been a tough sell. There are no-no's in daytime: Don't kill babies - we did that a year ago. Don't tell stories about people in mental institutions - we're doing that now. Try to keep people in town as opposed to "island stories" - doing that now. And don't put a lot of unfamiliar faces not only on the front burner, but as the hub of the story, the center of the wheel. So lesson learned, back to basics here.
Maybe they figured killing Nicole's fetus worked so well, why not try again with an infant? See just how well that lesson "took."

Thanks for posting, OBK! Your scoop is always much appreciated!
Edited by Paxton, May 22 2009, 01:01 PM.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Quote:

CORDAY: We don't have time now to experiment, to try things that in the past have been a tough sell. There are no-no's in daytime: Don't kill babies - we did that a year ago. Don't tell stories about people in mental institutions - we're doing that now. Try to keep people in town as opposed to "island stories" - doing that now. And don't put a lot of unfamiliar faces not only on the front burner, but as the hub of the story, the center of the wheel. So lesson learned, back to basics here

Well that whole plan already went out with the bathwater.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie

OH MY GOD!

Bahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!

It's almost funny to read that! Guess he didn't learn the lesson for long.

Ellie

Kenny
May 22 2009, 01:03 PM
Ellie

OH MY GOD!

Bahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!

That's almost funny to read! Guess he didn't learn the lesson for long.
LOL the whole interview is hysterical. (I think I've posted this link before but if anyone wants to read it, it's here, along with some great commentary thanks to Snarkweighsin.)

daysfan
Member Avatar

Pftt, the Corday quote was obviously a whole lie...as usual. I mean, they've pretty much done ALL of that since then. :P

And not to mention...I know its different, but the whole "no more killing babies" on the show was ridiculous from the start! I mean, ANYTIME someone has a miscarriage(which has happened so many times since Zack's death)...isn't THAT killing a baby?

I don't approve the death of babies, but I really do think this is for the best. I mean, after the switch is revealed...what were they going to do with Grace? Give her to Mia? That would set back Mia as a character since she's still a new character and has only been here for about five months. And to have Sami keep Sydney AND Grace would have been RIDICULOUS.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thanks for the confirming info though it is something I would rather not have wanted to read. This is wrong IMHO and it again proves to all the fans that Ken Corday's word isn't worth the paper it is written on. The man speaks with a forked tongue and is NOT to be trusted at his word. I'm sure I will watch as I have been a fan since the show began but scenes like this are really difficult to watch unfold. I have to wonder if this isn't again a way to make Sami look like her mother who also lost an infant many years ago. If it is I have news for them....Sami will NEVER be Marlena no matter how you paint her.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

So now 2 babies on Days will have died so Ali could have her pregnancy written in. I'm counting Nicole's baby since she was so far along when she miscarried.

They seem to treat babies that are not Sami's like they're Kleenex.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Nicole's is the only miscarriage there has been since Zack's death, that I recall. I do remember Belle's second pregnancy having to be terminated to save her life but that was before Zack's death, wasn't it?

daysfan
Member Avatar

Paxton
May 22 2009, 01:14 PM
Nicole's is the only miscarriage there has been since Zack's death, that I recall. I do remember Belle's second pregnancy having to be terminated to save her life but that was before Zack's death, wasn't it?
Nah, Belle lost her baby in Fall of 06...and then before there was Tyler, Mimi got pregnant in early Summer of 06, but she lost the baby pretty quickly if I recall right.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply