Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
One scoop o' dish 5-22-09; confirms Grace spumor
Topic Started: May 22 2009, 12:25 PM (9,349 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Reading that quote again, it was kind of rude for him to trash Hogan's writing like that when he was still with the show. No matter what their differences might've been, bashing him to the press like that was a shitty thing to do.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I suppose the other thing having Grace die does is allow Sami to play her grief about losing her separate from the joy she'll feel when it's revealed that Sydney is actually her daughter. There won't be the conflicting emotions of losing one child, but gaining another - and no 'competition' as to which baby she loves most. :shrug:

Tara

I guess Sami is the only women allow to have babies in Salem.

Ellie

Kenny
May 22 2009, 01:23 PM
Reading that quote again, it was kind of rude for him to trash Hogan's writing like that when he was still with the show. No matter what their differences might've been, bashing him to the press like that was a shitty thing to do.
Well I think Corday was saying that it was his (Corday's) mistake to allow Sheffer free reign like that, since Corday is the consummate expert on what works on soaps, so he should have shared his vast knowledge with Sheffer first. In other words, imo he was blaming himself. (A lot of good that did him, lol.)

SocRMum - good point about the grief combined with gaining a new baby - that was an element of the Bope/JT story that I didn't like.

Mindy
Member Avatar

~Rhi~
May 22 2009, 01:11 PM
So now 2 babies on Days will have died so Ali could have her pregnancy written in. I'm counting Nicole's baby since she was so far along when she miscarried.

They seem to treat babies that are not Sami's like they're Kleenex.
ITA and I just don't get that. It's so blatantly obvious how slanted and unfair that is to other actors' fanbases. Can any character other than Sami Brady be allowed to have a baby on this show anymore?! I still can't get over how they had Philip chase down Tyler's mother to find his son and then poof he just gave him up like it was nothing. And I don't even want to think about how sad it was for Nicole to lose her baby so late in the pregnancy. Ari is SO good with that the baby that plays Sydney, but no no no that's Sami's baby! I hope Sydney grows up wanting Nicole to be her mother.

Ellie

Mindy
May 22 2009, 01:43 PM
Can any character other than Sami Brady be allowed to have a baby on this show anymore?!
Apparently not. Remember Chloe also thought she might be pregnant. I bet we won't see any more babies for a while now, until Sami and Rafe have their own.

FanODays

Ellie
May 22 2009, 12:57 PM
Kenny
May 22 2009, 12:46 PM
Didn't Corday say a few years ago that he would never allow another baby to die on Days after Zach was killed?
From "The Plan to Save Days", April 17, 2007:

CORDAY: We don't have time now to experiment, to try things that in the past have been a tough sell. There are no-no's in daytime: Don't kill babies - we did that a year ago. Don't tell stories about people in mental institutions - we're doing that now. Try to keep people in town as opposed to "island stories" - doing that now. And don't put a lot of unfamiliar faces not only on the front burner, but as the hub of the story, the center of the wheel. So lesson learned, back to basics here.
I laughed out loud about putting unfamilar faces on the front burner especially since I recongized only about half the names in the summer preview.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 22 2009, 12:43 PM
Kenny
May 22 2009, 12:40 PM
I'm afraid that this could end up missing its emotional punch because of how the actors phone it in these days.
"Phone it in" implies that an actor has the talent but is too lazy/unmotivated/whatever to use it. I'd disagree in this case. I think AS and GG just do not have the talent for this. But, I'll be happy to watch this clip and let you know if they surprise me.

That's why I don't care about this storyline. Neither one of them can act.
Edited by Sindacco, May 22 2009, 01:59 PM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

One of you should put this quote in your signature so we can laugh at it in every thread:
Quote:

There are no-no's in daytime: Don't put a lot of unfamiliar faces not only on the front burner, but as the hub of the story, the center of the wheel. So lesson learned, back to basics here.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks so much for the confirmation Kitty!

I think this twist in the sl has great dramatic potential. I think it will leave many viewers in tears. DH better hit the emotional points in the story and not cheat the audience.

So Owen is not gone??????? I thought he would be in jail or dead.

Happy to hear Chris is making a return. Love Ross!

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Mindy
I still can't get over how they had Philip chase down Tyler's mother to find his son and then poof he just gave him up like it was nothing.
That was so stupid. Philip searched for months for Tyler and gave him up in one episode. And no way would Victor let his grandson be adopted.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Ellie
May 22 2009, 12:57 PM
Kenny
May 22 2009, 12:46 PM
Didn't Corday say a few years ago that he would never allow another baby to die on Days after Zach was killed?
From "The Plan to Save Days", April 17, 2007:

CORDAY: We don't have time now to experiment, to try things that in the past have been a tough sell. There are no-no's in daytime: Don't kill babies - we did that a year ago. Don't tell stories about people in mental institutions - we're doing that now. Try to keep people in town as opposed to "island stories" - doing that now. And don't put a lot of unfamiliar faces not only on the front burner, but as the hub of the story, the center of the wheel. So lesson learned, back to basics here.
Hmm...he did not learn from that lesson did he!!lol..Thanks OBK,,I knew this was happening..just had a hunch

SaveDaysNow

Sindacco
May 22 2009, 01:59 PM
Ellie
Kenny
May 22 2009, 12:40 PM
I'm afraid that this could end up missing its emotional punch because of how the actors phone it in these days.
"Phone it in" implies that an actor has the talent but is too lazy/unmotivated/whatever to use it. I'd disagree in this case. I think AS and GG just do not have the talent for this. But, I'll be happy to watch this clip and let you know if they surprise me.

Couldn't agree with you more!! I will be curious to see how the Grace death scenes play out. AS doesn't have the talent or skills to pull it off,--she doesn't even pull of hysterical well anymore-- and I've never seen GG emote anything. . .I hope I don't laugh out loud when the scene is supposed to be serious.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Sindacco
May 22 2009, 02:09 PM
Mindy
I still can't get over how they had Philip chase down Tyler's mother to find his son and then poof he just gave him up like it was nothing.
That was so stupid. Philip searched for months for Tyler and gave him up in one episode. And no way would Victor let his grandson be adopted.
That's true - I hadn't even thought about the Victor aspect. It was a ridiculously dropped storyline of a previously dropped storyline. Why the heck were those embryos switched in the first place? What was supposed to have been gained by doing that?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

SaveDaysNow
May 22 2009, 02:12 PM
Sindacco
May 22 2009, 01:59 PM
Ellie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Couldn't agree with you more!! I will be curious to see how the Grace death scenes play out. AS doesn't have the talent or skills to pull it off,--she doesn't even pull of hysterical well anymore-- and I've never seen GG emote anything. . .I hope I don't laugh out loud when the scene is supposed to be serious.
I know alot of people thought Ali was good at that before, especially during the Vegas storyline in 2002 and the french doors in 2003 but I always hated her "acting".

People keep saying that Ali is good at playing bitchie so they should write Sami more like that again. I disagree, the writers should not have to adjust their writing for characters to certain limits just because the actress can't play anything else.

daysfan
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
May 22 2009, 02:13 PM
Sindacco
May 22 2009, 02:09 PM
Mindy
That's true - I hadn't even thought about the Victor aspect. It was a ridiculously dropped storyline of a previously dropped storyline. Why the heck were those embryos switched in the first place? What was supposed to have been gained by doing that?
That story was ruined because of constant re-writes I think...Summer 06 was chaos for Days...originally, the sperms of Shawn and Philip were switched by Jan Spears...then, plans changed when Hogan came in and I think Patrick did it....why? Can't remember that part. :P

lene
Member Avatar

omg, so they really killed her. didn't think they''d do it actually. wow.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Oh wow, I can't wait to see how this unfolds. Not only is Baby Grace going to die, but Stefano knows the truth about Nicole switching the babies. I think this baby switch shenanigans is finally about to be over. Ew, I am so sick of Rafe with Sami. I want Sami to be the Dimera she is destined to be.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

I'm sad because Nicole also loved baby Grace. She wanted to take both girls with her. I know AZ will over-shadow whatever "acting" AS does for the funeral.

As for the baby-switch SL ending, there's the aftermath. But I dont think this writing team does the "aftermath" part as well.

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm going to miss this SL. It gave great material for a talented actress to play-AZ. It started the ratings upward trend which Days has sustained. It also intertwined other stories which have been a success as well (DK War.)

I think of it this way..after this SL...what else does Days have??
SAFE??
Chloe/Lucas/Dan/Kate???
Teen scene??
Brianna??

I hope I'm wrong!
Liz

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Thanks OBK! Looking forward to some good Bo/Hope scenes in this too...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply