Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
One scoop o' dish 5-22-09; confirms Grace spumor
Topic Started: May 22 2009, 12:25 PM (9,245 Views)
daysfan
Member Avatar

Or, with the absence of family members, maybe we'll get something like with Kayla at Caroline's funeral in 2003....something like "Oh, Marlena's upstairs with Eric and Belle." :P :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks onebadkitty. Very sad. Lots of hole in this IMO. Why even bring in the father of Mia's baby? Marlena would be there for Sami., even if Sami told current Ej the truth before would really he be devastated? They really didn't build that part of the story IMO. Rafe stands more of being devastated than Ej. I guess I have to see it play, maybe that will change things for me.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks OBK, I knew they were going there.

Wes Fan

Honestly, I more bothered that Baby Grace gets a funeral and Tony didn't. We're talking 4 months verses some 25 years. Talk about a slap in the face to fans.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Wes Fan
May 22 2009, 07:40 PM
Honestly, I more bothered that Baby Grace gets a funeral and Tony didn't. We're talking 4 months verses some 25 years. Talk about a slap in the face to fans.
That is an EXCELLENT point. Not to mention Tony had way more friends and family on the canvas than Grace does. Ugh, I am just kind of dreading seeing how this unfolds, but maybe it will somehow work out with my expectations set so abysmally low the show will somehow manage to surpass them.

Quote:

Thanks onebadkitty. Very sad. Lots of hole in this IMO. Why even bring in the father of Mia's baby? Marlena would be there for Sami., even if Sami told current Ej the truth before would really he be devastated? They really didn't build that part of the story IMO. Rafe stands more of being devastated than Ej. I guess I have to see it play, maybe that will change things for me.

I think the father of Mia's baby is being brought in to cause drama for Mia and Will and to add to the teen scene. And depending on how much gets revealed pre/post Grace's death, this new guy bring out new revelations about Mia so that someone like Will might be able to put all the pieces together and expose Nicole in the end.

And on your other point, I think if EJ were told the truth, whenever he is told the truth, he is going to be VERY devastated. I don't know how you can even say Rafe would be more devastated than EJ. I mean they would be devastated in very different ways.

Rafe has had a chance to bond with this baby and its mother over a few weeks/months and has come to love the child and will at least always have those memories to hang on to the rest of his life.

If EJ is told that his child with Sami died when Grace dies, he will have to deal with not only this child dying without him EVER having a chance to ever know or have any relationship with the child, but also he'll have to deal with the fact that a woman he loves/loved/obsessed over, this child's mother, hated/had such little regard for him and his family that she purposely kept any knowledge of this child from him so that he'll NEVER have any relationship with the baby.

I personally think EJ's situation is a bit more devastating, but then again we don't know yet Rafe's full backstory to see if there's something else there to add the emotional punch to this.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Maybe the funeral is a sign that Grace won't really be dead. Someone upthread said Stefano knows about the switch. Maybe he's playing some kind of game?

Wes Fan

IMissAremid
May 22 2009, 08:05 PM
Wes Fan
May 22 2009, 07:40 PM
That is an EXCELLENT point. Not to mention Tony had way more friends and family on the canvas than Grace does. Ugh, I am just kind of dreading seeing how this unfolds, but maybe it will somehow work out with my expectations set so abysmally low the show will somehow manage to surpass them.
Thanks, IMissAremid ~ I look at Tony and he had a wife, friends, siblings, a father, and the character had loads of fans. We were robbed both of his funeral and of the Tanna wedding. He / we deserved a Tony wedding. I'm pretty sure I would have bawled like a baby at a Tony funeral but won't shed a tear for Grace. Sorry but she's not Sami's child and giving this insignificant child a funeral is a waste of video tape.

I actually feel sorry for Ali having to play as though her child died since she's a new mom. That's just cruel. I have never respected Dena and this last year solidifies that. She's trying to reinvent Brami with Safe. She denied Tanna fans a wedding and a funeral. Now she's forcing us to attempt to feel bad that some newcomer's baby dies. It's irritating.

Sorry to get off track, but this just makes me so irritated. Tony was a good character and Thaao is a good man. He deserved better.

samixxx
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 22 2009, 08:05 PM
Wes Fan
May 22 2009, 07:40 PM [quote

I think the father of Mia's baby is being brought in to cause drama for Mia and Will and to add to the teen scene. And depending on how much gets revealed pre/post Grace's death, this new guy bring out new revelations about Mia so that someone like Will might be able to put all the pieces together and expose Nicole in the end.

And on your other point, I think if EJ were told the truth, whenever he is told the truth, he is going to be VERY devastated. I don't know how you can even say Rafe would be more devastated than EJ. I mean they would be devastated in very different ways.

Rafe has had a chance to bond with this baby and its mother over a few weeks/months and has come to love the child and will at least always have those memories to hang on to the rest of his life.

If EJ is told that his child with Sami died when Grace dies, he will have to deal with not only this child dying without him EVER having a chance to ever know or have any relationship with the child, but also he'll have to deal with the fact that a woman he loves/loved/obsessed over, this child's mother, hated/had such little regard for him and his family that she purposely kept any knowledge of this child from him so that he'll NEVER have any relationship with the baby.

I personally think EJ's situation is a bit more devastating, but then again we don't know yet Rafe's full backstory to see if there's something else there to add the emotional punch to this.

I understand bringing on the father of Mia's baby to develop her past yet he comes in not knowing she was even pregnant let alone had their baby. He will never meet his daughter. Mia won't know her baby girl passed. This story is full of crap IMO.

I don't feel that it would be harder for Ej knowing here you have a baby about to pass that you never knew is more devastating than learning the baby inside the belly that you felt kick and move and bonded with. IMO.

Rafe has done all of that whether some feel it is right or wrong, he was there through it all. Yet according to SOD it is about Ej, Nicole and Sami's life being changed? Doesn't make sense to me. :shrug:

I will agree that there could be different types of devastation.

Have a happy weekend everyone, so much to do. :)

samixxx
Member Avatar

Sorry Wes Fan, I quoted my reply and IMissAremid and it quoted yours, sorry again!

dooldooldool

Paxton
May 22 2009, 03:45 PM
Do we have any evidence Marlena even knows about the "adopted" baby, much less that Sami was ever pregnant. I
Just because we didnt get a boring one-way phone conversation between Sami and her mother doesn't mean Marlena is out of the loop. There are plenty of off-screen interactions with "off-the-canvas" characters. Yea, it would have been a nice throwaway line along the way had Samantha mentioned talking with her mother, especially when she had her lunch with Roman to announce the "adoption"

We get these throwaway lines now and then, such as when Maggie told Mia about her "daughters, who have families of their own now". Suppose so, since Maggie's twentysomething-thirtysomething grandson is on his way to Salem University Hospital.
Edited by dooldooldool, May 22 2009, 10:09 PM.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

:roflol: Alison Sweeeney can't act her ass out of a paper bag! I know TIIC think she walks on water but, COME ON!!! :sleep2:

How pathetic!
Edited by KristianFanForever, May 22 2009, 10:53 PM.

daysfan
Member Avatar

As rude as it is to the character AND actor, the one thing I liked about Tony not getting a funeral is that we got Anna sticking it to Stefano by taking Tony's body/ashes all for herself after slapping the hell out of Stefano....for me, that made everything up funeral-wise. Even for the one episode she was on during all of 2009, LeAnn Hunley went out on a high note IMO....and in my eyes thats much better than a funeral. :P

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

There is a lot going on that day so perhaps the funeral isn't the primary focus of the episode.

By the way, looks like Melanie has a new man. Didn't catch the actor's name, he's a newb. Will post when I get it.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Mark Hapka is the name of the actor ^^ He previously played Zach on "Ghost Whisperer."

chante

it will be sad if baby grace dies :angry:

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

When did that Twitter post appear that mentioned the funeral? Because while I can't tell you the airdate, I can tell you when the episode was taped: May 11.

ginababe
BANNED

it was the week after May 11th

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Thanks OBK!! This is what alot of us thought was going to happen............I'm going to reserve judgement regarding the actors until I see everything play out. I'll tell you the truth though, I've learned to keep my expectations really low when it comes to all things on Days........that way I'm not too disappointed.

mirabella

OneBadKitty
May 23 2009, 12:00 AM
When did that Twitter post appear that mentioned the funeral? Because while I can't tell you the airdate, I can tell you when the episode was taped: May 11.
His tweet that he had finished taping at DOOL was on May 13th. I don't know when his gig began but someone else may have that date, but it is most likely that he was on set on May 11th also.

Wes Fan

samixxx
May 22 2009, 09:17 PM
Sorry Wes Fan, I quoted my reply and IMissAremid and it quoted yours, sorry again!
Thank you for explaining. I was totally confused thinking I said something in my sleep last night. :laugh:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply