Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Two New Hunks in Salem - May 23rd
Topic Started: May 23 2009, 04:04 AM (3,650 Views)
MrsMahaney
Member Avatar

I have been waiting for someone to post about these, but no one has yet, so I'm reposting this from my board for you guys here.

Mark Hapka who played Johnny at age 15 two years ago during the Colleen storyline and plays Zack in the GHOST WHISPERER webisodes will be playing Nathan Jannings, Pete and Melissa's son (they had a son???) who will be a first year intern and is the romantic interest for Melanie.
And Mia's baby daddy, Chad, will be bowing next month as well in the form of Casey Deidrick. Casey did a stint on 90210. Both actors are 22 and debut next month.

Posted Image
MARK HAPKA

Posted Image
CASEY DEIDRICK

http://babysspoilers.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread=8777

Edited by MrsMahaney, May 23 2009, 04:06 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

daysfan
Member Avatar

I don't mind this at all, but for goodness sake, bring in some damn women to even out all these men.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Is it me...or does Mia's baby daddy look like Nick with spikey hair?

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I posted about Mark Hapka yesterday. I just didn't know who he would be playing.:)

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

But I'm glad they are finally giving Melanie a love interest her OWN AGE.

We could use more women on the show.
Edited by Tripp, May 23 2009, 10:38 AM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Tripp
May 23 2009, 10:37 AM
But I'm glad they are finally giving Melanie a love interest her OWN AGE.

I know. I've been able to tolerate her in small doses, in the comic relief format, when she is not supposed to be a love interest for much older men. This new guy is cute and looks age-appropriate, so if he can at least semi-act and they have chemistry, I will give them a shot. I did like Melanie with Nick so it's not impossible for me to like her with a man, after all.

sungrey

I like Melanie's chemistry with Brady, but I'm willing to give this a shot. I don't like the rewrite of history they did, but it isn't the first time we've been subjected to a rewrite of something. (Oh hi EJ and Stephanie, race-car drivers!!)

Alligato
Member Avatar

Can we get some more women on this show? Holy cow!
I hope Mel and this new guy have chemistry...but I have to say that I am happy because I remember Johnny in the daydram and he was pretty damn good looking!

Thanks for sharing!

Kenny
Member Avatar

LoL, this thread title reminds me of that "Two New Hunks" SOW article from 1999 when they were introducing the "new" Phillip and Shawn, played by Brandon Tyler and Jason Cook. They were standing next to each other wearing wifebeaters and Cook looked like a scrawny pre-teen next to Brandon Tyler.

Anyway, are those different guys in each picture? They look like twins.

Wes Fan

I can only assume Zach is a one time character on GW. He's definitely not a regular. I just finished watching three eps of GW and he's not a character now. I guess it was a guest stint. I have real issues if they make Mia's ex 22 years old. That's statutory rape and that's not cool.

Edit ~ he was apparently on the ONLINE version of a wannabe GW spin off and appeared in two early eps of the actual show. I am of the mind that online webisodes aren't actually shows so he's a newbie to acting. I just hope he really can act.
Edited by Wes Fan, May 23 2009, 01:59 PM.

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

Like Kenny said, both those guys look very very similiar. Both though!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

The first guy is pretty cute. I just hope they can act. I can not stand the trend of pretty but talentless on tv.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

So the plan is to throw on a whole bunch of younger men hoping that one will click?

Kenny
Member Avatar

They both look like the exact same guy!

Wes Fan

It's the hair.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Actually this casting news is already posted here in the summer previews from SOD.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I already like the look of the actor playing Nathan Jannings. Hopefully the character is written as a bit of a bad boy despite his med school thing, just so he fits well with Melanie and also since they are making his father an ex-gang member. Will enjoy seeing Maggie get to interact with her grandson too.

Not sure about Mia's ex but I'll give him a chance.

Don't plan on getting too attached to either of these actors since they'll probably wind up on B&B or GH within 5 years anyway... ;)

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

More new characters! Yay. Well at least one is a Horton. They are both cute, I'll give them that, otherwise I'll suspend judgement as it plays out.

mirabella

Angie79
May 23 2009, 05:22 PM
Actually this casting news is already posted here in the summer previews from SOD.
I knew I had read this here and had seen their pictures, too, but different pictures and I believe that Jason47 posted their ages, too, but I didn't remember which thread that was posted in. I think Jason had Nathan's portrayer at 27.

MrsMahaney
Member Avatar

Angie79
May 23 2009, 05:22 PM
I didn't see the post or had I seen any pictures posted for them yet. Sorry, didn't mean to step on any toes here!
Just trying to be helpful.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply