Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Two New Hunks in Salem - May 23rd
Topic Started: May 23 2009, 04:04 AM (3,721 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

That's OK. I don't think the other thread had the character name of Nathan Jannings. It just had it as Pete and Melissa's son so it's good to clear up whether a Horton-named character was added or not.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dooldooldool

I'm all for Maggie morphing into Grandma Horton, but creating a Melissa-Pete baby is so annoyingly dumb. After Melissa's teen failed marriage to Pete, she danced with Lars Englund, romanced and duped Jack Deveraux (in DOOL's second-most-wonderful pre-Sami failed wedding ceremony ...Howie as Hope still reigns), returned to Salem transformed from mousy blond to buxom country-song-warbling brunette, battled her cousin Jennifer for the affections of Emilio Ramirez, and left Salem to focus on her country music stardom.

The last time we say Melissa, she had returned for one of Bo and Hope's re-weddings (post-Gina?). She was 8.5 months pregnant with "another baby", implying that she and her un-named hubby had others. I vaguely recall her mentioning a "doctor husband" though.

Pete Jannings did father a child as a teenager -- Charlie Jannings. The mother was Ivy, not Melissa, and it created plenty of angst and drama for the newlyweds. Ivy eventually moved into the Kiriakis guest house, romanced Mike Horton (Michael T Wiess version), and raised Charlie as a single mom.

Now if DOOL were smart (lolololololol), it could quite easily be explained that Ivy died off-screen, that Melissa eventually found her way back to Pete and they are happily married offscreen (a la Josh and Jessica Fallon), and that the reunited Pete+Melissa raised Charlie "as their own".

Plus, not only would the new "hot doc" be tied to the Hortons (after all Melissa is adopted, as he would be), but also he would have some Kiriakis ties. Victor and Ivy had some great scenes (non-romantic, more father-daughter).

But "Nathan" is the hot new name for guys (Charlie is so 1980s). Maybe he will be Charles Nathan Jannings and DOOL will actually follow history.

Also, a 24-year-old medical interm is still about 5 years too old for an 18-year-old, even if she turned tricks for daddy at 15, became an internet sensation at 16, and lived a Paris-Hilton-like party life at 17 before emptying bedpans at 18.
Edited by dooldooldool, May 24 2009, 02:23 PM.

sungrey

That's the thing, dool. The show doesn't want to embrace its history, it wants to run away from it or create new stuff. The trouble is there are viewers out there like myself and you that remember how it originally played out and they go "waaaaaait a minute"...

I'm still behind the story because it does create a Horton connection for Maggie, but isn't that what Nick was?

It goes back to Doug Marland's infamous "how not to wreck a soap" rules. You'd be very surprised at what you can get from simply looking at a show's history.
Edited by sungrey, May 24 2009, 04:23 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

This has Gary Tomlin written all over it.

sungrey

I'm afraid you might be right on this one. Look, we all know Corday has F'd up an awful lot, but that's no reason why Gary Tomlin should take the show in a different direction. This isn't Passions 2.0, it's a soap with a rich history.

Wes Fan

dooldooldool
May 24 2009, 02:18 PM
Also, a 24-year-old medical interm is still about 5 years too old for an 18-year-old, even if she turned tricks for daddy at 15, became an internet sensation at 16, and lived a Paris-Hilton-like party life at 17 before emptying bedpans at 18.
No way. At 18 I wouldn't consider dating guys 19 or 20. I dated 25 year olds and was still more mature than some of them. What I dont like is Molly being in so many storylines. I do not like her.

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
May 24 2009, 02:18 PM
well he may be too old for her still but its better than her going after philip who is even older than nathan. but i love how you wrote her life story basically. from 15 to 18, 3 short years, she went from being her dads get outof debt free card, to internet hottie at 16, paris hilton (idk why anyone would want to be her) at 17and not working at a hospital in pinstripes (and only cause maggie lied and said that she would work hard, yea right). well maybe now she will cause she is trying to prove to brady that shes not all bad. (just every part of her except her pinky toe. lol

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Milquetoast.

And for fucks sake just how many hunks does DAYS really need?!

tekasullivan
Member Avatar

Hi people, I loved thatīs news. They are very cute.
Thanks.

dooldooldool

MTSRocks
Jun 5 2009, 07:29 PM
.... just how many hunks does DAYS really need?!
Can never have too many.....if only they would have a couple be interested in one another.... now that would be a fun storyline.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply