Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Weekly Discussion; Week of 5/25 - 5/29
Topic Started: May 25 2009, 02:11 PM (3,049 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

The Young and the Restless
Week of 5/25 - 5/29

Classic Clip:
Billy, Mac, Raul, and friends go to a Walnut Grove dance. (1999)

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

What a great clip Mason...it's great to look back and see how far the characters have come in the last (almost) ten years...it looked like it was Christmas time. Seeing Original Brittany, JT, Billy, Raul, Mac and even Jay Kenneth Johnson was fun. They were a great group of teens back then!

So about Monday's episode...was it just me or did Maria take it old school with Phyllis & Jack scenes today at Restless Style. The slap and the Phyllis just casually announcing that Billy could be the father, without missing a beat just kept talking about stuff! What a great scene...

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

hawk_osu
May 25 2009, 02:58 PM
What a great clip Mason...it's great to look back and see how far the characters have come in the last (almost) ten years...it looked like it was Christmas time. Seeing Original Brittany, JT, Billy, Raul, Mac and even Jay Kenneth Johnson was fun. They were a great group of teens back then!

So about Monday's episode...was it just me or did Maria take it old school with Phyllis & Jack scenes today at Restless Style. The slap and the Phyllis just casually announcing that Billy could be the father, without missing a beat just kept talking about stuff! What a great scene...
It was great stuff all the way around! Phyllis slapping Jack didn't hurt him NEARLY as much as the news about Billy and Sharon! I LOVED their scene and him telling her she'd said enough for one day while his eyes were filling up! Plus the look on Phyllis's face when Nick lied to her and then asked if there was anything he should know about! She was the Red of old and unpredictable! No more Stepford wife bull shit! And that scene at the club where Jack got the call from Billy and threw the phone across the room while saying "Son of a bitch!" was memorable! I could FEEL his frustration and sense of betrayal!

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

I think they got Jess Walton and Thom Bierdz to re-enact an old scene through voice overs. The Nina/Phillip and Nina/Kay flashbacks were great! Other than that, the Nina/Jill/Katherine scenes were sublime. Totally unexpected. Cane/Lily truly ruined a rather good episode, but I can see why they were put in. Oh and Billy Miller is awesome, I love how he went toe to toe with Bergman and held his own.

PB NAILED that last scene on today's U.S. show. Stafford was good too, and I loved the way she just let it out. Excellent writing there.
Edited by MTSRocks, May 25 2009, 04:44 PM.

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

MTS is that stuff in your first paragraph from Tuesday US episode?

Deleted User
Deleted User

hawk_osu
May 25 2009, 04:51 PM
MTS is that stuff in your first paragraph from Tuesday US episode?
Yes, it is.
Quote Post Goto Top

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

My bad. I didn't think it was spoilerish. I just mentioned Jill/Nina/Kay if anybody was thinking of tuning out because of the repulsive honeymooners.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

MTSRocks
May 25 2009, 04:55 PM
My bad. I didn't think it was spoilerish. I just mentioned Jill/Nina/Kay if anybody was thinking of tuning out because of the repulsive honeymooners.
I don't look at as spoilerish but maybe that's just me! I knew a little bit about what was going to happen with Jack and Phyllis due to discussion last week and it STILL didn't prepare me for their emmy worthy scenes on today's US episode! ANY Jill/Kay flashbacks are great with me since that's my favorite soap storyline EVER and I've been following it since the very beginning when I was just a young PA and not GRANDpa :unsure: !

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

TYRANT'S GOTTA GO!

Mason
Member Avatar

Can someone please tell Amber that if she's so damn convinced she knows what's best for a movie on Katherine, she should write her own damn movie. Ugh, I just want Nina to tell her off already! She's been so annoying recently.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
May 25 2009, 05:25 PM
TYRANT'S GOTTA GO!
What the HELL was the point of all that with her and Devon today? I get that he's pissed and rightly so over Neil's tryst with his "aunt" while married to Karen! But why does it matter so much that Tyra never told him she wasn't a "blood Hamilton"!? If we're stuck with Tyra, I hope this actually leads somewhere like a hidden agenda that gives the woman a personality! It's ludicrous that Neil supposedly has so much chemistry with her when Karen was INFINITELY more interesting!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Mason
May 25 2009, 05:29 PM
Can someone please tell Amber that if she's so damn convinced she knows what's best for a movie on Katherine, she should write her own damn movie. Ugh, I just want Nina to tell her off already! She's been so annoying recently.
Amber has been annoying me ever since the bull shit with her accusing Kevin of killing "Mrs CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"!!! She is just shrill and aggravating and it's pulling Daniel down too! He's become very boring and looks like HE'S been on Adam's "starvation diet"! I hope the rumored arrival of a face from Amber's past will shake things up but I'm not holding out hope! At least when she was having scenes with Phyllis and Jill, she brought their bitchier sides but she isn't really needed in that function anymore!

Mason
Member Avatar

The Jack and Phyllis scenes today were great! I can't wait for Jack and Billy on tomorrow's show.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Mason
May 25 2009, 06:01 PM
The Jack and Phyllis scenes today were great! I can't wait for Jack and Billy on tomorrow's show.
I hope Jack punches Billy the way he did former step-son Nick when he found out about Phyllis's affair with Newman! Maybe he can knock some SENSE into Billy's head because this pining for Mac is getting really old!

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

MTSRocks
May 25 2009, 04:55 PM
Oh no not at all!! I was just glued to my TV today and didn't see them, so I thought I may have missed something is all!!! No worries here...

And it so FREAKING WONERFUL to finally see Tricia Cast/Nina back on my screen!! It's about damn time!!!!

And yes...Peter Bergman and Michelle Stafford just rocked it today.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Wish there was more to the Nina/Neil reunion than we got there but I'm glad she finally got reconnect with him.

Loved Jack's meltdown. Mostly it was just someone telling Phyllis to SHUT UP! but enjoyed PB's Hulk rage when he finally figured everything out.

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

I don't dislike Tyra, in fact I actually quite like her. I do wish they would give her more personality and something to do...Olivia said she reminds her of Drucilla, well they need to show us that. I'm glad Karen is gone!

The look on PB's face when Michelle slapped him was PRICELESS!!!

AnthonyL

PB and MS were excellent today. The highlight of the episode.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

I loved the way Phyllis just blurted it out. I didn't initially expect it to go down like that, so that was some good writing. It looks like Kristoff St. John finally gets a pretty little thing on his side. Sometimes the male egos on Y&R can be so frustrating.

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

I agree MTS. To me it was vintage soap opera...Phyllis was raging on like no other and just says what she thought Jack knew, which was amazing!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply