Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Forbes March joins ATWT cast
Topic Started: May 26 2009, 11:13 AM (1,800 Views)
Ellie

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2009/05/26/forbes-march-joins-world-turns

According to Soap Opera Digest Forbes March has joined the cast of As the World Turns. He's going to play the role of Mason, Noah's college professor. Mason is gay, but won't come between Luke and Noah says March. His first airdate is July 14th.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Good News: He got a job.

Bad News: It's on ATWT.
Quote Post Goto Top

CandiceSpauldingMunson
Member Avatar

Good News for Me..I heart FM

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Sucks that he's on ATWT. So he won't be coming between Noah and Luke? But he's gay? Yeah, I don't believe that for one second.

bellcurve
Member Avatar

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put him between Luke and Noah! :D I hope this is a case of Goutman/Passanante lying to him.

Ellie

Update from SOD website:

http://soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

ATWT Casting News

Soap Opera Digest has learned exclusively that Forbes March, who won hearts as OLTL's Nash, is joining ATWT on July 14 as Mason, Noah's college advisor. "Mason's gay, too, so we have that in common. And we'll see where it goes!" says March. The actor is aware of the strong "Nuke" contingent out there. "Well, having received death threats when I played Nash and I had to deal with Antonio fans, I think Iím ready for them," he cracks. For the full story, see the next issues of Digest and Weekly.

Deleted User
Deleted User

That there was ever Antonio fans in the first place makes me cringe. Poor guy had to deal with those crazy loony bitches. LOL
Quote Post Goto Top

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Amello
May 26 2009, 12:49 PM
That there was ever Antonio fans in the first place makes me cringe. Poor guy had to deal with those crazy loony bitches. LOL
LMAO! So true. I'm happy for Forbes but I wish it wasn't ATWT. I can't see myself investing in another P&G soap.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Quote:

"Mason's gay, too, so we have that in common. And we'll see where it goes!" says March.
Say whaaaaa? Does this mean that Forbes March is gay? LoL.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 26 2009, 12:59 PM
Quote:

"Mason's gay, too, so we have that in common. And we'll see where it goes!" says March.
lol I wanted to asked that but I didn't...

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 26 2009, 12:59 PM
LOL! I don't think so. I think what March was saying was that Mason is gay and so is Noah, and they have a past together with Mason being Noah's professor, and the fact that they're both gay makes even more that they have in common.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Oh, wow. That wording threw me for a loop, LoL. Forbes never pinged on my gaydar whatsoever.

lulu
Member Avatar

Amello
May 26 2009, 11:22 AM
Good News: He got a job.

Bad News: It's on ATWT.
My thoughts exactly.

I wanted him back on OLTL. :(

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Forbes March jumps from one sinking ship to another.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

Kenny
May 26 2009, 01:21 PM
Oh, wow. That wording threw me for a loop, LoL. Forbes never pinged on my gaydar whatsoever.
Just out of curiosity, which soap stars has been on your gaydar? lol

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

Forbes isn't gay but he played gay in my film, out on DVD now! (shameless plug)

I'm looking forward to this storyline if it's actually more than a few episodes. ATWT has started telling stories in 5 to 10 episode arcs and that's NOT how to write a daytime soap.

Leia
Member Avatar

Good for Forbes. I thought he was married with kids though???

Kenny
Member Avatar

Here's a summary of the full SOD article.

Almost a year after leaving OLTL as Nash, Forbes March has been hired to play Noah's college professor, Mason, on As The World Turns.

"It's crazy. They were looking for somebody and I was looking for a job," laughs March. "It was simpatico. My very first audition here in New York was with Chris Goutman. It didn't work out; I ended up going over to All My Children. But I've always wanted to work for him because I got a really great impression of him. I've done AMC, OLTL and now I'm on ATWT. If this job ends, I guess I'm going back to med school."

As for Mason, "There's not much to give away," shrugs March. "I'm only on my second day and you know how soaps are. They keep the cards close to the vest at the beginning and feel it out. But I'm playing the faculty adviser of Noah. Mason's gay too, so we have that in common. And we'll see where it goes!"

Forbes is aware of the strong "Nuke" contingent out there. "Well, having received death threats when I played Nash and I had to deal with Antonio fans, I think I'm ready for them," he cracks.

Is there a chance that Mason will split up the popular pair? "No, there's going to be three gay characters on one show, and one of them will have no connection to the other two," he says. "That's my assumption going into this. It's going to be a completely professional, platonic relationship. I'm going to be strictly his academic adviser. So they're both gay? So what? Is this 1950? Do all gay men hook up just because they're gay? I thought we'd moved past that! I mean, seriously, people. A little bit of maturity."

Thus far, March is impressed with hos the show has handled the storyline with Luke and Noah. "One of the reasons I'm so excited to be a part of this is because I think they've done such a good job of writing that relationship," he praises. "They didn't cliche it in any way. They did it very truthfully and honestly and well, I think it merits being so popular and I'm looking forward to working with the guys."

He does add, "My daughter is going to be very confused." March first airs on July 14th.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I see you down there Mason.

How does Forbes March playing a character with your first name make you feel? ;)

Mason
Member Avatar

~Rhi~
May 27 2009, 12:30 PM
I see you down there Mason.

How does Forbes March playing a character with your first name make you feel? ;)
Of all the soaps, why, WHY did ATWT have to be the one to use my name? LoL. And with such an underwhelming actor, no less. He's already played a character with my middle name (Scott), and now this? Sorry Forbes, but you'll never be ME. :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply