Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD and SOW: Philip rescues Stephanie; June 9th issues: Summary of Articles
Topic Started: May 27 2009, 11:07 AM (2,177 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD and SOW each feature an interview with Shelley Hennig.

SOW begins by saying that Philip and Stephanie lie in adjoining morgue drawers "and profess their love for each other". Hennig describes to SOD the moment that Stephanie realizes Philip is in the drawer next to hers: "All of a sudden, her fiancÚ, the love of her life, is next to her and telling her he's going to get them out. She's really relieved."

Then, Owen walks in and takes Stephanie out of her drawer, telling her that they're going to leave Salem together. At that point, Philip kicks his drawer open, and this distracts Owen. Stephanie grabs Owen's gun, and Philip and Owen start fighting. Stephanie doesn't want to leave to get help, because she's afraid something will happen to Philip. She hits Owen and tries to get the gun back.

Then, Bo and Hope come in, and Brady and Melanie come in right after them. Philip has almost beaten Owen to death at this point, and Stephanie tells him to stop. Hennig says that Stephanie doesn't want Philip to kill Owen; "She just wants this whole thing to be over with."

The fight ends when Bo and Hope arrest Owen, and Stephanie and Philip hug. Later, Stephanie and Philip go to the Kiriakis mansion. Kate is happy to have Philip home, but Roman arrives and warns Stephanie about marrying into the Kiriakis family. Stephanie "doesn't want to hear it", says Hennig. "She's been through enough and just wants to pretend everything is going to be fine."

Roman leaves, and later, Stephanie and Philip make love. But when Stephanie goes to sleep afterwards, she has a nightmare about what happened. Hennig explains that Stephanie "wakes up out of breath" and has a panic attack. Stephanie tries to "put on a brave face" for Philip, telling him everything is fine. Hennig says that "Stephanie loves Philip and can't live without him, so she's willing to do whatever it takes. But at some point, she's going to break."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
May 27 2009, 11:07 AM
Philip and Stephanie lie in adjoining morgue drawers "and profess their love for each other".
Now there's a sentence you don't read every day.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Ellie

Paxton
May 27 2009, 11:12 AM
Ellie
Philip and Stephanie lie in adjoining morgue drawers "and profess their love for each other".

ROFL I was thinking the same thing. My favorite is Shelley's quote that Steph "just wants this to be over". I was like, SO DO WE!

esp13
Member Avatar

Oh goody, Roman warning Stephanie about marrying Philip. Clearly she has no other relatives who might have an opinion on this issue. I guess JT needed to get his one day of work per month in.

Other than that, it sounds pretty good (aside from the professions of love in adjoining morgue drawers). I think Stephanie's definitely due for a breakdown soon.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
May 27 2009, 11:17 AM
ROFL I was thinking the same thing. My favorite is Shelley's quote that Steph "just wants this to be over". I was like, SO DO WE!

I know, I know--Owen's creepiness has worn me down fast, though I think we're having one of Salem's famous monthdays, or maybe it just ended.

Also, while I flove Philip, don't get me wrong, does anyone else have doubts about his ability to beat the shit out of Owen? Who's, like, 3-4" taller but importantly appears strong and athletic thanks to the arm-baring wifebeater he's been wearing in said monthday?

lastDays
Member Avatar

Ellie
Please link to DR.

This week's SOD and SOW each feature an interview with Shelley Hennig.

SOW begins by saying that Philip and Stephanie lie in adjoining morgue drawers "and profess their love for each other". Hennig describes to SOD the moment that Stephanie realizes Philip is in the drawer next to hers: "All of a sudden, her fiancÚ, the love of her life, is next to her and telling her he's going to get them out. She's really relieved."

Then, Owen walks in and takes Stephanie out of her drawer, telling her that they're going to leave Salem together. At that point, Philip kicks his drawer open, and this distracts Owen. Stephanie grabs Owen's gun, and Philip and Owen start fighting. Stephanie doesn't want to leave to get help, because she's afraid something will happen to Philip. She hits Owen and tries to get the gun back.

Then, Bo and Hope come in, and Brady and Melanie come in right after them. Philip has almost beaten Owen to death at this point, and Stephanie tells him to stop. Hennig says that Stephanie doesn't want Philip to kill Owen; "She just wants this whole thing to be over with."

The fight ends when Bo and Hope arrest Owen, and Stephanie and Philip hug. Later, Stephanie and Philip go to the Kiriakis mansion. Kate is happy to have Philip home, but Roman arrives and warns Stephanie about marrying into the Kiriakis family. Stephanie "doesn't want to hear it", says Hennig. "She's been through enough and just wants to pretend everything is going to be fine."

Roman leaves, and later, Stephanie and Philip make love. But when Stephanie goes to sleep afterwards, she has a nightmare about what happened. Hennig explains that Stephanie "wakes up out of breath" and has a panic attack. Stephanie tries to "put on a brave face" for Philip, telling him everything is fine. Hennig says that "Stephanie loves Philip and can't live without him, so she's willing to do whatever it takes. But at some point, she's going to break."

This has got to go down as one of the worst soap stories in history.Right up there with OLTLs Eterna :puke: Dena,its time to clean out your crack pipe :drunk:
Edited by lastDays, May 27 2009, 11:48 AM.

ladyjetski99
Member Avatar

Im sure Philip will help Steph get better and keep away from Drugs..I know Philip not kind of person hurt her like Belle? Im sure Stephanie change her mind to get married someday who know? Damn Owen ruins Philips relationship.

esp13
Member Avatar

This doesn't even crack the top 100 in worst soap stories. Heck I don't think it even cracks Days worst 100. It might not be great, but it's not that bad.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Roman? Roman?! Can't Roman go check up on his crazy daughter and tell her not to let Rafe adopt her kid?

I can deal with Caroline standing in for Steve and Kayla because it capitalizes on her history with Victor, but Roman? Ugh.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie.

I'm just sad that hot Philip has turned into a dullard in this pairing. I am not drawn into this romance one bit. And I know JKJ can do romance.

I really wanted the drawer to stay shut for a while.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

wow..this crap is well just crap..wasting the fine JKJ on this rubbish

michelle
Member Avatar

I wish Phil would beat Stephanie AND Owen to death. This story just gets more and more ridiculous.

A morgue. That's where this show is headed alright.

michelle
Member Avatar

Paxton
May 27 2009, 11:12 AM
Ellie

Thank God we don't hear shit this stupid on this show every day. It's bad enough that we have to hear it as often as we do.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Oh WAIT..I thought Roman was going to take Phillip to the BPD for interrogation in the kidnapping.....how about Victor? They do have 72 hours???

Yeah, right! Lame ass SL!
Liz

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

ladyjetski99
May 27 2009, 12:04 PM
Im sure Philip will help Steph get better and keep away from Drugs..I know Philip not kind of person hurt her like Belle? Im sure Stephanie change her mind to get married someday who know? Damn Owen ruins Philips relationship.
i know owen is such a..........UGH!!!!!!!! There is no word to describe him. just when philip has something good going, someone messes it up. look at belle chloe and morgan. and i really hate owen now. cause he acts like he loves steph and will do anything for her. but if that was true he would let her go so she can be with philip.

PHELLE FOREVER

ytumbler8
May 27 2009, 04:30 PM
ladyjetski99
i know owen is such a..........UGH!!!!!!!! There is no word to describe him. just when philip has something good going, someone messes it up. look at belle chloe and morgan. and i really hate owen now. cause he acts like he loves steph and will do anything for her. but if that was true he would let her go so she can be with philip.
Maybe Owen feels the same way that a lot of us do...Stephanie is more interesting in the morgue? :shrug:

lastDays
Member Avatar

esp13
This doesn't even crack the top 100 in worst soap stories. Heck I don't think it even cracks Days worst 100. It might not be great, but it's not that bad.
Well it certainly ramks as one of the worst I've seen,granted I haven't watched Days very long.I might be able to stomache this story if it weren't for the endless shots of Steph lying in the morgue and the pathetic Owen.Neither of those two are exactly stellar actors

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply