Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Episode Rankings as of 5/31/09...; JKJ first time in lead since 2002
Topic Started: May 28 2009, 02:44 PM (1,308 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

2009 Episode Rankings. The following is a listing of how many episodes each actor appeared in on "Days of Our Lives" in 2009 (1/1/09-5/31/09), out of a total of 105 episodes. For the complete list, please visit http://www.jason47.com

Rank. Actor (Character) # of Episodes
1. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker) 90
2. James Scott (E.J. DiMera) 83
3. Jay Johnson (Philip Kiriakis) 72
*. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady) 72
5. Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe Lane) 61
*. Shelley Hennig (Stephanie Johnson) 61
7. Eric Martsolf (Brady Black) 57
8. Galen Gering (Rafe Hernandez) 55
9. Shawn Christian (Daniel Jonas) 54
10. Joseph Mascolo (Stefano DiMera) 49

May 2009 Episode Rankings. Here's how many episodes each actor has appeared in this month (5/1/09-5/31/09), out of a total of 21 episodes. For the complete list, please visit http://www.jason47.com

**Jay Johnson (Philip) leads the monthly rankings for the first time since October, 2002.

Rank. Actor (Character) # of Episodes
1. Jay Johnson (Philip Kiriakis) 19
2. Shelley Hennig (Stephanie Johnson) 18
3. Wes Ramsey (Owen) 15
4. James Scott (E.J. DiMera) 15
*. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady) 15
6. John Aniston (Victor Kiriakis) 14
7. Galen Gering (Rafe Hernandez) 14
*. Arianne Zucker (Nicole Walker) 14
9. Eric Martsolf (Brady Black) 11
10. Joseph Mascolo (Stefano DiMera) 10
*. Ailish & Julia O'Connor (Grace Brady) 10
*. Felisha Terrell (Arianna Hernandez) 10

35 Years Ago: May 1974 Episode Rankings:
1. Susan Flannery (Laura Horton) 15
2. Peter Brown (Greg Peters) 13
3. Frances Reid (Alice Horton) 12

25 Years Ago: May 1984 Episode Rankings:
1. Andrew Masset (Larry Welch) 21
2. Kristian Alfonso (Hope Williams) 20
3. Lisa Trusel (Melissa Anderson) 18

20 Years Ago: May 1989 Episode Rankings
1. Richard Biggs (Marcus Hunter) 17
2. Patrice Chanel-Carter (Gail Carson) 16
*. Mary Beth Evans (Kayla Johnson) 16
*. Stephen Nichols (Steve Johnson) 16

15 Years Ago: May 1994 Episode Rankings:
1. Lisa Rinna (Billie Reed) 17
2. Tanya Boyd (Celeste Perrault) 16
3. Deborah Adair (Kate Roberts) 15

10 Years Ago: May 1999 Episode Rankings:
1. Bryan Dattilo (Lucas Roberts) 21
2. Lauren Koslow (Kate Roberts) 20
3. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady) 19

5 Years Ago: May 2004 Episode Rankings:
1. Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans) 20
2. Drake Hogestyn (John Black) 18
3. Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady) 16
*. Jason Cook (Shawn Brady) 16
*. Kirsten Storms (Belle Black) 16

Complete Rankings of May 1974, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999 and 2004 available at http://www.jason47.com
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mirabella

Thanks, Jason.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Hey Jason. Just out of curiosty, is there a reason why there is no data for Episode Rankings between 69-70?
Quote Post Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

Wow.That really saying something when a storyline performer (Wes Ramsey) is getting more airtime than regular estabished stars like Brian D,Shawn Christian and Nadia Bjorlin. This has become the Arianna Zuker show :sleep:

And Shelly Henning should not be getting that kind of airtime,either
Edited by lastDays, May 28 2009, 04:07 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Amello
May 28 2009, 03:07 PM
Hey Jason. Just out of curiosty, is there a reason why there is no data for Episode Rankings between 69-70?
No reason, other than I haven't had a chance yet to fully research the 1968-1971 and 1975-1982 periods. But eventually they will be done (years down the road) and then the complete 1965-present data will be available.

Wes Fan

lastDays
May 28 2009, 04:02 PM
Wow.That really saying something when a storyline performer (Wes Ramsey) is getting more airtime than regular estabished stars like Brian D,Shawn Christian and Nadia Bjorlin. This has become the Arianna Zuker show :sleep:

And Shelly Henning should not be getting that kind of airtime,either
That number for Wes seems wrong. I mean, he's the one I'm tuning in for and it sure doesn't seem like he was on all but 4 days in May. I have him first appearing May 8th US (I emailed a friend the minute I saw him and that's the date on the email).
Edited by Wes Fan, May 28 2009, 06:52 PM.

Ellie

Wes Fan
May 28 2009, 06:51 PM
That number for Wes seems wrong. I mean, he's the one I'm tuning in for and it sure doesn't seem like he was on all but 4 days in May. I have him first appearing May 8th US (I emailed a friend the minute I saw him and that's the date on the email).
Didn't I read that they showed Owen before that without showing his face though?

Wes Fan

Ellie
May 28 2009, 06:54 PM
Wes Fan
Didn't I read that they showed Owen before that without showing his face though?
His chin. He was on the phone with Stefano on April 8th but you only saw his chin and heard his voice. He then showed up on May 8th. All of this is per emails I sent to someone else who loved "Wyatt" on Charmed. I mean, I guess it's possible he was on every day since he arrived but it doesn't seem like it.

Ellie

Wes Fan
May 28 2009, 07:01 PM
Ellie
Wes Fan
His chin. He was on the phone with Stefano on April 8th but you only saw his chin and heard his voice. He then showed up on May 8th. All of this is per emails I sent to someone else who loved "Wyatt" on Charmed. I mean, I guess it's possible he was on every day since he arrived but it doesn't seem like it.
Oh ok, lol. Thanks. I'm sure Jason can answer about the numbers, but if Wes Ramsey played Owen in May (even without our seeing his face), I think that would count.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Here's Wes (Owen)'s airdates:

4/7, 4/17, 4/23, 5/8, and all of the past 14 episodes (5/12-5/29).

An easy pay day for the first three episodes, however, as his chin was the star for those three days.
Edited by Jason47, May 28 2009, 07:11 PM.

Wes Fan

Ellie
May 28 2009, 07:03 PM
Wes Fan
May 28 2009, 07:01 PM
Ellie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Oh ok, lol. Thanks. I'm sure Jason can answer about the numbers, but if Wes Ramsey played Owen in May (even without our seeing his face), I think that would count.

Warning ~ obsession alert ~ The chin shot was April 8th. Between April 8th and May 8th, nothing. I was getting worried. Then on the 8th he had a less than one minute walk on. If I had blinked, I might have missed it is how brief it was on the 8th of May.

I warned you I was obsessed waiting for him to arrive. :)

Jason47
Member Avatar

Wes Fan: That means you missed two chin shot scenes: 4/17 and 4/23. He spoke to the hitman, Masi, in Act 7 on 4/17 and spoke to Stefano in Act 6 on 4/23.
Edited by Jason47, May 28 2009, 07:16 PM.

Wes Fan

Jason47
May 28 2009, 07:09 PM
Here's Wes (Owen)'s airdates:

4/7, 4/17, 4/23, 5/8, and all of the past 14 episodes (5/12-5/29).

An easy pay day for the first three episodes, however, as his chin was the star for those three days.
I guess you watch on a different date. It was definitely April 8th that was his first date. I don't know where you got the other two April dates, there's nothing in the transcripts that indicate that. Like I said, I don't think you're right, but that's fine. I did miss a couple of days in May.

Jason47
Member Avatar

I use the US airdate. He debuted on 4/8 in Act 5, when he spoke to Stefano on the phone. As mentioned above, he spoke to the hitman, Masi, in Act 7 on 4/17 and spoke to Stefano in Act 6 on 4/23.

I have a listing of who has appeared in every scene of "Days" since 1991. And my daily character logs go back to January 1, 1983. Some of my records from the 80s might not be totally accurate, but everything in the past decade or so has been checked and double checked for accuracy.

Here is the further proof, from the transcripts:

Here's the transcript from 4/7/09 (the links are from TV Megasite, which list the day-ahead dates). (He is not listed as Owen in the script, but I added his name for his lines):

http://tvmegasite.net/day/days/transcripts/older/2009/trans-da-04-06-09.shtml

Stefano: Where the hell have you been, huh? I expected you to check in yesterday.
OWEN: Yeah, I know, I know, but something came up. A whole battery of electronic geeks arrived to install more sophisticated surveillance.
Stefano: How sophisticated?
OWEN: Sophisticated enough that the entire Kiriakis mansion is key to a whole new system.
Stefano: Are you telling me that you are shut down?
OWEN: I was for the better part of two hours. You'll be pleased to know that my M.I.T. Education is once again yielding you some priceless dividends.
Stefano: Yeah, I know what the price is. You know, I've been lining your pockets for years. All right, now, am I to assume that you are up and running again?
OWEN: Back in business and better than ever. Nothing that goes on in chez Kiriakis will get past me.
Stefano: Oh, speak of the devil. I'll talk to you later. You've got a lot of nerve.

The April 17 episode: (again no listing of Owen in the script)
http://tvmegasite.net/day/days/transcripts/older/2009/trans-da-04-16-09.shtml

Masi: [Speaking Italian] No, it's not gonna be a problem. A little public, perhaps. [Speaking Italian] [Cellphone rings] [Beeps]
OWEN: Yeah. Our subject is at the Salem Ambassador Hotel, 1812 West Main.
Masi: Good job.

And again on April 23 (not listed as Owen):
http://tvmegasite.net/day/days/transcripts/older/2009/trans-da-04-22-09.shtml

Stefano: Has there been any unusual activity?
OWEN: No, sir, but I did hear Henderson say Mr. Kiriakis was going to survive the shooting.
Stefano: All right. Keep your eyes open. Damn it.
Edited by Jason47, May 28 2009, 07:28 PM.

Wes Fan

That's fine. If you say so. Whatever. Me thinks thou dost protest too much to prove your point. I'm entitled to my opinion though.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Wasn't protesting. Just providing some extra proof. I've been tracking episode appearances since 1983, but wanted some additional proof for you in case you hadn't visited my site before.

For final proof, here are his scenes on Youtube. You can watch the two scenes of his that you missed:

April 17 scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PfPqcMkWss (first scene with Masi)

April 23 scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TVnYI8BdUk (at the 2:00 minute mark with Stefano)
Edited by Jason47, May 28 2009, 08:20 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Thanks for keeping track of all this stuff, Jason. I don't know if I've ever told you before but I'm just glad that resource exists for Days fans and I can't imagine how time consuming it is to update and maintain.

Can't believe Larry Welch appeared in 21 episodes in a month though. Crazy.

mirabella

Jason your site is just amazing and I am so impressed with the statistics that you house there. I agree that it must be so time consuming to keep up with everything that you do. I have always found it accurate and have used your site many times to prove a point or things to other posters. LOL! Thanks for the site and the incredible amount of time you put into it keeping it up to date and accurate.

Edited by mirabella, May 28 2009, 08:25 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
May 28 2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for keeping track of all this stuff, Jason. I don't know if I've ever told you before but I'm just glad that resource exists for Days fans and I can't imagine how time consuming it is to update and maintain.

Can't believe Larry Welch appeared in 21 episodes in a month though. Crazy.
Glad to do it, IMissAremid and Mirabella. It's been a gradual process through the years. Way back before the Internet, I started watching "Days" in 1990 and started the daily scene-by-scene logs in 1991. So getting the data for 1991-present wasn't too hard to do. I just input it slowly through the years into MS Word. And over the past decade, I acquired the 1983-1990 episodes. That was the most work to do. Fast forwarding through all the scenes of 250 episodes a year for the 8 years of data (which totals around 2,000 episodes)! That's why I've never gotten to actually watch the full episodes of 1983-1990 (except for some weddings and Christmas episodes, etc.... and other scenes that looked good). That's why my data might be off just a little bit for 1983-1990, since a character like Henderson or Dave the waiter might have been on very briefly and I might have missed them in my fast-forwarding. But I'd give my total efforts about a 98% accuracy rating, since everyone makes mistakes!
Yes, Andrew had a ton of work in May. That was the infamous month of the Hope/"Howie"/Larry wedding, when Larry ended up kissing Howie (Stanley Brock) in drag.
Edited by Jason47, May 28 2009, 08:31 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply