Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Casting Tidbits 6/1
Topic Started: Jun 1 2009, 01:02 PM (2,248 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

*Yvette Freeman (Nurse) will be coming to Salem again to take care of Grace when she falls ill.

* Owen, played by Wes Ramsey, will be leaving the show the week of June 1, when he is arrested.

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/comings_and_goings/

NEW 6/5

*Ross Matthews returns as Kate’s assistant Chris on Tuesday June 23.
Edited by Angie79, Jun 5 2009, 03:49 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wes Fan

Very sad. I thought they were bringing Wes in for the long haul. Oh well, back to reruns of Las Vegas and Charmed.

Now I'm confused:

Quote:

Monday, June 8th
Stefano decides not to tell EJ about the baby switch; EJ asks Stefano what he has done to prevent Owen from going to the police.

Why would he be a threat if he's gone and why would Stefano need to prevent him from going to the police if he's already arrested.

I just hope this is misinformation. I really want Owen to stick around.
Edited by Wes Fan, Jun 1 2009, 01:10 PM.

MrsMahaney
Member Avatar

Wes has a recurring gig on CSI: MIAMI, but.... this is not the last we have seen of Wes on DAYS!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Wes Fan
Jun 1 2009, 01:05 PM
Very sad. I thought they were bringing Wes in for the long haul. Oh well, back to reruns of Las Vegas and Charmed.

Now I'm confused:

Quote:

Monday, June 8th
Stefano decides not to tell EJ about the baby switch; EJ asks Stefano what he has done to prevent Owen from going to the police.

Why would he be a threat if he's gone and why would Stefano need to prevent him from going to the police if he's already arrested.

I sort of had the feeling that Owen must have a twin or look alike brother. Wasn't his father lamenting on Friday's show that he wished he was more like his brother?

Unless they've decided to drop the storyline they originally intended, I would be Wes will be back shortly.

Wes Fan

MrsMahaney
Jun 1 2009, 01:12 PM
Wes has a recurring gig on CSI: MIAMI, but.... this is not the last we have seen of Wes on DAYS!
I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch David Carruso / CSI:Miami. I love CSI:NY but that's the only CSI I watch. I guess I'll have to hope he shows back up on Days and watch my Charmed reruns.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Others are speculating about a twin? I think I also read that GT did 10 days of filming. His scenes didnt seem like 10 days??

As for the reference to Owen on the 8th, I think Steffy and EJ just talk about him.

I did like WR, guess we'll see about the twin?
Liz

Mason

Angie79
Jun 1 2009, 01:02 PM
Owen, played by Wes Ramsey, will be leaving the show the week of June 1, when he is arrested.
See ya! :wave:

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 1 2009, 01:15 PM
Wes Fan

Now I'm confused:

Quote:

Monday, June 8th

I sort of had the feeling that Owen must have a twin or look alike brother. Wasn't his father lamenting on Friday's show that he wished he was more like his brother?

Unless they've decided to drop the storyline they originally intended, I would be Wes will be back shortly.
thats a good question cause in that photo they did look a bit alike so maybe they are twins

lastDays
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 1 2009, 02:20 PM
Angie79
Jun 1 2009, 01:02 PM
Owen, played by Wes Ramsey, will be leaving the show the week of June 1, when he is arrested.
See ya! :wave:
I didn't care for owen and I hope this was the last we see of Wes Ramsey :cheer:

six
Member Avatar

Thanks, Angie.

I didn't mind Owen. He's no Tony, but he was okay at being loony.

jane1978

SocRMum1
Wes Fan

Now I'm confused:

Quote:

Monday, June 8th

Owen´s brother we saw on the family photo his father had on friday is definitely played by Wes too. And I think OBK confirmed Steph still runs into Owen in coming weeks while this news clearly says Owen is done this week so I quess "Owen" OBK saw and Steph runs into is already the twin. This whole kidnapping story was like a giant chemistry test, so I doubt they will let Wes go so easily.

Wes Fan

jane1978
Jun 1 2009, 03:42 PM
SocRMum1
Wes Fan

Now I'm confused:

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep

Owen´s brother we saw on the family photo his father had on friday is definitely played by Wes too. And I think OBK confirmed Steph still runs into Owen in coming weeks while this news clearly says Owen is done this week so I quess "Owen" OBK saw and Steph runs into is already the twin. This whole kidnapping story was like a giant chemistry test, so I doubt they will let Wes go so easily.

Thanks. I thought I had read where Stephanie runs in to him but couldn't find it in the spoilers so I thought I imagined it. It's funny, as I type, Wes is on Charmed right now. I really wish I still have Friday's ep on the DVR because I didn't see the picture....I was too distracted by Mason Capwell being on my screen. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers the actor as the first Mason on SB).

mirabella

MrsMahaney
Jun 1 2009, 01:12 PM
That is great news. Wes is a wonderful actor and I can't believe that Days would just let him go like that. I was so hoping he would be back.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Wes Fan
Jun 1 2009, 03:53 PM
I thought I had read where Stephanie runs in to him but couldn't find it in the spoilers so I thought I imagined it.
The info about Stephanie running into Owen is in this thread:

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8124842/1/

I suppose she could be hallucinating him or something, but I agree with jane that it sure seemed like Stephanie/Owen was a chemistry test and given Corday's preview that Stephanie and Philip break up (for real this time, though who knows) I too think a twin is in the works.

Wes Fan

Paxton
Jun 1 2009, 04:13 PM
Wes Fan
I thought I had read where Stephanie runs in to him but couldn't find it in the spoilers so I thought I imagined it.

I suppose she could be hallucinating him or something, but I agree with jane that it sure seemed like Stephanie/Owen was a chemistry test and given Corday's preview that Stephanie and Philip break up (for real this time, though who knows) I too think a twin is in the works.
Thank you. I'm on board for a twin. I liked Steph/Owen better than Steph/Phil. I'm not wild about those two together but Wes and Shelley actually were enjoyable. Then again, I was always a sucker for the "good girl kidnapped by a hot guy" storyline. I was hoping it would last longer than it did.

jane1978

Paxton
Wes Fan

Thanks. This teasers are for the funeral week, which I think is either last or second to last week of June. I definitely can see DAYS introducing this twin in a big "OMG, Owen! You are free!" scare, where poor Steph runs into him at pier, late night, alone and not knowing who he is first.

Funny thing is this twin is probably even more dangerous than Owen because he should be the one with MIT degree and the one who hacked Victor´s security system. And still works for Stefano.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

jane1978
Jun 1 2009, 04:28 PM
Funny thing is this twin is probably even more dangerous than Owen because he should be the one with MIT degree and the one who hacked Victor´s security system. And still works for Stefano.

Exactly. It would definitely explain why the "Owen" we first met over the phone was so cool and contained whereas this one is so bumbling. It would also explain his father's wish that Owen is more like his brother, i.e., smart and educated.

Wes Fan

jane1978
Jun 1 2009, 04:28 PM
Paxton
Wes Fan

Thanks. This teasers are for the funeral week, which I think is either last or second to last week of June. I definitely can see DAYS introducing this twin in a big "OMG, Owen! You are free!" scare, where poor Steph runs into him at pier, late night, alone and not knowing who he is first.

That makes so much sense since they didn't show who was actually talking to Stefano just the chin and why would a father who sent his kid to MIT be okay with him becoming a mortician? Owen doesn't seem bright enough to have gone to MIT. Heck he doesn't even seem to have a college education of any form. And why bother casting his father if he's only on for one full month? Doesn't make sense to me but a twin would.

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

If speculations above are true, perhaps that is why there was so much secrecy about Wes' character. :shrug:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Not trying to rain on anybody's parade, but I don't think Owen is going to be revealed as a twin or if he is that they will say that the person talking on the phone so calm and collected is different than this emotional bumbler that is holding Stephanie hostage. I think the simple reason he no longer has it together is his crazy messed up feelings for Stephanie.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply