Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD cover 6/16 issue; Courtesy of SON
Topic Started: Jun 2 2009, 12:45 PM (6,813 Views)
Ellie

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=30699

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

Actually he's not the father but what a way to find out that you had a child. WOW that totally sucks.

Ridge leaves Brooke? YAY but how long will it last. I'm still a Tridge fan at heart.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jun 2 2009, 12:50 PM.

Wes Fan

Well, at least Sami finally told him what she believes to be the truth and EJ has a chance to grieve unlike Nicole who never allowed EJ to grieve his daughter with her.

Kenny
Member Avatar

You just love breaking those "rules," don't ya, Corday?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Corday should've just kept his mouth shut. He should've never said that no more babies would die on his show. Corday, it's a story, a story that sometimes needs to be told. Babies die all the time. Soaps are about showing some sort of reality. I don't have a problem with these storylines.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Geez could that font be any bigger or redder where it says DIES! It's like SOD is so psyched to report on a soap character that they know is really dead and isn't coming back to life they have to emphasize it that much more.

Those pictures look like we're in for some heartwrenching stuff. Thanks for posting, Ellie. The article will be interesting to read as well tomorrow.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

GRRR....damn.Oh well,,so it begins.Knew it was happening,,I wish she had told him long ago..tho I KNOW its that untalented DH's PLOT..thanks so much Ellie!
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Jun 2 2009, 01:53 PM.

brimike

Kenny
Jun 2 2009, 01:07 PM
You just love breaking those "rules," don't ya, Corday?
He was probably on one of his "vacations" when they wrote these episodes. LOL!

Alligato
Member Avatar

Sami is such a chicken shit. Couldn't tell him when he could bond with his kid or get to know her, but let him know while she is dying? Like that will do him any good. She really does hate EJ, doesn't she?

Can't believe that they have to continually kill babies on this show for a story. I'd rather a brain chip over this.

Thanks for sharing, Ellie.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Maybe I'm being a little sensitive - but is anyone else a little skeeved out that they are showing the actual baby on the cover? Is that really necessary?

I am looking forward to seeing the circumstances around EJ finding out the 'truth'. And as much as I hate that Sami kept this hidden from him, I'm glad she does finally come clean. And now, as EJ works through his grief and anger, we'll see Nicole (and Stefano) standing there watching him suffer knowing they could prevent it. :shame:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

I'm seeing a hint of Ugly Cry in the still photo of Sami and Rafe hugging but Galen looks appropriately torn up. I hope the actors do justice to what is by nature a horribly heart-wrenching story.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

ginababe
BANNED

Paxton
Jun 2 2009, 01:58 PM
I'm seeing a hint of Ugly Cry in the still photo of Sami and Rafe hugging but Galen looks appropriately torn up. I hope the actors do justice to what is by nature a horribly heart-wrenching story.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!
I love EJami, but you are right! Ali Sweeney can't cry for shit!

Wes Fan

If Ali draws on the fact that she's a new mom to a baby girl, she can probably come up with a good scene.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Just by looking at the cover, I can tell that Ali's acting will be shit. Anyone can scrunch their face up and try to squeeze out a few fake tears, but in this particular case, we're gonna need a little more than that. There's a huge difference between crying over relationship woes (which she's done for the last ten years) and crying over the death of a child. My guess is that Ali will deliver this the same way she delivers everything -- one note and void of any emotional truth.

ginababe
BANNED

I think we are going to get a fist in the wall moment w/ EJ, and rightfully so! Sami's lucky she is the mother of his children, her ass would've been grass!

Faye

Ali Sweeney crying.. nooooo!

Kenny
Member Avatar

From Angela at SON:
Quote:

Corday says killing babies was one of the three things his parents taught him never to write but then he goes on about how great the ratings were for Zach's death and blah, blah, good story.
Sami having an affair with a talking hermaphodite donkey would deliver great ratings too.

That doesn't mean it has to be done.

ginababe
BANNED

no one can out do Kristian Alfonso when it comes to these scenes, that was the most heart breaking scene I have seen on this show in a long time!

ginababe
BANNED

Kenny
Jun 2 2009, 02:14 PM
From Angela at SON:
Quote:

Corday says killing babies was one of the three things his parents taught him never to write but then he goes on about how great the ratings were for Zach's death and blah, blah, good story.
my ejami friends are not going to like that I'm saying this, but the difference between this story and the zach storyline are the actresses involved, KA totally knocked it out of the park, I don't see Ali doing the same thing unfortunately, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

aww safe's first cover even if its shared one & on such a sad story grace does not need to die
but those soap writers just have to do it
one day they will have the whole cover
:)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply