Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD cover 6/16 issue; Courtesy of SON
Topic Started: Jun 2 2009, 12:45 PM (6,611 Views)
Alligato
Member Avatar

Our only saving grace (no pun) for these emotional scenes is if AS draws on her having a baby and the thought of losing her. I think that can turn any mom into a true blubbering mess - actress or not.
I guess we will see if AS was into her scenes or not very soon.

I am even more interested in how EJ reacts to all of this. Does he go BSC and hit walls? Does he break down over a child he never knew or got to hold? Does he plot revenge on the woman who never gave him the chance to hold his baby? Does he go soft on her since she just lost her child?
Very hmmmm......
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

I bet Ali does a wonderful job. Since she started back in the 90's she has been one of my favs...love her!

ginababe
BANNED

I don't think I can conjure up any kind of feeling other than absolute hate towards Sami if she tells EJ after Grace dies, who the fuck does something like that? I know EJ has done a lot of shitty things, but Sami is really rivaling him in that department, w/ this particular situation. It's just heartless!

Mason

I'd be a lot more optimistic about this if the two actors in the center of this weren't Alison Sweeney and Galen Gering. I hope that, by some miracle, they prove me wrong - but I'm not holding my breath.
Edited by Mason, Jun 2 2009, 02:30 PM.

lastDays
Member Avatar

A natural reaction on EJ's part would be to want to strangle Sami,and I wouldn't blame him

six
Member Avatar

ginababe
Jun 2 2009, 02:28 PM
I don't think I can conjure up any kind of feeling other than absolute hate towards Sami if she tells EJ after Grace dies, who the fuck does something like that? I know EJ has done a lot of shitty things, but Sami is really rivaling him in that department, w/ this particular situation. It's just heartless!
Right there with you, Gina.

As others said, I think AS will be okay if she draws on her real life for the story. GG has played a character who lost a child before (Luis and Marty), but I don't remember how he did with the material.

Mason

six
Jun 2 2009, 02:34 PM
GG has played a character who lost a child before (Luis and Marty), but I don't remember how he did with the material.
To say that he didn't do very well would be giving him MUCH too much credit, LoL.

ginababe
BANNED

lastDays
Jun 2 2009, 02:32 PM
A natural reaction on EJ's part would be to want to strangle Sami,and I wouldn't blame him
I'm channeling Godsmack's "I fucking hate you!" for EJ's reaction LOL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkBU1aD88z8
Edited by ginababe, Jun 2 2009, 02:38 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

brimike
Jun 2 2009, 01:43 PM
Kenny
Jun 2 2009, 01:07 PM
You just love breaking those "rules," don't ya, Corday?
He was probably on one of his "vacations" when they wrote these episodes. LOL!
LMFAO!!!!

I'm actually shocked DOOL got the cover. lol

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

ginababe
Jun 2 2009, 02:16 PM
Kenny
Jun 2 2009, 02:14 PM
From Angela at SON:
Quote:

Corday says killing babies was one of the three things his parents taught him never to write but then he goes on about how great the ratings were for Zach's death and blah, blah, good story.
my ejami friends are not going to like that I'm saying this, but the difference between this story and the zach storyline are the actresses involved, KA totally knocked it out of the park, I don't see Ali doing the same thing unfortunately, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.
ITA! I just can't see Galen rocking these scenes at all. As for Ali, she might do an okay job, but it won't be a masterpiece like what we saw with Alfonso.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Alligato
Jun 2 2009, 02:23 PM
Our only saving grace (no pun) for these emotional scenes is if AS draws on her having a baby and the thought of losing her. I think that can turn any mom into a true blubbering mess - actress or not.
I guess we will see if AS was into her scenes or not very soon.

I am even more interested in how EJ reacts to all of this. Does he go BSC and hit walls? Does he break down over a child he never knew or got to hold? Does he plot revenge on the woman who never gave him the chance to hold his baby? Does he go soft on her since she just lost her child?
Very hmmmm......
I agree. I think the fact that Ali has very recently given birth and has a baby at home will be ample material to draw from. I expect she'll do a good job with this. I've seen very few people look attractive when they are crying - scrunchy face and all, I think it will be heartfelt.

But I am very curious to see how EJ will react to all of this? Will he be outraged? Devastated? Grief stricken? All of the above? And how will he show it? I personally think JS is at his best when he doesn't overplay the emotion - when we have the sense that EJ is tightly controlling what is a raging inferno underneath. I'm hoping that is what we'll see here.

Ellie

Kenny
From Angela at SON:
Quote:

Corday says killing babies was one of the three things his parents taught him never to write but then he goes on about how great the ratings were for Zach's death and blah, blah, good story.
Thanks Kenny. This whole 'rerun' approach is part of what's causing Days' downfall now. What Corday and the writers are doing is taking surface elements of previous stories and assuming (incorrectly imo) that they'll work again now. Kristian Alfonso is a far better actress than Ali Sweeney, Zack was an extremely likeable kid who'd been on the show (with the same actor playing him) for years, and the Zack story took place at Christmas/New Years when the ratings are higher anyway. Corday's assumption that his combining Ali Sweeney's "talents", a new baby and a dry ratings period now will produce the same results is ridiculous.

six
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 2 2009, 02:35 PM
six
GG has played a character who lost a child before (Luis and Marty), but I don't remember how he did with the material.
To say that he didn't do very well would be giving him MUCH too much credit, LoL.
Oh Lord. Sounds like we're in for a real treat. :x

Don't leave out the decision to throw GG into the mix, Ellie. How he managed to waltz onto Days and into their A story, I will never understand.
Edited by six, Jun 2 2009, 02:58 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Ellie
Jun 2 2009, 02:55 PM
Kenny
From Angela at SON:
Quote:

Thanks Kenny. This whole 'rerun' approach is part of what's causing Days' downfall now. What Corday and the writers are doing is taking surface elements of previous stories and assuming (incorrectly imo) that they'll work again now. Kristian Alfonso is a far better actress than Ali Sweeney, Zack was an extremely likeable kid who'd been on the show (with the same actor playing him) for years, and the Zack story took place at Christmas/New Years when the ratings are higher anyway. Corday's assumption that his combining Ali Sweeney's "talents", a new baby and a dry ratings period now will produce the same results is ridiculous.

Not to mention that the baby they are killing has no real ties to core characters on the show. Zach WAS truly Bo and Hope's child. Grace is not Sami and EJ's baby. As hard as it will be to watch, it does lessen the emotional impact somewhat because we'll know that eventually this suffering will be replaced with joy once they realize their baby is alive.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

galen will ROCK he does heartbreaking stuff so well

mirabella

Thanks for posting the cover. Glad to see Safe share a spot on the SOD cover.

Galen did an excellent job with his emotional scenes after the love of his life "died" (several times) and his son Marty was "killed" in front of him (also several times). You will be pleasantly surprised.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

six
Jun 2 2009, 02:56 PM
Mason
six

Don't leave out the decision to throw GG into the mix, Ellie. How he managed to waltz onto Days and into their A story, I will never understand.
I could not agree more..he is a terrible actor..I dread it :puke:

pspcindy
Member Avatar

six
Jun 2 2009, 02:56 PM
Mason
six

BIG mistake by Tomlin. The guy turns me off, along with the show when he's on. In fact, I used to cringe when Molly Burnett came on, but she seems like Meryl Streep compared to this guy, who has absolutely no range. I hope this emotional story does not include massive amounts of him. The fifteen year old Taylor, who has little experience will probably show him up.

While this story may not have the literary impact or the stellar performances included in the Zack storyline, I know it will be very wrenching to watch.

Frankly, Days has been a bore lately and this story will not be boring...one hopes.
Edited by pspcindy, Jun 2 2009, 03:48 PM.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for the cover. Rafe and Sami look devastated :'( I think Galen, Ali and Ari are going to rock these scenes. I hope James doesn't do his over the top yelling my volume control button has had quite a work out from them lately :ermm:

desertgal

jeanneshuis
Jun 2 2009, 03:25 PM
galen will ROCK he does heartbreaking stuff so well

I have no doubt at all, Ali and Galen will play these horrific scenes very well.

I hate this storyline; I wish they would have gone another direction.

By the way - I have to say I've never seen such negative posters in all my life. Most of your posts are all pretty hateful. What good does it do to bash the actors. They are only saying the words they're given.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply