Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD cover 6/16 issue; Courtesy of SON
Topic Started: Jun 2 2009, 12:45 PM (6,613 Views)
Ellie

Ponz
Jun 2 2009, 05:56 PM
That's a good point. The scenes definitely make a more profound impression when actors play "against type" so to speak.
Thanks - exactly.

Quote:

Too bad Deidre isn't around for Ali to draw inspiration from (Martha Madison would have been a great help too).
Agree - besides any other reason to have them there, they probably would have improved Ali's acting. As an example, I thought the '99 Marlena/Sami scenes before Sami's execution were very well done. Sami was very introspective and quiet there, and going along with what you're saying, I think Deidre's performance opposite Ali had a lot to do with that.

Quote:

She's not going to get much from the pitiful emoting of JS and Galen, lol.
LOL totally agree. I wonder if they'll even give her screen time with anyone like a Suzanne Rogers, who I think could help. I think unfortunately TPTB sometimes take the opposite approach and intentionally keep the actress away from better/more experienced actresses, so that the actress herself can have a chance to shine. It's such a mistake, especially in this case.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kiren_Dar

Alligato
Jun 2 2009, 01:50 PM
Sami is such a chicken shit. Couldn't tell him when he could bond with his kid or get to know her, but let him know while she is dying? Like that will do him any good. She really does hate EJ, doesn't she?

Can't believe that they have to continually kill babies on this show for a story. I'd rather a brain chip over this.

Thanks for sharing, Ellie.
Sami is the chicken shit? What about that slimeball Nicole, that not only didn't even give EJ a chance to grieve over his baby and just threw it away but she then went for EJami's! Yeah, nice observations. At least Sami told him! :eyeroll:

I wonder what name Sami's gonna change it to? She already showed her dislike for the name Sydney, but she adored her from the start.

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

Well at least it's not Joshua Morrow and Sharon Case with either Peter Bergman or Michelle Stafford spliced in there...No doubt that will be next weeks!

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

Sorry...one more question is Baby Grace really Sami's daughter or Nicole's daughter?

DaysFanJean
Member Avatar

Baby Grace is actually Mia's daughter with an as yet unknown father. Nicole switched babies when Mia's was born and took Sami's baby for her own.

I love Rafe. He is the most glamorous man on the show beside Philip. He is actually cuter than Philip, I think with his lopsided grin and sweetness. He is exactly what Sami needs now and with him being excited about adopting Grace, this will be a deep blow to him, too. I think Ali and Galen will do this job right and it really tears me up to think of them having to deal with this. I love Nicole and think she will also deliver a deep emotional part. I really don't care one iota for EJ.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Kiren_Dar
Jun 2 2009, 06:42 PM
Alligato
Sami is such a chicken shit. Couldn't tell him when he could bond with his kid or get to know her, but let him know while she is dying? Like that will do him any good. She really does hate EJ, doesn't she?

Can't believe that they have to continually kill babies on this show for a story. I'd rather a brain chip over this.

Sami is the chicken shit? What about that slimeball Nicole, that not only didn't even give EJ a chance to grieve over his baby and just threw it away but she then went for EJami's! Yeah, nice observations. At least Sami told him! :eyeroll:

I wonder what name Sami's gonna change it to? She already showed her dislike for the name Sydney, but she adored her from the start.
Um..not talking about Nicole here. Has nothing to do with her, and didn't even bring her up. Not everything is Sami vs. Nicole!!!

And Sami has been a chicken shit for while now. No sense in telling the man about his daughter when she is dying if she didn't even let him hold her when she was living. All I can hear is "Stay away from my daughter. My daughter is none of your business." etc. etc. etc.
Edited by Alligato, Jun 2 2009, 07:18 PM.

Livie

Kiren_Dar
Alligato

i did not see the original post, sometimes the ignore feature is not as fool proof as we think, but even though this is a message board and not real life, would anyone on here call someone who is losing a baby a chicken shit because they do not toe the recommended party line..would it not have been good as kiren says for nicole to let ej know about the fact his child with her died, maybe he might have wanted to put flowers on her grave as well..now he is going to be mourning a child that is not really his, but nicole robbed him of the chance to mourn a daughter he really lost. who is a chicken shit???

lysie
Member Avatar

laptop
Jun 2 2009, 07:27 PM
Kiren_Dar
Alligato

i did not see the original post, sometimes the ignore feature is not as fool proof as we think, but even though this is a message board and not real life, would anyone on here call someone who is losing a baby a chicken shit because they do not toe the recommended party line..would it not have been good as kiren says for nicole to let ej know about the fact his child with her died, maybe he might have wanted to put flowers on her grave as well..now he is going to be mourning a child that is not really his, but nicole robbed him of the chance to mourn a daughter he really lost. who is a chicken shit???
I think they all three are. Nicole being one doesn't make Sami less of one. EJ is one for completely different reasons.

Alligato
Member Avatar

laptop
Jun 2 2009, 07:27 PM
i did not see the original post, sometimes the ignore feature is not as fool proof as we think, but even though this is a message board and not real life, would anyone on here call someone who is losing a baby a chicken shit because they do not toe the recommended party line..
Because I fucking can, that's why!!!

Sami is a chicken shit for reasons listed in my original posts...and if you don't like me saying that, well, it doesn't matter since you have me on ignore! I love it! :)

six
Member Avatar

I think it'd be more of a betrayal for Sami to keep her secret as Grace dies. A dying baby doesn't need to be protected from Stefano. Yea, it'll be an enormous blow to EJ, but he has the right to know, as soon as possible.

daisy132

jeanneshuis
Jun 2 2009, 03:25 PM
galen will ROCK he does heartbreaking stuff so well

I don't know, I realize you love the actor, but he doesn't have much more than looks in my book. I watched him a bit on Passions, and he barely entertained me there too. Most of the actors on that show were very untalented, so he fit it in, but Days has better actors, IMO. I'm hoping you're right, because I will actually watch this week, but I'm affraid that he and Ali will again be mismatched professionaly. I'm not expecting a great deliverance from them on this very emotionally heavy subject.
Edited by daisy132, Jun 2 2009, 08:20 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

six
Jun 2 2009, 08:05 PM
I think it'd be more of a betrayal for Sami to keep her secret as Grace dies. A dying baby doesn't need to be protected from Stefano. Yea, it'll be an enormous blow to EJ, but he has the right to know, as soon as possible.
I agree. I'm glad she chooses to tell him - if for no other reason than it is his right to know. And we'll have to see how it plays out - but I'm glad she's not telling him only because she thinks he might be able to help her. That, to me, would have taken away the impact of her doing it because it's the right thing to do.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm with those questioning the capabilities of the actors, and I also agree that it would be more interesting to see Sweeney underplay this, do something different. Mostly though I just want to see the scenes already.

I also want to see what, if anything, they do after. This is kind of a dangerous storyline to play out given that Days isn't exactly known for following through with things (and frankly, Sami went nuts when her parents split; this should propel her actions through the end of the series, imho). Or complexity, and it's going to take some doing to write the end of this storyline when a baby's death is a plot point.

In a way, they've forced the reveal to be muted- nobody can be overly-happy. I don't know if that's the smartest move when dealing with a storyline that's gone on for what feels like a long time. And, again, I don't know that they can pull it off.

And I wonder if this is mostly to lead to EJ finding out about the switch (Stefano knows, right? and Nicole wouldn't let him suffer) but hiding the truth from Sami ('cause she did it to him). That makes it kind of...weird, 'cause it's not really about Grace dying.

Oh- and to whoever upthread said it- yeah, it is a bit much to have the baby's face on the magazine cover.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

six
Jun 2 2009, 08:05 PM
Exactly!

I have been so upset at Sami for what she is doing having Rafe adopt Grace thinking she is EJ's kid, but I have to give her major kudos for telling EJ now so at the very least he gets a chance to say goodbye to her and grieve along with Sami over this child that they have been led to believe is theirs.

I expect EJ to flip out quite a bit, but have to say it would be extra sweet if rather than going as BSC as we all are expecting he was actually sweet to Sami just to twist that knife in Nicole a little bit more because all of this disaster has come about because she was too much of a chicken shit to tell EJ that their baby died.

Mason

IMissAremid
Jun 2 2009, 09:16 PM
I have been so upset at Sami for what she is doing having Rafe adopt Grace thinking she is EJ's kid, but I have to give her major kudos for telling EJ now so at the very least he gets a chance to say goodbye to her and grieve along with Sami over this child that they have been led to believe is theirs.
If I were E.J. at this point, I think I'd rather not know anything at all, than find out I'd had a daughter only after it's too late and she's dead and I can't do anything about it.

Nicole Walker

^It is cruel. Sami should have told the truth a long time ago. At least Sydney is really is EJ's daughter and he's able to be a father to her courtesy of Nicole and her devious plot or else he would never know her. I think NIcole should tell the truth but she will not cause she does not want to lose Sydney but it might work in favor if she does tell EJ instead of somebody else telling him. I do wonder if EJ will keep the truth about Sydney from Sami. I'm still trying to figure out how Nicole betrays EJ to help Sami due to the guilt she feels. I love that this is eating away at Nicole cause she's wrong and she knows it. I just want the truth out.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jun 2 2009, 11:41 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Mason
Jun 2 2009, 09:21 PM
IMissAremid
If I were E.J. at this point, I think I'd rather not know anything at all, than find out I'd had a daughter only after it's too late and she's dead and I can't do anything about it.
And if I were EJ I'd want to know the truth, no matter what a painful truth it is.

But regardless of how we'd feel if we were EJ, since neither of us are, I think the writers are absolutely making the right decision having Sami tell EJ because if he didn't think his daughter died as well, the writers would be leaving a huge beat in this baby switch story unplayed with EJ not knowing Sami tried to adopt out a child to another man that she thought EJ fathered and all the raw devastation that should surely cause him as well as we'd be robbed of the drama that comes from EJ finding out he has a living daughter with Sami after all in Sydney.

Mason

Eh.
Edited by Mason, Jun 3 2009, 12:01 AM.

michelle
Member Avatar

Even though this is a reveal (Sami and EJ had a kid), I think the BIG reveal (babyswitch) is still, unfortunately, a long long long long long way off.

I so wish the two events could go together so we could get on with things already, but I know they won't. I just hope the BIG reveal happens before Christmas or at least before the show is cancelled.
Edited by michelle, Jun 3 2009, 07:05 AM.

michelle
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 2 2009, 11:53 PM
Mason
Jun 2 2009, 09:21 PM
IMissAremid
And if I were EJ I'd want to know the truth, no matter what a painful truth it is.

But regardless of how we'd feel if we were EJ, since neither of us are, I think the writers are absolutely making the right decision having Sami tell EJ because if he didn't think his daughter died as well, the writers would be leaving a huge beat in this baby switch story unplayed with EJ not knowing Sami tried to adopt out a child to another man that she thought EJ fathered and all the raw devastation that should surely cause him as well as we'd be robbed of the drama that comes from EJ finding out he has a living daughter with Sami after all in Sydney.
Abso-fucking-lutely.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply