Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD cover 6/16 issue; Courtesy of SON
Topic Started: Jun 2 2009, 12:45 PM (6,833 Views)
Sindacco
Member Avatar

It's pathetic to even compare this with Zack's death. Hmm let me see, Kristan Alfonso and Peter Reckell vs Alison Sweeney and Galen Gerring. Two of the best actors vs the two worst. Like I said, pathetic. If a person say AS and GG are better I will never ever take him or her seriously again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Livie

and i think it is pathetic to say kristian alfhonso is such a great actress as well. her inability to enunciate due to the accent she has from her massachussets formative years has always bothered me, much like james scott's blinking does others. peter reckell for his part is fine. Galen is terrible, I do admit, but this story is not about him, it is about EJ and Sami, and the two actors playing that part are terrific and will bring the house down.

daysknowitall
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Jun 2 2009, 03:46 PM
six
Jun 2 2009, 02:56 PM
Mason
Jun 2 2009, 02:35 PM

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Oh Lord. Sounds like we're in for a real treat. :x

Don't leave out the decision to throw GG into the mix, Ellie. How he managed to waltz onto Days and into their A story, I will never understand.
BIG mistake by Tomlin. The guy turns me off, along with the show when he's on. In fact, I used to cringe when Molly Burnett came on, but she seems like Meryl Streep compared to this guy, who has absolutely no range. I hope this emotional story does not include massive amounts of him. The fifteen year old Taylor, who has little experience will probably show him up.

While this story may not have the literary impact or the stellar performances included in the Zack storyline, I know it will be very wrenching to watch.

Frankly, Days has been a bore lately and this story will not be boring...one hopes.
Galen n Ali are gonna rock these scenes. Galen is a terrific actor. I know it's only the Ejami fans that usually say it...LOL But anyway I saw someone had mentioned not remembering the scene where Luis, Galen Gering, lost his son, Marty, so I thought I would post the link to those scenes. It's unmistakable here that this man can act! Just click the link below.

Luis's Son Dies (Galen Gering)
Edited by daysknowitall, Jun 3 2009, 08:59 AM.

ges
Member Avatar

six
Jun 2 2009, 08:05 PM
I think it'd be more of a betrayal for Sami to keep her secret as Grace dies. A dying baby doesn't need to be protected from Stefano. Yea, it'll be an enormous blow to EJ, but he has the right to know, as soon as possible.
I have to agree with you. At first it seemed absurd that Sammi wanted to protect her baby from E.J. because Johnny was living there. But then her instincts were right when E.J. became a callous villian and Tony was murdered. Also, Sammi had been shot at had a contract put out on her by Stephano's men. E.J. knows that Stephano killed the Mayor so that Abe could have the job, thinking that would make Lexie happy. Therefore he knows that it was Stephano's men that were trying to kill Sammi. I really don't know why that fact has been glossed over. He has also tried to kill Philip, and yesterday the final proof that he is a heartless criminal is when he said he didn't care at all what happened to Stephanie, only finding Owen before the police.
So, Sammi was right to keep the baby's identity a secret. Who wants to share joint custody with a guy like that? It's bad enough that she has to fo it with Johnnie.

If Victor wanted to pay back E.J. , he could kidnap one of his children, see how he likes it. Of course, he wouldn't kidnap Nicole because nobody would give a crap. :eyeroll:

Dr. Chip

laptop
Jun 3 2009, 08:50 AM
and i think it is pathetic to say kristian alfhonso is such a great actress as well. her inability to enunciate due to the accent she has from her massachussets formative years has always bothered me
I think you're being a little too critical of Kristian, and I love her as an actress and as Hope.

However, I thought I was the only one who heard this! It's usually when she says a word like "going" that sounds more like "goring." LOL

:)

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

tiffany8053
Jun 3 2009, 08:58 AM
pspcindy
six

BIG mistake by Tomlin. The guy turns me off, along with the show when he's on. In fact, I used to cringe when Molly Burnett came on, but she seems like Meryl Streep compared to this guy, who has absolutely no range. I hope this emotional story does not include massive amounts of him. The fifteen year old Taylor, who has little experience will probably show him up.

While this story may not have the literary impact or the stellar performances included in the Zack storyline, I know it will be very wrenching to watch.

Frankly, Days has been a bore lately and this story will not be boring...one hopes.
Galen n Ali are gonna rock these scenes. Galen is a terrific actor. I know it's only the Ejami fans that usually say it...LOL But anyway I saw someone had mentioned not remembering the scene where Luis, Galen Gering, lost his son, Marty, so I thought I would post the link to those scenes. It's unmistakable here that this man can act! Just click the link below.

thanks for posting showing how awesome galen is
with heartbreaking scenes galen was not even a real life dad at the time now he has 2 sons

i know he will show rafe with as much grief & heartbreak

here is galen as luis finding sheridan shot
these 2 had not even said they loved each other
at the time luis grief was real galen knocked out of the park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvqtsmcs7M8&feature=channel_page

part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47MKoX2vEeo&feature=channel_page

luis finds sher in the coffin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNBD1S8IEd8&feature=channel_page

lysie
Member Avatar

ges
Jun 3 2009, 09:11 AM
I have to agree with you. At first it seemed absurd that Sammi wanted to protect her baby from E.J. because Johnny was living there. But then her instincts were right when E.J. became a callous villian and Tony was murdered. Also, Sammi had been shot at had a contract put out on her by Stephano's men. E.J. knows that Stephano killed the Mayor so that Abe could have the job, thinking that would make Lexie happy. Therefore he knows that it was Stephano's men that were trying to kill Sammi. I really don't know why that fact has been glossed over. He has also tried to kill Philip, and yesterday the final proof that he is a heartless criminal is when he said he didn't care at all what happened to Stephanie, only finding Owen before the police.
So, Sammi was right to keep the baby's identity a secret. Who wants to share joint custody with a guy like that? It's bad enough that she has to fo it with Johnnie.

If Victor wanted to pay back E.J. , he could kidnap one of his children, see how he likes it. Of course, he wouldn't kidnap Nicole because nobody would give a crap. :eyeroll:
Her instincts weren't about EJ, though. Her instincts were strictly about Stefano. She was keeping the baby from EJ and everyone else, so that Stefano wouldn't find out. It turns out that EJ is still such scum that IMO it wasn't such a bad thing, but she just kind of lucked out there. When EJ finds out she can easily say "I told you so."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

desertgal

Those are awesome clips of Galen. You are right - he is a good actor. I know he's gonna do the Grace's death scenes probably even better now that he has two sons of his own this time.

Mason
Member Avatar

tiffany8053

Galen was terrible there, and I think the only reason his crappy acting didn't stick out more on PASSIONS was because he was surrounded by tons of other atrocious actors.

And before you or anyone else says it, NO, I'm not an EJami fan.

peaches179

Mason
Jun 3 2009, 10:37 AM
tiffany8053

Galen was terrible there, and I think the only reason his crappy acting didn't stick out more on PASSIONS was because he was surrounded by tons of other atrocious actors.

And before you or anyone else says it, NO, I'm not an EJami fan.

:roflol: I agree with ALL of this post!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Long before I was an EJami fan, I had seen GG on Passions. My opinion of his "skill" has not changed. Luis/Rafe, it makes no different who the character is, the acting is the same-wooden and uninspiring. It matters not one bit to me who this actor is paired with on Days, as to his level of performance. I was sad when the announcement was made that he had been hired. That has not changed either. His job is to make me feel what the character feels when I watch. I just feel the need to ff.

And btw, Nicole is a character I cannot stand right now, but AZ does know how to act. She was entertaining on her last run on Days but has improved and I would assume it is because she took acting classes on her time away from the show. Regardless of how I see the character, the actress can move me.

six
Member Avatar

tiffany8053
pspcindy
six

If you think most of the people who are down on Galen's acting are ejamis, I can tell you haven't been here very long. :lol: If you'll notice, most of the people who aren't impressed with Galen aren't Alison Sweeney fans either.

Thanks for that link, though. I have to agree with Mason assessment, and I did like Luis, and Passions for awhile, but the show was never known for knocking scenes out of the ballpark.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

pspcindy
Jun 3 2009, 11:05 AM
Long before I was an EJami fan, I had seen GG on Passions. My opinion of his "skill" has not changed. Luis/Rafe, it makes no different who the character is, the acting is the same-wooden and uninspiring. It matters not one bit to me who this actor is paired with on Days, as to his level of performance. I was sad when the announcement was made that he had been hired. That has not changed either. His job is to make me feel what the character feels when I watch. I just feel the need to ff.

And btw, Nicole is a character I cannot stand right now, but AZ does know how to act. She was entertaining on her last run on Days but has improved and I would assume it is because she took acting classes on her time away from the show. Regardless of how I see the character, the actress can move me.

I agree...I may hate Nicole,,but Ari acts her ass off...GG could not act his way out of a paper bag...and I saw him on Passions too..he was lame there too

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

laptop
Jun 2 2009, 05:43 PM
funny how ali is the one who has won emmy award, for her dramatic acting..and not kristian.

Ali has never won an Emmy Award and never been nominated

She did win an online voted Special Fan Award at the Emmy's in 2002 for America's Favorite Villain

She has won 5 SOD awards

Supporting Actress 2005
Favorite New Couple 2005
Younger Lead Actress 2001
Villianess 1996, 1998, 1999

#1days
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 2 2009, 02:50 PM
I agree. I think the fact that Ali has very recently given birth and has a baby at home will be ample material to draw from. I expect she'll do a good job with this. I've seen very few people look attractive when they are crying - scrunchy face and all, I think it will be heartfelt.

But I am very curious to see how EJ will react to all of this? Will he be outraged? Devastated? Grief stricken? All of the above? And how will he show it? I personally think JS is at his best when he doesn't overplay the emotion - when we have the sense that EJ is tightly controlling what is a raging inferno underneath. I'm hoping that is what we'll see here.
Great post! Don't think I've ever met anyone with a pretty cry face.

I also totally agree with you about EJ. I think his emotions will be a combination of all those things but I'm sure he'll stay reserved with his feelings... at least for a little while.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

six
Jun 2 2009, 08:05 PM
I think it'd be more of a betrayal for Sami to keep her secret as Grace dies. A dying baby doesn't need to be protected from Stefano.
I don't know. It's hard to die with any dignity in Salem knowing that Stefano might stick your body in a freezer or your brain on a chip. Even if they aren't writing Stefano quite so cartoonish at the moment, that would be on my mind if I were Sami.

Mason
Member Avatar

#1days
Jun 3 2009, 05:56 PM
Don't think I've ever met anyone with a pretty cry face.
Yeah, but most of them actually ARE crying, LoL.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

#1days
Jun 3 2009, 05:56 PM
SocRMum1
Jun 2 2009, 02:50 PM
I agree. I think the fact that Ali has very recently given birth and has a baby at home will be ample material to draw from. I expect she'll do a good job with this. I've seen very few people look attractive when they are crying - scrunchy face and all, I think it will be heartfelt.

But I am very curious to see how EJ will react to all of this? Will he be outraged? Devastated? Grief stricken? All of the above? And how will he show it? I personally think JS is at his best when he doesn't overplay the emotion - when we have the sense that EJ is tightly controlling what is a raging inferno underneath. I'm hoping that is what we'll see here.
Great post! Don't think I've ever met anyone with a pretty cry face.

I also totally agree with you about EJ. I think his emotions will be a combination of all those things but I'm sure he'll stay reserved with his feelings... at least for a little while.
RE: ugly cry face

There is a way to cry pretty which is what models know how to do. With the exception of the miscarriage scene, Nicole does cry pretty for the most part and as a professional model she knows how to hold herself most of the time to allow the camera to get the most flattering angles of her. Whereas Ali, I doubt, has had any modeling training and as a result sometimes the camera catches her in certain angles that make her look fat when she's not. Same thing with Molly B., she's a petite girl but in some fan event pics she looks heavy. Personally, I don't care if the cry is ugly or not as long as I too feel what the character is going thru, then it's all good.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I have alot of catching up to do so I will comment on the story in the article thread but I just want to say SOD really outdone themselves with this cover. Was it really necessary to post the word "Dies" in red like that and that large? Putting the baby's face on there is awful too.

Otherwise, I like the cover. I figured we would get one for this story.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

FROM SOD

Hitting Home

Sweeney and Gering are the parents of small children and both actors have had close calls with them.

Gering’s occurred shortly after the birth of son Jensen, 11 months. “At about 2:30 in the morning, the second night he was in the hospital, we thought everything was great.” recalls Gering. “But he had a fever and they came in and they said, “We’re going to take him to the intensive care unit and we might have to do a spinal tap.” It was out of nowhere. When I found out that this story was about meningitis, I thought, “Whoa, okay, I’ve sort of been there. I understand that.”

Sweeney adds: “I had a minor incident with Ben (4) where he had to go to the emergency room the weekend we were filming these scenes”, she reveals. “He had fallen and scraped his head and I remember thinking, “He’s going to be fine.” I totally believed it. He turned out to be okay, but what if he hadn’t? I realized it’s one of those moments as a parent that you tell yourself that, but that doesn’t mean its true.”

man how scary for both of them
or any parent

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply