Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD cover 6/16 issue; Courtesy of SON
Topic Started: Jun 2 2009, 12:45 PM (6,841 Views)
desertgal

Thanks for posting jeanneshuis. These must have been really difficult for them to film. I'm sure they both went home and give their kids the biggest hugs.

We've only begun these heart-breaking scenes and already Ali and Galen have been amazing!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...so they both have even more personal experience to draw from. I mean, the fact that Ali had to take Ben to the hospital around the time they were shooting this pretty much puts her in a position where she can draw from what is going on for her performance. She's a mother so she just has to use that and I think she is. Galen can draw from what happened with his son. Galen can do torn up well but drawing on personal experience can really bring a realness and more emotion to the performance.

I really think both Galen and Ali will surprise some people as we go along here.

oldschoolfan

I just do not like GG, I think he sucks as an actor. And I am not an Ejami fan.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

So far Ali has done a great job. Galen has never impressed me with his "acting" skills, so my expectations for him are ankle low.

daisy132

Mason
Jun 3 2009, 10:37 AM
tiffany8053
Jun 3 2009, 08:58 AM
Galen n Ali are gonna rock these scenes. Galen is a terrific actor. I know it's only the Ejami fans that usually say it...LOL But anyway I saw someone had mentioned not remembering the scene where Luis, Galen Gering, lost his son, Marty, so I thought I would post the link to those scenes. It's unmistakable here that this man can act! Just click the link below.

Luis's Son Dies (Galen Gering)
Galen was terrible there, and I think the only reason his crappy acting didn't stick out more on PASSIONS was because he was surrounded by tons of other atrocious actors.

And before you or anyone else says it, NO, I'm not an EJami fan.
I agree with your post! I watched all three clips, and they further enforced what I already knew - Galen is good looking, but a better model than actor. I see that he had a personal experience to draw from for the Days' Grace scenes, but if he did, it didn't really show.

I am an Ejami fan, but for goodness sake, if they wanted to win over the Ejami fans with Safe, Galen was a very poor choice. I can see winning over the Passions fans, but Ejami fans are used to very high standards - AS and JS - can't beat those two together. If Lumi couldn't beat them (and this is coming from a former Lumi fan), Safe certainly can't.
Edited by daisy132, Jun 6 2009, 04:18 PM.

Nicole Walker

Safe has won over some Ejami fans. Believe it or not there are people that like Safe and they aren't just Passions fans or GG fans as some try to claim and the fanbase is growing. If they keep good writing for them I expect it to get bigger. They are being noticed and the actors definetly know that they do have fans rooting for these characters together. I didn't expect Safe to even take off but they did. I guess you never know what's gonna happen.

As far as Grace's storyline goes, I think AS is doing a good job by not going over the top but I really don't get emotional with her. I have to see her performance after Grace dies then maybe I can actually cry for Sami.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jun 6 2009, 10:45 PM.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Jun 6 2009, 10:44 PM
Safe has won over some Ejami fans. Believe it or not there are people that like Safe and they aren't just Passions fans or GG fans as some try to claim and the fanbase is growing. If they keep good writing for them I expect it to get bigger. They are being noticed and the actors definetly know that they do have fans rooting for these characters together. I didn't expect Safe to even take off but they did. I guess you never know what's gonna happen.

As far as Grace's storyline goes, I think AS is doing a good job by not going over the top but I really don't get emotional with her. I have to see her performance after Grace dies then maybe I can actually cry for Sami.
ita i think many long time days fans
are loving SAFE i have met some new friends
that never watched passions but now adore
galen and wished they had known of him all this time
judging from the sod fav couple poll there are more out there GO SAFE

PASSIONS will be of the air for yrs but some will still
have this HATRED /ANGER towards any of the actors
as if they do not have the right to work again
its clear the TPTB sure do not feel this way ;)

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

jeanneshuis
Jun 7 2009, 09:41 AM

And thats just sad,PASSIONS was the way it was,NOT because of the actors,but because of who was writing it,when your an actor you need a job,believe it or not being an actor isn't easy and sometimes when money is needed to support your family you take any job you get,it pisses me off when people pretty much say if you were on PASSIONS you can't act and have some preconceived notions about them just because there were on a soap they didn't like,as I said PASSIONS was the way it was because of the writing,DOOL has had horrid writing since Higley came on board,but the actors have done there best to be good even through horrid material.

Edited by Snowing Fan, Jun 7 2009, 10:21 AM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Um, I was a fan of PASSIONS, but 80% of the cast on that show (at least) couldn't act for shit. It's just a fact.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Jun 7 2009, 10:21 AM
jeanneshuis
Jun 7 2009, 09:41 AM

And thats just sad,PASSIONS was the way it was,NOT because of the actors,but because of who was writing it,when your an actor you need a job,believe it or not being an actor isn't easy and sometimes when money is needed to support your family you take any job you get,it pisses me off when people pretty much say if you were on PASSIONS you can't act and have some preconceived notions about them just because there were on a soap they didn't like,as I said PASSIONS was the way it was because of the writing,DOOL has had horrid writing since Higley came on board,but the actors have done there best to be good even through horrid material.

well said btw love your jp &farah banner
they are so adorable on and off screen

love rex and gigi

its funny i enjoy her way more on oltl than i did on
days

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 7 2009, 10:44 AM
Um, I was a fan of PASSIONS, but 80% of the cast on that show (at least) couldn't act for shit. It's just a fact.
No it's your opinion,there were some on their I didn't like there acting,I didn't like the second Paloma or the third Miguel or Liza Huber,but that just my opinion.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jun 7 2009, 10:57 AM.

desertgal

I was a big fan of Passions and I will forever miss it's quirky storylines. You never knew what they'd come up with next and every time I thought they had gone about as far over the edge as they could they went further. I guess that's what kept me so entertained along with most of the actors. In order for them to do some of the horrendous scenes they had; they had to have a big sense of humor and a great ability to act.

As for Days I am really enjoying the pairing of Ali and Galen; I think it's refreshing and sweet. As I have said before everyone has their favorites and that is great. I just don't see the need to bash the actors. They are there doing a job. I think we all take way more seriously than they do.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

desertgal
Jun 7 2009, 11:33 AM

As I have said before everyone has their favorites and that is great. I just don't see the need to bash the actors. They are there doing a job. I think we all take way more seriously than they do.

Thats certainly true.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jun 7 2009, 11:49 AM.

Mason
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Jun 7 2009, 10:56 AM
Mason
No it's your opinion,there were some on their I didn't like there acting,I didn't like the second Paloma or the third Miguel or Liza Huber,but that just my opinion.
Whatever. My point was that even fans of that show recognize that the majority of the cast consisted of crappy actors. You don't have to hate PASSIONS to know that.
Edited by Mason, Jun 7 2009, 01:03 PM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 7 2009, 12:59 PM
BalscoFan5
Jun 7 2009, 10:56 AM
Mason
Whatever. My point was that even fans of that show recognize that the majority of the cast consisted of crappy actors. You don't have to hate PASSIONS to know that.
I loved Passions because it was unique and crazy. I even grew to love all the recasts. I'm not going to say the actors were bad actors BUT I agree with Mason, a lot of the times they gave mediocre performances and that was ok because that was Passions. Luis wasn't my favorite character but I did enjoy Shuis and while I'm not a Safe fan, I don't think Galen's doing a horrible job. He's definitely not a strong actor but he's ok for the soap genre. Rafe is just Luis in Salem.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply