Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Army Wives: Casting News; Gilmore Girls Alum Guest Stars
Topic Started: Jun 2 2009, 04:54 PM (536 Views)
Nubia
Member Avatar
The Queen

Exclusive: Army Wives Enlists Gilmore Gal and Grammy Winner
Jun 2, 2009 02:42 PM ET by Matt Mitovich

Lifetime's Army Wives is recruiting some nifty guest-stars for its third season, which premieres Sunday, June 7.

For starters, Grammy-winning recording artist Shelby Lynne will appear in an August episode, playing a country music singer whom Roxy adored while growing up, but now is "down and out," Brigid Brannagh (Pamela) tells TVGuide.com. "Roxy ends up befriending her and then she sings a little ditty at the Hump Bar, which is pretty cool."

Appearing in the episode immediately following Lynne's is Gilmore Girls alum/my onetime vodcast costar Kelly Bishop. She'll be playing the wife of a late, great state senator, in town to attend a building-naming ceremony. Charged with entertaining the special guest, Claudia Joy and Denise come to realize the not-so-weeping widow's secret that she's a cougar!

Oh, what would Lorelai say.

Army Wives was renewed for a fourth season in February. Look for more Season 3 scoop in Gina DiNunno's Q&A with Sally Pressman, coming later this week.

via: TV Guide.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

So glad I read this. I didn't realize this was coming back in June

Now I need to find last season's finale.
Edited by Nixsoaps, Jun 5 2009, 06:36 PM.

Wes Fan

Nixsoaps
Jun 5 2009, 06:36 PM
So glad I read this. I didn't realize this was coming back in June

Now I need to find last season's finale.
It just reaired last week. I missed it because the DVR was set for "new" eps only. Try Hulu or lifetime.com They both have full eps.

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

Love Army Wives, definitely one of the most underrated shows on TV, it along with the women on the show deserve well earned Emmy nominations.

Nixsoaps
Member Avatar

Wes Fan
Jun 5 2009, 07:36 PM
It just reaired last week. I missed it because the DVR was set for "new" eps only. Try Hulu or lifetime.com They both have full eps.
Found it! Thank you :)

hawk_osu~ I agree.

Wes Fan

Nixsoaps
Jun 5 2009, 08:24 PM
Wes Fan
Jun 5 2009, 07:36 PM
Found it! Thank you :)

hawk_osu~ I agree.
You're welcome. I'll be interested in if Denise's firing is because she cheated on her husband (something that would be against an army code of honor) and not just that she had sex with that patient. Both would be ethics violations, but which will it be that she's fired for.

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

I got the Second Season on DVD today...and cannot wait, such a great episode...

"Where ever I am no that I am loving you." I love that line

jcar03
Member Avatar

EMILY GILMORE!!!! I'm super exicted!

RogerNewcomb
Member Avatar

I interviewed Terry Serpico who plays Frank Sherwood, Denise's husband. Such a nice guy. His Dad in real lifei is named Frank and was in the Army for 26 years and he says he's basically playing his Dad on TV now. :)
http://www.welovesoaps.net/2009/07/interview-army-wives-star-terry-serpico.html

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply