Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Insider blog: Fathers day with Eric Martsolf
Topic Started: Jun 2 2009, 07:07 PM (820 Views)
Ellie

http://blog.nbc.com/days_production/2009/06/fathers_day_with_eric_martsolf_1.php

Thanks so much for all of your wonderful feedback from my last blog entry. I looked at your comments and decided who better than Eric Martsolf to kick off Father's Day right by answering a few of my questions. Hope you enjoy!

Any big Father's Day plans?
Nothing too specific, but my hope is to simply spend the entire day engaging with my boys in whatever it is they happen to enjoy doing in that particular moment. Their interests change at the drop of a hat lately! One day it's trains, the next it's transformers, then it's soccer! They're three, so I'm sure girls are right around the corner.

What is the best fatherhood advice you have received and who gave it to you?
"Don't give in to short-term solutions for long-term issues." In other words, don't always give in to their immediate wants/desires -- stand your ground as a parent and keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnel. Anyone with kids will understand what the heck I'm yacking about!

Has it been easier or harder than you imagined, raising twin boys?
Surprisingly easier. I'm sure my overworked wife would say differently since she has them the majority of the time, but the beautiful thing about twins is that they have one another to entertain themselves -- literal built-in playmates! It allows mom and dad that occasional window of happy hour time.

How has being a father changed your perspective on life?
Crazy changes. I pray now before my plane takes off. I tend to get overly sensitive during news stories and movies that involve harm to children. I have a heightened respect for parents in general, and a heightened intolerance for traffic that keeps me from kissing my boys goodnight.

Do you have any advice to other fathers out there who have twins?
Love them as individuals, not as twins. My boys may have come from the same place at the same time, but there is nothing similar about them. They have different needs and wants, and should be tended to accordingly. But mostly, just enjoy the gift you've been given. You're a lucky guy.

Posted Image

Eric was kind enough to share a family photo with his fans. He looks like such a fun family man, doesn't he? And I feel old because I remember when those boys were born! Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree where looks and charm are concerned.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

What a great family! looks like Eric is having the time of his life :cheers: I would like to see a Father's Day feature with Shawn Christian,also.They have not featured Shawn at all since he joined the show.Its about time

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

AWWWW..what a softie he is!!! And that pic is soooo cute!!!
Thanks for posting!!!
Liz

mirabella

Eric is such a great guy and the twins are just so cute!

Alligato
Member Avatar

I think I just fell in love with this guy too! Great body AND such a sweet daddy! Sounds like a really terrific kind of guy...very down to earth!

Thanks for sharing!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

What a gorgeous family!

Thanks for posting, Ellie. :)

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Eric Martsolf is quite charming. He seems to be funny as well.

That was a nice piece and the photo of his family is beautiful. What an attractive group they are!

thanks Ellie.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Gosh Chase and Mason have gotten so big,there so adorable,just like their daddy.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Love Eric. The twins have gotten so big.

I like these little features. Hope they continue.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply