Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Baby Grace dies; June 16th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jun 3 2009, 11:11 AM (10,656 Views)
ilovemydays

Thanks for posting a recap of the article Ellie.

Sami: I know you never got to rock her to sleep, feed her, bathe her, tell her a story...you weren't there when she died...Rafe did all of that, but now that she's dead and you can't turn her into a DiMera I'll share her with you.

Wow! Nothing says love like telling a guy that he had a child he didn't know about and she had already died.

SWEET! *sarcasm*

Edited by ilovemydays, Jun 3 2009, 12:25 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie for the article.

"In the last six months he's been playing gangster games with his father, really demonstrating in every way that he's not the kind of person who should be raising a child." Wow first time I have agreed with Ej in ages.

I am glad they have Caroline, Rafe and Roman there for Sami. These scenes do sound very intense, and Rafe taking the baby to the funeral home heartbreaking.

peaches179

lysie
Jun 3 2009, 12:19 PM
Ellie
Jun 3 2009, 11:55 AM
True, that probably is what he meant, though I'd still feel the same way and completely disagree with him. And didn't he say the exact same thing once about Ari? This is sounding VERY familiar. I'm going to try to find the quote.

I know what quote you're talking about. It has to exist if we both remember it, lol.

Yep, I remember it too. ;)

Oh, thanks for posting, Ellie! :)

Murphy

I never supported that Ejami was twisted but after this I do. That is beyond sick. It really is.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

samixxx
Jun 3 2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks Ellie for the article.

"In the last six months he's been playing gangster games with his father, really demonstrating in every way that he's not the kind of person who should be raising a child." Wow first time I have agreed with Ej in ages.

I am glad they have Caroline, Rafe and Roman there for Sami. These scenes do sound very intense, and Rafe taking the baby to the funeral home heartbreaking.
ITA, I had such a feeling of relief when James admitted that EJ hasn't been the best example of a parent lately and that he will realize why Sami didn't tell him. Now once all this is dealt with it's on to dealing with that pesky Nicole. If I love Stefano this week for what he's going to do to her, I can't imagine the love I'll feel for EJ once he learns the truth. I am so going to love Nicole doing this for the next little while. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Better stock up on some popcorn! :popcorn:

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

jam6242
Jun 3 2009, 12:24 PM
I don't get the comments from Corday about the taboo subjects. These things have been addressed on Days for years. I started watching in the late 1960s when I was a child and remember little Dickie Martin, a toddler, being accidentally killed by his father, David, when he was pushing him on a swing. Dickie's mother Susan lost her mind & shot David to death. Mickey got Susan off by reason of insanity. That's how Mickey & Laura first got involved, she was Susan's psychiatrist.

I also seem to remember in the 1970s that there were flasbacks of Trish Clayton being abused by her father or step-father when she was young.
I think, as has been discussed upthread some, it has more to do with Corday's apparent impression that those stories are taboo because they are ratings-killers. Whether that's true, I don't know. From his point of view if he tells a really good story about a disturbing subject and only a few people watch it, it doesn't matter how high the quality of the story is. In other words, they're (arguably) "taboo" not because we as a society don't face those problems or like to pretend we don't, but because they don't interest/attract as many viewers as other types of stories do. I admit when I'm watching movies, for example, I tend to skip over heavy dramas, no matter how critically acclaimed, unless I'm really, really in the mood for something sad. Days is mostly mindless entertainment for me, and while I won't turn off a depressing story if it's well-done (though I might FF if it's characters I don't like), I can see where other people would.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Thanks for the explanation Paxton. I just skimmed the story. I should have paid more attention. That's what happens when work interferes with your other interests!

I agree, I would not turn the show off just because the story is too heavy or sad. I only usually do that if I'm not interested in anything that's going on. Though it will be sad, I am interested in how this turns out, though the people I feel most sorry for are Grace & Mia (when she learns her baby has died).

MericP
Member Avatar

ginababe
Jun 3 2009, 12:20 PM
lysie
Jun 3 2009, 12:19 PM
Ellie
Jun 3 2009, 11:55 AM
True, that probably is what he meant, though I'd still feel the same way and completely disagree with him. And didn't he say the exact same thing once about Ari? This is sounding VERY familiar. I'm going to try to find the quote.

I know what quote you're talking about. It has to exist if we both remember it, lol.
he said he thought Ari was one of the best actresses on the show, if not the best, similar yes, the same no.
I thought so.

I'm having a hard time believing James Scott anyway, since that Valentine's day article when he laid it on real thick.

I just pretty much skip over his stuff now.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Murphy
Jun 3 2009, 12:02 PM
Sami deserves to lose all her kids because of the choices she made. Will moves out. She lied to his face too many times. I dont blame him. EJ will probably not let her see Johnny. Ali might be the only one allowed near her. Lucas needs to think twice about that. Sami's life is a trainwreck. She will never change and will always make bad choices.
Which puts her in excellent company in Salem. Look at EJ's choices. Or Rafe. Or Lucas, for that matter...

Sami doesn't deserve to lose her children. But she does need to do some serious soul searching and own up to the bad choices she's made regarding the handling of her last pregnancy. Just as EJ needs to give some thought to the way he's been living his life for the past six months or so. Even if they chose not to be a 'couple' neither one of them have been making sound decisions as parents. It sounds to me like the show is finally going to have them deal with that.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

ginababe
Jun 3 2009, 12:22 PM
Does anyone else get the feeling they are setting up Nicole/Rafe? Rafe finds out her secret, agrees not to tell if she keeps EJ occupied and away from Sami.
I didn't get that vibe so much as maybe Rafe will put his super sleuth ex-FBI skills to use and maybe be the one to uncover the baby switch (although I'd MUCH rather it be Will and Mia finding out together) and he can be Sami's hero to find out her baby is still alive and then will attempt to adopt Sydney and get her away from EJ, which I don't see Sami being OK with now that she's seen what a monumental bad idea that idea was when she tried it with Grace.

But if I'm wrong and Rafe does find out and then does NOT tell Sami about an EJami kid being alive that would make the Rafe character interesting to me for the first time ever so I'd be all for it.

Murphy

I cant see superhero Rafe being tainted like that. he is one of tomlins pets.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Hearing about the day ahead episode, it does my heart good to see the man himself Stefano finally giving Nicole a little taste of what she deserves. My god this has felt like the longest time leading to a comeuppance ever!!!

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Wow, this actually sounds really good. I remember James commenting on Ari's acting during the miscarriage and he was right about that, so I have some hope that Ali will play this well.

Thanks, Ellie!

FanODays

How sad DJ dies..........oops, I mean Grace.

Sarcasm aside, this sounds heartbreaking if I ignore the crap that came out of Corday's mouth.

lysie
Member Avatar

MericP
Jun 3 2009, 12:46 PM
I thought so.

I'm having a hard time believing James Scott anyway, since that Valentine's day article when he laid it on real thick.

I just pretty much skip over his stuff now.

I don't believe much of what he says either, and I haven't been given a reason to yet.

ginababe
BANNED

where is lexie? She should be involved, she knows what it's like to lose a child, EJ needs his big sister now more than ever!

Ellie

Oh by the way - I can't believe Corday tossed around the "Dena Higley understands women" thing again. Just because Dena Higley is female does not mean she writes women on the show well. In fact, I think she writes them terribly. I'm not sure why Corday has the need to continually mention that Dena is female. Maybe to compare her to MAB, whose writing is the best there is on soaps now?

carlypvee

Thanks for posting, Ellie. Very good article!

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Ellie
Jun 3 2009, 01:20 PM
Oh by the way - I can't believe Corday tossed around the "Dena Higley understands women" thing again. Just because Dena Higley is female does not mean she writes women on the show well. In fact, I think she writes them terribly. I'm not sure why Corday has the need to continually mention that Dena is female. Maybe to compare her to MAB, whose writing is the best there is on soaps now?
ITA, the defense of Higley is getting old. The woman wouldn't know romance if it hit her in the head, and the way she writes for most of the female characters is deplorable.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 3 2009, 01:20 PM
Great point Ellie,,she writes the women horridly..she writes the men dumb as a box a rocks...in fact she completely sucks as a writer in my opinion.Comparing her to other women,certainly will not help her cause!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply