Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Baby Grace dies; June 16th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jun 3 2009, 11:11 AM (10,613 Views)
IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

suzipawhuska
Jun 3 2009, 11:10 PM
Murphy
Jun 3 2009, 11:22 AM
That selfish bitch! I knew it. She doesnt even tell him because he has a right to know. Nope its all about Sami. Once again. She is just sick and the most selfish person on this earth. She wants someone to hate her. How anyone can want Ejami after this I dont know? That is unforgivable.
Rape is unforgiveable, also. EJami was doomed from the start.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Wow..that article is so full of shit! Sell it DAYS...SELL IT!!LOL

First the shit about Corday and his stupid ass rules of daytime...why bring it up if you just break'em. I personally think there shouldnt be rules anyways.

So Sami waits until AFTER Grace dies to tell EJ....I love how the Sami defenders were so sure that she was going to tell him BEFORE Grace's death. Telling us "bad" Nicole fans that Sami is so much better then "evil" Nicole because she going to let him grieve for his kid?

So if EJ doesnt go to Sami's apartment, then he might never know about Grace...nice Sami. And the ONLY reason she tells him, is because SHE WANTS EJ TO HATE HER?! Aw, Sami....missed ya!LOL

Someone else mentioned this..but this is a soap...ANYONE can be redeemed....if a rapist, who locks people in a freezer and gets organs by coercion can be called a great dad, then Nicole can be redeemed!

Anyways, this SL will make for great drama...and can't wait for the next part of the story!
Liz

Nicole Walker

This sounds like an emotional story on everybody involved in this!

"James Scott says that Ali Sweeney's acting "is not only the best I've ever seen her do, I think it's the best acting I've ever seen on the show."

Hey take Ali Sweeney's name out of this and insert Ari's name and you have the exact same quote from his article with Ari. Dude, you gotta come up with a better line than repeating the exact same thing you said about another actress. That's hilarious!!

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Nicole Dimera
Jun 3 2009, 11:55 PM
This sounds like an emotional story on everybody involved in this!

"James Scott says that Ali Sweeney's acting "is not only the best I've ever seen her do, I think it's the best acting I've ever seen on the show."

Hey take Ali Sweeney's name out of this and insert Ari's name and you have the exact same quote from his article with Ari. Dude, you gotta come up with a better line than repeating the exact same thing you said about another actress. That's hilarious!!
LOL . . . it looks like you're right. Here's the thread with Angie's summary about the miscarriage scenes:

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8038212/1/

Pertinent part:

Quote:

Brady finds her hemorrhaging so he takes her to the nearby clinic where she is tended by Dr. Baker (John Callahan). She is crying, in pain, and passes out. Nicole implores the doctor to save her unborn daughter. Nicole is kind of delusional and thinks the baby will be fine. Until, the pain hits. Nicole miscarries the baby. AZ says they left the camera on and she just sobbed. After Nicole passes out she has a dream that they are handing her her little girl. The doctor suggests that Brady be the one to tell Nicole that she lost the baby. So, he has to come in and tell her. James Scott says the everyone needs to watch the scenes. He saw part of it and said Ari was phenomenal and some of the best work he has seen on the show.

Nicole Walker

^BWAHAHAHAHA!! I can't stop laughing.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Part of an actor's job is to sell the story anyway so I have no issue with James said. I doubt he even recalls saying that about Ari. Even if he did, I bet he doubts anyone would remember that. The one thing some of these people (including Corday) needs to understand is with the Internet age it's impossible to put one over on people.

Acting is subjective. I've seen people praise actors I think suck and vise versa. I feel Ali has been great since her return from maternity leave but others feel differently. Many did not like KA's performance during Zack's death. Many hated Dee Hall's acting. Again, it's subjective. Even panels that judge acting are like that. What they see as great many others may see as bad. It all depends.

Regardless, Ali and Galen could be fantastic and some still would rip them apart. I remember when Eric Martsolf was casted. Many people hated it saying he was a Passions actor and so on. He may not be great but he's very popular and is getting pretty favorable reviews. Sometimes it's about who suits the role and not so much about who can cry or be subtle or whatever. I think Eric could put on a mind-blowing performance and some would still not give him his due either. Just like Days as a show can be fantastic and some would still bash it. It's just the way it is. It happens under every regime. You can never please everyone and usually there is just as many people hating it as liking it. It keeps things from being boring and it's fine. As I said, it's subjective.

The only thing I have a hard time with is the comparisons to what KA did or AZ or Deidre Hall. I just think it's unfair to compare this story and these performances to past ones like that. I just think the stories, actors and actresses, circumstances, etc are too different. I think the fair thing is to judge what is seen now for what it is. If people hate it, fine. I just think it should be judged on it's failures or merits and not by way of using comparisons with the past to prove the point that the story sucked.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 4 2009, 12:22 AM.

Nicole Walker

I'm sorry but that's hilarious. It's like he's recycling. LOL!

fancyface78
Member Avatar

Ponz
Jun 3 2009, 11:36 AM
Where does Corday get this "through the roof" crap?

Ratings for the 10 weeks prior to Zack's death:

10/24/05......5*..............2.5..............08...10/31/05...5*........2.5...............09
11/7/05........5*..............2.5..............09...11/14/05...5*........2.6...............09
11/21/05......5*..............2.6..............08...11/28/05...5..........2.6..............09
12/5/05........7...............2.6..............08...12/12/05...5*.........2.6..............09
12/19/05......5*..............2.7..............08...12/26/05...5..........2.8..............08

Average: 2.6

10 weeks following Zack's death:

1/2/06.........3*...............2.8.............09....1/9/06......3..........2.9..............10
1/16/06.......3*...............2.9.............09....1/23/06....4*.........2.6..............09
1/30/06.......5*...............2.6.............09....2/6/06......6*.........2.6..............09
2/13/06.......5*...............2.7.............09....2/20/06....6*.........2.6..............09
2/27/06.......6*...............2.5.............08....3/6/06......6*.........2.5..............08

Average: 2.67
Well to be fair, the "Zack's death" part of the story was really only from

1/2/06.........3*...............2.8.............09....1/9/06......3..........2.9..............10
1/16/06.......3*...............2.9.............09....1/23/06....4*.........2.6..............09

and there was a spike in the ratings. Obviously it was not huge but people tuned in because it was a supercouple's child being killed off. I'm anxious to see if the ratings will get a bump with this story...

The Zack-related stuff after that was the fallout, Bo & Hope's split and it was all downhill from there.

And yeah, someone obviously needs to send James a copy of Kristian's performance after Zack died.
Edited by fancyface78, Jun 4 2009, 01:01 AM.

ginababe
BANNED

fancyface78
Jun 4 2009, 12:58 AM
Ponz
Jun 3 2009, 11:36 AM
Where does Corday get this "through the roof" crap?

Ratings for the 10 weeks prior to Zack's death:

10/24/05......5*..............2.5..............08...10/31/05...5*........2.5...............09
11/7/05........5*..............2.5..............09...11/14/05...5*........2.6...............09
11/21/05......5*..............2.6..............08...11/28/05...5..........2.6..............09
12/5/05........7...............2.6..............08...12/12/05...5*.........2.6..............09
12/19/05......5*..............2.7..............08...12/26/05...5..........2.8..............08

Average: 2.6

10 weeks following Zack's death:

1/30/06.......5*...............2.6.............09....2/6/06......6*.........2.6..............09
2/13/06.......5*...............2.7.............09....2/20/06....6*.........2.6..............09
2/27/06.......6*...............2.5.............08....3/6/06......6*.........2.5..............08

Average: 2.67
Well to be fair, the "Zack's death" part of the story was really only from

and there was a spike in the ratings. Obviously it was not huge but people tuned in because it was a supercouple's child being killed off. I'm anxious to see if the ratings will get a bump with this story...

The Zack-related stuff after that was the fallout, Bo & Hope's split and it was all downhill from there.

And yeah, someone obviously needs to send James a copy of Kristian's performance after Zack died.
James wasn't even on the show when that story happened, so how could he compare?? But you're right, I don't care how good Ali may be, no one can beat KA's performance!

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Thanks for the article...You know, this actually sounds multi-layered and it could be really good. I hope the dialogue is fitting. Dialogue can make or break a sl.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Amello
Jun 3 2009, 11:30 AM
peaches179
Jun 3 2009, 11:29 AM
Ellie
Jun 3 2009, 11:11 AM
James Scott says that Ali Sweeney's acting "is not only the best I've ever seen her do, I think it's the best acting I've ever seen on the show."

:roflol: :roflol:
My exact reaction.
Mine too. What a JOKE! :rolleyes:

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

ginababe
Jun 4 2009, 01:08 AM
But you're right, I don't care how good Ali may be, no one can beat KA's performance!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! :hail:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I just wanted to point out, I don't find the two quotes from JS all that similar.

Here's the one he made about AZ:
Quote:

James Scott says the everyone needs to watch the scenes. He saw part of it and said Ari was phenomenal and some of the best work he has seen on the show.

and then about Ali:
Quote:

James Scott says that Ali Sweeney's acting "is not only the best I've ever seen her do, I think it's the best acting I've ever seen on the show."

He comes across to me as a man who gives praise when he thinks it's due - and enjoys working with both of these women. As he should - they are both wonderful actresses. :)

Nicole Walker

^It's the same thing like I said cut out Ali or Ari's name in either statement and it's exactly the same meaning. I can't help but think it's hilarious. I do like him giving Ali credit for her work if she deserves it and from what the 5 minutes I saw it seemed like she was doing a good job with these scenes. I
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jun 4 2009, 12:50 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

Why isn't he allowed to think both women knocked it out of the Park with these super emotionally charged scenes?

Guess what? He is. Good god, let the man have an opinion.

He said nothing about KA as he wasn't on the show at the time and he doesn't need to get a video of her scenes as he probably does not give a rat's fart about how fabulous Kristian was.

I think they are all going to rock this story and we will all be crying our asses off.

Mason
Member Avatar

michelle
Jun 4 2009, 08:15 PM
Why isn't he allowed to think both women knocked it out of the Park with these super emotionally charged scenes?

Who said he's not allowed to have an opinion? Obviously he is. But guess what? We're allowed to say what we think of his opinion. It's a two-way street.
Edited by Mason, Jun 4 2009, 08:21 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

Of course you can say what you think about his opinion, but just because he previously said Ari was great in her scenes and he used similar wording about Ali in hers, doesn't mean he doesn't mean it about both actresses.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm sure he does mean it, I just don't agree with him (in either case), LoL.
Edited by Mason, Jun 4 2009, 08:26 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Mason
Jun 4 2009, 08:26 PM
I'm sure he does mean it, I just don't agree with him (in either case), LoL.
Which is fine...but seems odd since you haven't seen Ali's performance yet. Why dismiss it before seeing it? Even if you are determined to diss it no matter what it just seems to make more sense to see it first. :shrug:

AidanGreensFan

Mason
Jun 4 2009, 08:18 PM
michelle
Jun 4 2009, 08:15 PM

Who said he's not allowed to have an opinion? Obviously he is. But guess what? We're allowed to say what we think of his opinion. It's a two-way street.
But his opinion in based on scenes he has actually witnessed - as far as I'm aware none of the posters on this board were at the taping for this episode. So IMO James Scott's opinion holds a bit more weight in this situation.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply