Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Baby Grace dies; June 16th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jun 3 2009, 11:11 AM (10,611 Views)
KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

michelle
Jun 4 2009, 08:15 PM
He said nothing about KA as he wasn't on the show at the time and he doesn't need to get a video of her scenes as he probably does not give a rat's fart about how fabulous Kristian was.
Just like some of us don't give a rat's fart how "fabulous" Ali is. :sleep: :eyeroll:
Edited by KristianFanForever, Jun 4 2009, 09:10 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

Not saying anyone here or elsewhere has to give a rats fart about Ali's performance. Just commenting that it's okay for James to think she did well, as he mentioned in this interview.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

michelle
Jun 4 2009, 09:09 PM
Just commenting that it's okay for James to think she did well
Just like it's ok for some of us to disagree with him (ROYALLY, LOL!).

michelle
Member Avatar

But you haven't seen the scenes yet how can you know? :shrug:

lysie
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
Jun 4 2009, 08:59 PM
But his opinion in based on scenes he has actually witnessed - as far as I'm aware none of the posters on this board were at the taping for this episode. So IMO James Scott's opinion holds a bit more weight in this situation.
He has an opinion based on a scene he watched being taped and his three years with the show. I have an opinion based on the full episodes I have watched before his character was conceived (that makes me sound older).

I wish I could remember the article or reference since I do keep bringing it up, but there was at least one instance where he made it pretty clear that he had no idea what was going on with the show outside of his scenes. I don't expect him to, unless he's going to talk about the best acting on the show because it's not necessarily going on in his scenes.

michelle
Member Avatar

I believe in this case, he is talking about his scenes with her. Since he has been in so many episodes since his arrival 3 years ago, he has seen a lot of acting from the other actors and this is where he is drawing his comparisons from.

He has acted with just about everyone, I believe.
Edited by michelle, Jun 4 2009, 09:24 PM.

MrsDimera

I know this is a little off topic...but with the spoiler about Will turning his back on Sami, he's po'd about Sami was hiding the fact about Grace being her and EJ's "daughter". How's he gonna feel when he finds out that Lucas knew the whole time and kept that same secret from him? Is he gonna end up living at Maggie's as well?

Mason
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 4 2009, 08:55 PM
Mason
Jun 4 2009, 08:26 PM
I'm sure he does mean it, I just don't agree with him (in either case), LoL.
Which is fine...but seems odd since you haven't seen Ali's performance yet. Why dismiss it before seeing it? Even if you are determined to diss it no matter what it just seems to make more sense to see it first. :shrug:
I'm not saying it won't be good. What I'm disagreeing with is that it's "the finest acting" (or however James phrased it) on the show since he's been on. I don't have to see it to know that it won't be *that* good.
Edited by Mason, Jun 4 2009, 09:37 PM.

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

michelle
Jun 4 2009, 09:14 PM
From what I've seen of Ali's work (and I have watched DOOL since late '96) and that ridiculous promo on Grace's death, it's nothing to brag or write home about. :sleep:

But, hey, whatever floats yours and JS's boat. :wave:

michelle
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 4 2009, 09:35 PM
SocRMum1
Jun 4 2009, 08:55 PM
Mason
Jun 4 2009, 08:26 PM
I'm sure he does mean it, I just don't agree with him (in either case), LoL.
Which is fine...but seems odd since you haven't seen Ali's performance yet. Why dismiss it before seeing it? Even if you are determined to diss it no matter what it just seems to make more sense to see it first. :shrug:
I'm not saying it won't be good. What I'm disagreeing with is that it's "some of the finest acting" (or however James phrased it) on the show since he's been on. I don't have to see it to know that it won't be *that* good.
Oh Mason, I feel like I am trying to convince you of the impossible. Did you see Dumb and Dumber when Lloyd asks Lauren Holly what his chances were to be with her? He says, you mean like 1 in 10, and she says, no - more like 1 in a million and he says, so you're telling me there's a chance...

Don't you think there's a tiny wee chance Ali could be great in these scenes or not even 1 in a million? Are you just absolutely convinced she will suck?

KristianFan please don't answer as I know what you think already!

michelle
Member Avatar

KristianFanForever
Jun 4 2009, 09:37 PM
michelle
From what I've seen of Ali's work (and I have watched DOOL since late '96) and that ridiculous promo on Grace's death, it's nothing to brag or write home about. :sleep:

Hey KristianFanForever - Bo and Hope are my fave couple ever so we definitely can agree on something! :rockon:

Mason
Member Avatar

michelle
Jun 4 2009, 09:41 PM
Oh Mason, I feel like I am trying to convince you of the impossible. Did you see Dumb and Dumber when Lloyd asks Lauren Holly what his chances were to be with her? He says, you mean like 1 in 10, and she says, no - more like 1 in a million and he says, so you're telling me there's a chance...

Don't you think there's a tiny wee chance Ali could be great in these scenes or not even 1 in a million? Are you just absolutely convinced she will suck?
Again, I didn't say that she would suck. For all I know, Ali could knock it out of my park (though I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my doubts). All I'm saying is that I don't believe that there's a snowball's chance in hell that it will be THE best acting on the show since James has been on. That's all, LoL!

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

MrsDimera
Jun 4 2009, 09:34 PM
I know this is a little off topic...but with the spoiler about Will turning his back on Sami, he's po'd about Sami was hiding the fact about Grace being her and EJ's "daughter". How's he gonna feel when he finds out that Lucas knew the whole time and kept that same secret from him? Is he gonna end up living at Maggie's as well?
I think the spoilers have him living at Caroline's. So hopefully that means they are playing out the beat that he is pissed at Lucas for his part in the secret, too.

michelle
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 4 2009, 09:43 PM
michelle

Again, I didn't say that she would suck. For all I know, Ali could knock it out of my park (though I'd be lying if I said I didn't have my doubts). All I'm saying is that I don't believe that there's a snowball's chance in hell that it will be THE best acting on the show since James has been on. That's all, LoL!
Got it. Maybe we'll revisit in a few weeks!

Thanks for the quick response!

michelle
Member Avatar

Oh Lucas. Give him a story or send his ass packing. I can't take it anymore!

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

michelle
KristianFan please don't answer as I know what you think already!
Then why bother asking? :P

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar

michelle
Jun 4 2009, 09:43 PM
KristianFanForever
Jun 4 2009, 09:37 PM
michelle

Hey KristianFanForever - Bo and Hope are my fave couple ever so we definitely can agree on something! :rockon:
Really? Well, I'll be darned. :drunk:
Edited by KristianFanForever, Jun 4 2009, 10:02 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Opinions are like assholes everyone has one, it's how we share those opinions that's important.... ;)

AidanGreensFan

~Rhi~
Jun 4 2009, 09:53 PM
Opinions are like assholes everyone has one, it's how we share those opinions that's important.... ;)
Agreed. I know many here believe Dee Hall is a great actress. I think she is one of the worst - make me cringe kind of worst. Everyone see things differently. It doesn't mean I'm wrong and they are right (or vice versa).

Although I do believe all can agree on certain catastrophes a la Charity Rahmer. Now THAT was bad acting.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

I wish that clip of her was still on YouTube with all the comments over it.

God, what did Charity Rahmer do after DOOL?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply