Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Darin Brooks on his exit; June 16th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jun 3 2009, 01:04 PM (1,425 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD includes an interview with Darin Brooks about his exit from Days.

- Max's exit from Salem occurs when Chelsea asks him to move to London with her.

- Brooks says he shot his last show before the Memorial Day break. He says the show asked him if he wanted a cake and he said no, but then he thought about it and realized he should have said yes, "because the cake isn't about me; it's a nice little break for the crew".

- Brooks' new character is very different from Max. The new character is "more lighthearted"; "deep down, this guy puts his bros before hos. It's that college football team cameraderie."

- Brooks says Days has been "phenomenal" to him in many ways. "You can't pay for a class to teach you what I learned there." He thanks Days for giving him a chance when he was inexperienced. He says he's going to miss everyone there and that he loved talking to the cast and crew, "even though secrets can never be kept in that family!"

- He's then asked what he won't miss. He says the stress, and he explains that sometimes it's a very rushed feeling because so many pages have to be done in a day. But then he corrects himself and says that he'll miss everything about working there. "Nothing was bad; I enjoyed my time there."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'll miss him.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Jun 3 2009, 01:04 PM
The new character is "more lighthearted"; "deep down, this guy puts his bros before hos. It's that college football team cameraderie."

ROFL. What kind of character description is that? He only puts hos before bros on the surface? I still refuse to watch any show that asks me to believe DB could quarterback any college football team in the country. I still can't believe Chelsea and Max of all people get a happy ending but whatever, I guess I don't care. And having met DB in Hartford I will say he is a very pleasant man and I wish him well.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Manny
Member Avatar

DAYS made a HUGE mistake by not putting Max with Abby immediately. By the time they did, the magic was kinda over and well Ashley Benson left the show. Max with Stephanie and Chelsea never did anything for me...

lysie
Member Avatar

Has he even done anything since Chelsea left?

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I think he is a good actor...I did not understand Max tho...he too suffered from the horrible writing..good luck to him...

King
Member Avatar

I won't miss him or Max much, but this was a good little interview.

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 3 2009, 01:30 PM
Has he even done anything since Chelsea left?
he had one or two scenes. at least one cause he got the call from chels when he was with bo and hope

lene
Member Avatar

Big Brother
Jun 3 2009, 01:26 PM
DAYS made a HUGE mistake by not putting Max with Abby immediately. By the time they did, the magic was kinda over and well Ashley Benson left the show. Max with Stephanie and Chelsea never did anything for me...
Magic? Really?

i thought Mabby was :sleep: but that's jmo.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like Darin but I no longer feel I will miss him. Much like with Rachel Melvin, the show used them so little since September that I feel like they've been gone for awhile anyway. I no longer feel there will be a void.

I wish him luck and, if he ever returns, I hope it's with a much clearer direction and with a new love interest (or Abby LOL).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply