Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Spoilers for wk of June 15th; *UPDATED 6/13*
Topic Started: Jun 3 2009, 02:58 PM (12,857 Views)
Livie

minnime1968
Jun 12 2009, 03:48 PM
Can anyone on Ej's side honestly say that if you went to tell the man you were pregnant with his child and witnessed the mayor being shot and the next time you were going to tell him you found out that someone his family was at "war" with had been shot..you would still tell him? I like Sami would probably re-think telling him. Maybe even not tell him at all. If you all have been watching the show long enough then you know the hell Stefano has put her family through. Nothing has changed except they're keeping all of their wrong doings on the DL. Sami has done a lot of bad things in her past but I feel she had good reason for doing what she did this time. Don't get me wrong...James Scott is one hottie!!
due to what i have seen ej turn into during this revamping of his character, i also do not fault sami for not telling him, and feel if she had not been under a burden of guilt at thinking she was somehow to blame for grace dying i do not think she would have told him even then. would that have been kinder? perhaps. i do not hold with the "sami was doing it out of vindictiveness" her manner up until he tried to insinuate she was looney was gentle and sorrowful.

what i saw yesterday in the morgue with rafe telling ej he had been allowed his rage, now "go home and be with your family and thank god for them"..i hate to admit it, but that was the real man in this story. when sami gently asked ej if he wanted a say in the arrangements, and he replies "you killed her, you bury her" any sympathy points he may have gotten went down the drain with me. his ott display in the morgue area at the end also made it unreal.

like i said, i do not want rafe and sami together, but then i never wanted john and marlena together, since i was an isabella fan. i do not get what i want all the time, and i am slowly realizing i am not going to get it now either. this is the character james scott lobbied to be. he likes playing the bad guy. he is now the bad guy, and going to get worse imo. sami is being retooled into her mother, good or bad, that is what is going on. but i am going to enjoy the hell out of her and her attempts to bring down ej. at least it will be good television if not romance and candle light.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

minnime1968
Jun 12 2009, 03:48 PM
Can anyone on Ej's side honestly say that if you went to tell the man you were pregnant with his child and witnessed the mayor being shot and the next time you were going to tell him you found out that someone his family was at "war" with had been shot..you would still tell him? I like Sami would probably re-think telling him. Maybe even not tell him at all. If you all have been watching the show long enough then you know the hell Stefano has put her family through. Nothing has changed except they're keeping all of their wrong doings on the DL. Sami has done a lot of bad things in her past but I feel she had good reason for doing what she did this time. Don't get me wrong...James Scott is one hottie!!
If she is so terrified of EJ and his family then why was she ok with leaving Johnny there with them for MONTHS? It is ok for one child, but not the other? It doesn't make sense.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Exactly. That's what made Sami look so ridiculous throughout.

It was like Oh I'm going to protect Grace and just throw Johnny to the wolves since it's too late.

And it wasn't like Sami in ANY WAY was shown to think EJ was a bad dad or was putting Johnny in danger. Even when Rafe was making his plot to adopt the girl he thought was EJ's baby girl, he made a point to remind Sami that EJ would never do anything bad to Johnny.

Livie

^missaremid, i thought you had said at one point you were not watching..(involved with election)..soo here is why sami was afraid..after the lockdown at the hospital, her and ej returned home to the mansion and there were stefano droppings all over the place.

please do not try and say sami has no reasons to fear stefano, for it is hardwired in her family history from the time that he tried to kill her parents while her and eric were still in utero.

then there was the twins pregnancy and the whole steal the cord blood thing going on..sami has plenty of reasons to fear stefano, that is why her one condition to ej was not to let stefano be with johnny..and what happens? ej lets stefano babysit and sami finds him with stefano in the cemetery visiting some of stef's "oldest and dearest"...stefano even countenanced his own son being murdered by andre so he could have liver cells..never suppose that stefano is really some gentle ole' grandpa..he is evil to the core and willing to use his family for his own ends. sami knows this, ej used to, but somehow in the dumbing down of ej it was collectively passed on to a lot of the audience as well. history not remembered is history repeated as the saying goes..

back to topic..it may make sami look ridiculous until you examine all that happened..stefano plants a phoenix rattle in her bag to unnerve her, she then has a dream that johnny becomes a soldier pawn that executes a man in the dimera living room..her fear is real.

now why not take johnny? i think she is going to do exactly that when ej gets exposed..but a long time ago after sami was so furious over the sevevator she said she was taking the twins and leaving the mansion since stefano was there. ej produced a bought and paid for restraining order..so if she wanted to leave she had to leave johnny. that is why sami is not able to get johnny, and now apparently they have worked out a custody sharing that ej even flaunts and ignores when it suits his purposes. rafe said she should have called the police, and i agree. but i also think she worried about how ej would react on rafe, after all, this is now a mafia prince who uses goons and money to buy his way out of things.

if ej was lucas, and the resources equaled, sami would not have agreed to let johnny stay at the mansion.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Yes, I have said I was not watching part of last fall while being involved in the election. I have caught up on some things via YouTube from that time, but that part of the show doesn't have that much to do with what I am talking about now.

I never ever said Sami has no reason to be afraid of Stefano, but that they have made the point REPEATEDLY to say oh despite EJ being a mafia prince loyal to Stefano he's a good dad is part of what made this so dumb... that Sami went to the trouble of hiding her pregnancy in WPP and keeping it a secret post-birth and even conspired to let another man adopt the second child she had with EJ yet at the same time she didn't even lift a finger to try and get Johnny under her roof permanently besides that one moment post-sexevator and has always told EJ he was a good father EVEN AFTER the stuff you mentioned with Stefano happened. And speaking of the sexevator... her going for custody then was kind of silly because her wanting custody of Johnny had NOTHING to do with her kid's safety then but had to do with her jealousy over EJ being with Nicole and wanting to punish him for being with her the same way so many of her lines during the Grace reveal scene seemed rooted in her jealousy and angry over EJ being with Nicole and wanting to punish him for it.

As for what she is doing going forward to try and get back at EJ and fight him for custody of Johnny, even though I haven't been all that sympathetic to Sami of late I am absolutely looking forward to it because it will just be great seeing Sami being resourceful and willing to get her hands dirty playing to win rather than relying on some man to rescue her, the weepy damsel in distress she's been the last few years.

Edited by IMissAremid, Jun 13 2009, 04:13 PM.

Livie

^well, that is my big hope too..i kind of get squiggly thinking of sami crawling up on top of ej as he lies in a coma calling him out as "coma boy"!

and sure sami was jealous of ej being with nicole..she told him that many times which was why he pursued it. but her fear of stefano and her wanting to keep another child out of his sphere of influence is a much bigger drive than being jealous of nicole. if there had been no pregnancy, then she would be fighting imo for johnny even before. she wanted all of them out of the house even before she knew she was pregnant when her and ej got out of the hospital lockdown situation and found the house full of stefano droppings..ej refused, and the rest as they say is history!

and the good dad part is not ignored..but since the revenge of tony started, we have seen ej is neglectful of johnny, flaunts the court ordered visitation with his own mother.. and now he is willing to use johnny as a weapon of revenge against her mother. nope that is not good parenting.
Edited by Livie, Jun 13 2009, 06:12 PM.

siamesecougar
Member Avatar

Alligato
Jun 3 2009, 05:50 PM
Why is EJ planning revenge? I thought he understood that he wasn't daddy of the year and understood why Sami did what she did?
Is this like how he was worried about Stefanie then didn't care if she lived or died?

Thanks so much for the spoils! I was trying to stay away but I can't help it when it comes to these kinds of stories.

Total crap about Kate still planning revenge? Worst story right now!!!!
EJ loved, and still loves Sami even when Nicole found out she was pregnant. When Sami found out about her own pregnancy, she was around EJ so many times and never told him. EJ thought he had given Sami and the kids love and was in denial about Sami's underlying hatred of all things Dimera.

He will plot revenge against Sami by takeing the one thing he knows will hurt her the most, because she would not let him have the courtesy of even knowing and seeing his daughter alive and waiting to tell him after the baby died. To EJ (and Dimera history) that is just unacceptable and will not be done without severe consequences (also in the long Dimera history).

EJ cannot forgive Sami for the lie and hidden truth. Rafe may get fallout from it all, but it seemed EJ was beginning to focus the whole wrath on Sami and EJ was really rough with her in the mortuary office anyway, abusive assault actually.

So he goes for temporary full custody and might include Rafe somehow, but EJ is looking to hurt Sami as she hurt him.

This is all in my own humble opinion, of course.

Oh, EJ is finally showing his full inherited Dimeraness and that in the longrun when pushed to the edge, he learned how to be cruel and heartless just like dear ol' daddy Stefano. When he let loose on Sami and Rafe in that office, any proper Englishman that he was when he came to Salem was dead and gone in a heartbeat.

Stephanie lost any Dimera sympathy or goodwill when she aligned herself with Phillip and Victor. She was fair game just as Victor illustrated when he quietly threatened Sydney.

Kate wants revenge because when she changed her mind and wanted back with Daniel, he had his sights on Chloe. Kate doesn't like being hurt that way. That was strike 1 against Daniel and the beginning of strike 1 on Chloe.

Kate had promised to back off of her over-protective mom routine a little giving Chloe another chance sort of, but Daniel wouldn't leave her alone and Chloe didn't exactly tell him to go away and had the audacity to marry Lucas and promised to be faithful when Kate knew Chloe probably wouldn't. Kate hoped because Chloe is what Lucas wanted.

Then to know that Daniel did not respect Lucas, but was trying to steal Chloe from Lucas and didn't care if Lucas got hurt (and fell off the wagon). That was strike 2. Don't mess with Kate's kids.

The fact that Chloe has been lying to Lucas, married Lucas, and is still having little rendevous with Daniel who is also still ignoring Kate's warnings and going after Chloe and Kate keeps catching Daniel and Chloe in the middle of more than just friendship. That is strike 3.

So, (1) Kill Chloe and get her out of Lucas' life before Chloe destroys Lucas. Better Lucas be a widower than be hurt by Chloe until it destroys Lucas, and (2) Destroy Daniel's career and freedom and how he has hurt so many women including Kate and Chelsea. Put him in a nice closed prison for life if she can swing it or maybe death row.

Little Grace was lucky she was an infant and immune to Daniel's version of BlackWidow.

All in my own humble opinion, of course. :wave:

ges
Member Avatar

Telling Sammi that she was evil and not deserving to be a mother and should rot in hell and his only regret in life was loving her while she is at a funeral home making arrangements for her baby has done me in. E.J. is a selfish bastard, who, if he took one moment to reflect upon the situation, would be able to see his huge part in this mess. The only one who is a jerk is Rafe, who let him put his hands on Sammi for just a little too long, and is a very bad person to try to adopt a baby that he knows has a living father. He is a wimp and a creep.

michelle
Member Avatar

You should not blame EJ for his actions/reactions at the funeral home. He had just found out the woman he loved, not only had his child, but hid her from him, let another man adopt her and then could not even give him one single moment with her before she died. I'd be pretty peeved myself and would certainly lash out at the perpetrator of this crime. (yes folks, what she did was illegal in all 50 states).

It doesn't mean he really believes she killed Grace (she's a bad mother, should rot in hell, blah blah blah), but just as Sami was extremely cruel when telling him why she never told him about Grace, he was just as cruel in his questioning of how Grace died and Sami's role as her parent. He also knows that what would hurt her the most, as he is hurting now, is to challenge her parenting abilities - as we all know, Sami prides herself as being a loving mother who would do anything for her kids.

Funny thing is, when Sami came out of WP, she thanked EJ for taking such good care of Johnny and saying what a great father he was/is but that she hid Grace's existence because she didn't want Grace to know how awful her father was/is.

He will in time realize why she did what she did and hopefully he will hold his father somewhat accountable, certainly regarding his role in what happened to the Mayor and how that led to Sami going into WP.

He does seem to be very hung up on the lie/lying/betrayal aspect of this situation, so I'm curious as to how he will feel after Nicole's lies and betrayals are revealed. And to see what will happen when EJ and Sami both know they have another child together that is still alive.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

^ Another great post, Michelle!

I completely agree - both EJ and Sami are getting a pass from me for the reactions in the heat of the moment. Granted - depending on how long the writers drag it out things could get out of hand and I might feel differently as things play out, but for now, I truly can sympathize with both of them. And as for EJ putting his hands on Sami at the funeral home, I saw that as him holding her hands to prevent her from continuing to pummel him. I have no problem with that - I see no reason that he should stand there and let her pound away. I did find it interesting that Rafe waited so long to intercede, though. I had pretty much forgotten he was in the room until he finally stepped up - much like EJ and Sami apparently had.

If there is one primary point the writers have driven home repeatedly since Sami returned from WP it is that EJami both hold each other in very high regard as parents. Sami has mentioned to EJ and to Rafe what a great father EJ is. EJ has told Sami on more than one occasion that he views her as the best mother he's ever known. So the hurtful words they are hurling at each other at the moment are just that - it's not what they feel in their heart, but the pain of what they are experiencing is driving them to strike out and hurt one another in the most obvious place. This too shall pass. :)

But I will say...when EJ was asking Sami if he hadn't been a good father to Johnny, the way his voice broke and the pain in his eyes was heart wrenching. :'(

michelle
Member Avatar

I totally agree.

I just attacked Sami in another thread. I swear I was channeling EJ. I love her but then I'm so mad right now, I could strangle her.

I know things will get better.

The good news is that I am doing a lot less FF so the writers are doing something good. (And it's been a long time I've been waiting for that something good ;) )
Edited by michelle, Jun 15 2009, 10:00 PM.

ges
Member Avatar

As far as I am concerned E.J. has exactly what he deserves right now. Nicole Walker and his father.
those are the people he trusts most in the world. When he finds out the scope of Nicole's deception and his father's complicity he will have a complete breakdown and become a drunken sociopath. I hope he kills Rafe, Kate, Melanie, Daniel, Rafe's sister, Chloe, Roman, Abe and Mia in that order. Nicole should be kept alive to flaunt the 1/2 of the DiMera estate that she gets in a divorce settlement so as to always remind him what a horrible, dumb-ass lawyer he is. :D

michelle
Member Avatar

Why are you blaming EJ? Sami pushed him away and left him, so he moved on. Other than the hit on Phil/Steph kidnapping, to avenge his bro, what has he done to warrant Sami's hatred? And let's remember she forgave him for all those past transgressions so let's not get into that right now. What has he done to her lately other than take care of her son when she ran away? He's done nothing.

Please don't say he married Nicole as she pushed him right into that.

He doesn't know his father or Nicole is lying to him. That's not his fault, it's theirs. As far as he knows, the only betrayer is Sami.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply