Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Former DAYS star comes out; new interview
Topic Started: Jun 4 2009, 08:32 PM (1,543 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

http://www.afterelton.com/people/2009/6/wesleyeure?page=0%2C0

Summary from Michael Fairman:

Former "DAYS" star Wesley Eure speaks out on being gay and working on soaps and more!

Following on the heels of openly gay actor, Thom Bierdz coming out story, former "DAYS" and "Land of the Lost" star Wesley Eure offically comes out, in an exclusive interview with After Elton.com. In it, the actors says ,"DAYS" fired him because he was gay." Many remember Wesley was teen heartthrob, Mike Horton. During his time on "DAYS" from 1974-1981, Eure had a romantic relationship with uber-famous Richard Chamberlin (Think Dr. Kildare and The Thorn Birds). When it was over the actor says he had a meltdown on the DAYS set. "When it was over, it was enormously sad. I was broken hearted. I remember we broke up and I was on Days of Our Lives, I couldn't stop shaking. The good news is, the character on Days of Our Lives was in a very traumatic situation in the script, so it required being depressed, down, crying, all that stuff. So it fortunately timed out great. God bless the makeup artists, they came in did my makeup in the room. I was not ready to cope with it, but I moved on.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/newsItem.cfm?cms_news_id=411
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

Ironic, since there was the possibility of Mike being gay, at some point.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

When I first looked at this thread and saw the last name Wesley I first thought of Kevin Spirtas who played Craig Wesley on Days.... :blink:

Dragonish1
Member Avatar

Very interesting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...that is interesting, especially how he had to play emotional scenes following the breakup.

I'm glad we see more and more celebrities coming out now. I wish they were able to sooner but things were so much more difficult back then.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I say it's Days loss because out of the 18,000 actors that played Mike, only two stand out: Eure and Michael T Weiss.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

There's a "Land of the Lost" marathon going on right now on SciFi channel. In the earlier shows, I see that Wesley Eure just went by the name "Wesley." In later seasons, the credits showed his full name.

I never knew he was one of the Mike's. My fave Mike was Michael T. Weiss!
Thanks for posting!
Liz

soapfan
Member Avatar

This is interesting. I wasn't watching the show when he was on there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply