Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rachel Melvin cast on 'Heroes'
Topic Started: Jun 5 2009, 04:34 PM (2,094 Views)
Ellie

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3iedade07084ff11597ceb27317d1ae61f

Rachel Melvin moves to 'Heroes'
'Days of Our Lives' star up for Daytime Emmy
By Nellie Andreeva

June 5, 2009, 04:29 PM ET

The more the merrier.

Days after "Californication" co-star Madeline Zima was cast to play Claire Bennet's (Hayden Panettiere) college roommate Gretchen in a multiepisode arc, Clair got herself yet another roommate.

"Days of Our Lives" co-star Rachel Melvin has been tapped to recur on "Heroes" next season, playing Annie, who also will share sleeping quarters (and maybe more) with Claire.

Melvin, who left "Days of Our Lives" in March after four years, recently earned her second Daytime Emmy nomination for her role as Chelsea Brady on the daytime drama.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm very glad for her, and I'm glad people outside of daytime can see her talent.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Wow!! Good for her!

Thanks for posting, Ellie! :)

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Wow,awesome,I may actually watch the show now.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad to see her making the move and wish her all the best. She has worked hard at her art and it was a pleasure to watch her mature. Good Luck Rachel.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Wow. Good for her. I must admit I really expected the next time we heard from her it would be back on DOOL or another soap.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

That is great news. Rachel is a fine actress. I hope she does well on "Heroes".

thanks Ellie.

jane1978

Good for her. Thatīs a high profile show to have on resumé. And she will play Claireīs roommate? Itīs funny Max and Chelsea are about to walk to the sunset together and just a few weeks ago we saw the pictures of Hayden and Darin from the airport. I wonder if he helped her to get the part.

Bradyclan

Happy for Rachel. She's very talented. I hope it turns to a regular gig.

I'll definitly be watching.

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

thats great for rachel. i agree it will give people outside of daytime to see how well of an actress she really is.

and to get a role in a show as popular as heroes she must really be good. i never watched the show but now i might just cause she will be in it. plus i want to see how really good at acting she is cause i have only seen her on days so being on a different show, she will have a completely different personality compared to chelsea

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

And yet so many BASHED for leaving the sinking ship of Days. I knew she would get picked up somewhere. Not sure if this will be a longterm thing but it certainly proves she has a chance.

misch
Member Avatar

i hope it turns long term for her. i love heroes and i am looking forward to watching her on there.

AidanGreensFan

I always felt RM was overrated as an actress.. That being said - good for her! She's a sweet kid.
Edited by AidanGreensFan, Jun 5 2009, 10:25 PM.

angelatil
Member Avatar

omg that is sooo freaking awesome!!! I love Rachel and I love the show Heroes!!!!!! omg you know I was watching Heroes one time last season and I remember thinking, wow Rachel would be good on this show...I seriously thought that. omg I am so excited! Yay Rachel!!!

KristianFanForever
Member Avatar
Shove your crappy show where the sun don't shine, Corday!

Let me guess, she'll be playing the back-stabbing villian again? LOL! J/k!

Congrats to her!

mirabella

Congratulations to Rachel.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ges
Member Avatar

Wow! Heroes is one of my favorite shows! I am so happy to see her get such a great job.
Thanks for posting!

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Good for her,,she seems like a lovely girl,and she is very talented

zyona

KristianFanForever
Jun 6 2009, 12:31 AM
Let me guess, she'll be playing the back-stabbing villian again? LOL! J/k!

Congrats to her!
The color Green doesn't look good on you!!!!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Wow that's a big deal...I'm excited for her...I'll be watching

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply