Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rachel Melvin cast on 'Heroes'
Topic Started: Jun 5 2009, 04:34 PM (2,130 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Wow- like someone else, I kind of expected her to end up on another soap or back on Days. I wonder how significant the character will be.

Now I'm going to have to tune into the show. Good for her!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Never got into Heroes but will definitly be watching it now.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Wow...congrats to her. The next news I was expecting to hear on her was her returning to Days, getting casted on Y&R/B&B (I can't see ABC picking her up), or her getting casted in an indie picture.

I will admit that I never thought someone would see her talent outside of daytime but I'm happy I was wrong, even if this is just a recurring role on a very vulnerable show right now. I'm done on Heroes but I will give it another whirl just to see her.

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Congrats to Melvin, but Heroes is absolute shit.

Bradyclan

PhoenixRising05
Jun 7 2009, 12:09 AM
Wow...congrats to her. The next news I was expecting to hear on her was her returning to Days, getting casted on Y&R/B&B (I can't see ABC picking her up)
Just curious , why don't you see her getting cast by an ABC soap ? There were rumours that she read for GH, I could definitly see her getting on that soap.

Anyways, I was just curious...

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

PhoenixRising05
Jun 7 2009, 12:09 AM
Wow...congrats to her. The next news I was expecting to hear on her was her returning to Days, getting casted on Y&R/B&B (I can't see ABC picking her up), or her getting casted in an indie picture.

I will admit that I never thought someone would see her talent outside of daytime but I'm happy I was wrong, even if this is just a recurring role on a very vulnerable show right now. I'm done on Heroes but I will give it another whirl just to see her.
How is Heroes vulnerable? I admit it struggled last season but it regained it's footing late in the spring and the WTF ending will no doubt have fans returning to find out what's happening. The ratings have dropped off but it's not close to cancellation at all. They have a major presence online with their comic book site along with it's own universe.

I love Heroes because of it's potential but sadly it tends to disappoint more than please. I love Melvin is on there but this is a show where I find most of the female characters to be all horrifically written or acted (except for Angela and Mrs. Bennett) and would be fine if they cut the entire remaining female cast and brought in new females (again, except for Angelga and Mrs. Bennett). What bothers me is Melvin will be acting opposite Claire who I liked for maybe 5 minutes last season and for none of 2nd season.

Anyway, I just hope they don't screw up her character and make her another Maya/Molly/Janice/Daphne/Tracy/Claire.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Yay, this makes me so happy. I'm a huge Heroes fan, and always adored Rachel on Days. I am really excited to see her away from daytime television. I'm looking forward to see how well she can act in a new situation for her. Well, somewhat new, I suppose... I just remembered the sorority house.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I just noticed this
Quote:

"Days of Our Lives" co-star Rachel Melvin has been tapped to recur on "Heroes" next season, playing Annie, who also will share sleeping quarters (and maybe more) with Claire.

Is Claire a lesbian?

Bradyclan

R!ck
Jun 10 2009, 06:42 PM
I just noticed this
Quote:

"Days of Our Lives" co-star Rachel Melvin has been tapped to recur on "Heroes" next season, playing Annie, who also will share sleeping quarters (and maybe more) with Claire.

Is Claire a lesbian?
Well, I know IGN started the rumour of a potential relationship between Claire and Annie.

But so far, we don't know.It's just speculation going around the net.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Bradyclan
Jun 10 2009, 07:29 PM
R!ck
I just noticed this
Quote:

Is Claire a lesbian?
Well, I know IGN started the rumour of a potential relationship between Claire and Annie.

It's gotten some press but this is also a show about supernatural elements. One could take that to mean she would have a power.

evilD
Member Avatar

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. To my knowledge, they never hinted at Claire possibly being a lesbian (hell, she had a potential love interest in Season 2 if I remember correctly) so I'm pretty sure that Annie will end up having superpowers too.

With that said, I really need to get up-to-date with Heroes since I completely missed Season 3 (hockey and wrestling got in the way, what can I say lol) and I'm hoping that next season will live up to the hype and it'll be as good as Season 1.

Bradyclan

evilD
Jun 10 2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. To my knowledge, they never hinted at Claire possibly being a lesbian (hell, she had a potential love interest in Season 2 if I remember correctly) so I'm pretty sure that Annie will end up having superpowers too.

With that said, I really need to get up-to-date with Heroes since I completely missed Season 3 (hockey and wrestling got in the way, what can I say lol) and I'm hoping that next season will live up to the hype and it'll be as good as Season 1.
Nice to have a fellow wrestling fan in the house :wave:

evilD
Member Avatar

Yeah, we can totally throw random wrestling references to mess up with other fans on the board! :p

And besides, wrestling and soaps aren't really different from each other, except that females watching wrestling will often watch it for different reasons than guys do....while us, guys, will not only be in awe of the athleticism of wrestlers but also in "awe" with some of the Divas...

But I think I digress here so I'll stop now lol

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Tripp
Jun 10 2009, 08:24 PM
Bradyclan
Jun 10 2009, 07:29 PM
R!ck
I just noticed this
Quote:

Is Claire a lesbian?

It's gotten some press but this is also a show about supernatural elements. One could take that to mean she would have a power.
She's gotta have a power. I'm excited to see what it is. I heart Rachel, I am so happy she's joining Heroes :smile:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply