Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for Week of June 8th; A heartbreaking tragedy leads to a heartwrenching confession...
Topic Started: Jun 5 2009, 07:33 PM (2,562 Views)
Ellie

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sindacco

and there it came.

Quote:

is not only the best I've ever seen her do, I think it's the best acting I've ever seen on the show

James Scott

Posted Image

Bahahahaha :laugh:

Edited by Sindacco, Jun 5 2009, 08:04 PM.

peaches179

Thanks, Ellie! :)

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Another promo that is too short. Thanks, Ellie!

Mason
Member Avatar

Ali actually looks pretty good in that promo. No over the top hysterics or histrionics. So far, so good.

peaches179

Sindacco
Jun 5 2009, 08:03 PM
and there it came.

Quote:

is not only the best I've ever seen her do, I think it's the best acting I've ever seen on the show

James Scott

Posted Image

Bahahahaha :laugh:

The perfect actress too play those scenes would have been Martha Madison. Talk about heartbreaking scenes ! I still remember the scenes when she was in the hospital, (can't find the clip!) and Philip told Belle she had lost the baby. OMG! Those scenes still give me the chills!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thank you Ellie.

I actually think AS is doing a good job with this part of the storyline. Her emotions are realistic and not over the top. Her fake baby daddy is just vacant. I get about as much emotion from him as Sookie Stackhouse gets brain waves from a vampire...zilch.

Nicole has shown more fear and grief than Ralph.

I suppose it's a cost-saving measure, but these weekly clips are much too brief. Makes me remember the days when we got three different sneaks for the upcoming week in the promo. They even used the actors to present them.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I don't know, I'm still not buying it with Ali.

I know, I know. It's a short promo and it's too soon to judge, but from that quick clip, it doesn't seem to me like Ali is really crying over the loss of a child at all. Yes, she's crying. Yes, she looks a mess. But for some reason, I'm just not buying it with her.

misch
Member Avatar

this is where i get steamed that belle, eric and marlena aren't around for her. drives me nuts.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

My mom said that short preview of Nicole at the end of today's show got to her (and made her want to cry) much more than Ali has during this story yet. I agree with her, she just doesn't make you feel it.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 5 2009, 09:22 PM
My mom said that short preview of Nicole at the end of today's show got to her (and made her want to cry) much more than Ali has during this story yet. I agree with her, she just doesn't make you feel it.
I think it's because we've seen Sami do little more than cry, cry, cry for the last eight years. At this point, it's just like... ugh. It doesn't have the same impact anymore. She's a whinebag.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

misch
Jun 5 2009, 09:19 PM
this is where i get steamed that belle, eric and marlena aren't around for her. drives me nuts.
Yep.

At least they mention Marlena in Monday's epi (per prevuze) but didn't see anything about them mentioning Belle or Eric or Carrie.

Ugh.

Kenny
Member Avatar

misch
That's what happens when soap families are decimated by hack writers. It's sad.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

misch
Exactly. The story misses a HUGE beat by not having having so many key members of Sami's family MIA.

From that oh so brief clip it looks to me like Ali is doing an awesome job.

And on Cindy's comment:

Quote:

Her fake baby daddy is just vacant. I get about as much emotion from him as Sookie Stackhouse gets brain waves from a vampire...zilch.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

leah09
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 5 2009, 09:22 PM
Angie, I watched that preview of Nicole in the chapel and I totally lost it.
Ari is the best actress in this SL, probably the whole show.

Manda1

pspcindy
Jun 5 2009, 08:52 PM
Thank you Ellie.

I actually think AS is doing a good job with this part of the storyline. Her emotions are realistic and not over the top. Her fake baby daddy is just vacant. I get about as much emotion from him as Sookie Stackhouse gets brain waves from a vampire...zilch.

Nicole has shown more fear and grief than Ralph.

I suppose it's a cost-saving measure, but these weekly clips are much too brief. Makes me remember the days when we got three different sneaks for the upcoming week in the promo. They even used the actors to present them.
I've seen clips of Monday's US eppy and AS and GG are both great in those scenes. You will see more from Rafe as reality hits him and Daniel tells him the truth. It is so obvious that they were just imagining how they would be if it were their own babies in that situation. It is definitely a kleenex episode.

lene
Member Avatar

Atleast we see TEARS coming from AS' eyes. KA only screamed and made 'crying' faces without actually CRYING!

Mason
Member Avatar

^ Oh, good grief. Not that again. This whole Ali vs. Kristian horse has been beaten to death and then some. Is that tired debate going to invade every thread?
Edited by Mason, Jun 5 2009, 10:09 PM.

ginababe
BANNED

lene
Jun 5 2009, 10:05 PM
Atleast we see TEARS coming from AS' eyes. KA only screamed and made 'crying' faces without actually CRYING!
Wow, I cannot disagree more!

lene
Member Avatar

I'm just stating FACTS! i did not see tears coming from KA' during zach's death sl. But her screams were amazing.

I do think overall, KA did a better good than Ali. Atleast so far. And i do think KA should have atleast gotten an emmy nomination for Zach's death.
Edited by lene, Jun 5 2009, 10:28 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply