Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for Week of June 8th; A heartbreaking tragedy leads to a heartwrenching confession...
Topic Started: Jun 5 2009, 07:33 PM (2,513 Views)
ginababe
BANNED

lene
Jun 5 2009, 10:27 PM
I'm just stating FACTS! i did not see tears coming from KA' during zach's death sl. But her screams were amazing.

I do think overall, KA did a better good than Ali. Atleast so far. And i do think KA should have atleast gotten an emmy nomination for Zach's death.
that's very generous of you. -_-
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Livie

ali is giving such a great performance..she is showing every emotion that would fit in with what is happening..first she tries to keep it together in front of will, then she has the full on denial that anything this horrible could happen..then the willing grace to be strong..finally the throwing herself on rafe to try and get strength from him, as she knows ej is not hers to lean on for any long time.

i would say ari did ok too, but there is too much selfishness in what she has done and is continuing to do. her and stefano will definitely have a lot to answer for when either ej or law enforcement find out what she has done, and i look forward to how great she will look in that orange jumpsuit once again, hopefully with someone named big bertha as a roomie..

as for stefano, maybe he will overdose on a piece of fudge or something.

lene
Member Avatar

laptop
Jun 5 2009, 10:38 PM

i would say ari did ok too, but there is too much selfishness in what she has done and is continuing to do. her and stefano will definitely have a lot to answer for when either ej or law enforcement find out what she has done, and i look forward to how great she will look in that orange jumpsuit once again, hopefully with someone named big bertha as a roomie..
Ari did OK??? I think she did amazing. IMO, she was the best performer in the episode. The guy that plays will was pretty good too. Ali did good too. Not THAT much over the top screaming this time. :hail:

ginababe
BANNED

I think <<<that lady did the best! but I'm not biased or anything LOL, btw, I'm talking about Mondays episode, Canada's friday eppy.
Edited by ginababe, Jun 5 2009, 10:45 PM.

misch
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 5 2009, 09:33 PM
misch
Jun 5 2009, 09:19 PM
this is where i get steamed that belle, eric and marlena aren't around for her. drives me nuts.
That's what happens when soap families are decimated by hack writers. It's sad.
it is sad. i feel like there are so many storys that could be told from this having one of the core families there. this could propel at least 4 stories is eric, belle, carrie, marlena were all there. and the crossover with the dimeras and potential showdown. guess it's all wishful thinking. :shrug:

fancyface78
Member Avatar

lene
Jun 5 2009, 10:27 PM
I'm just stating FACTS! i did not see tears coming from KA' during zach's death sl. But her screams were amazing.

I do think overall, KA did a better good than Ali. Atleast so far. And i do think KA should have atleast gotten an emmy nomination for Zach's death.
That's interesting, because in the scene where Lexie is getting ready to take Bo and Hope back to see Zack, I can see the TEAR dripping from Kristian's nose...I saw plenty of tears from KA during the storyline!
Edited by fancyface78, Jun 6 2009, 02:46 AM.

Mackie

Mason
Jun 5 2009, 08:19 PM
Ali actually looks pretty good in that promo. No over the top hysterics or histrionics. So far, so good.
Just from those short scenes I prefer it to what I saw of Nicole's OTT crying in the preview for Monday.

Mason

Mackie
Jun 6 2009, 10:13 AM
Mason
Ali actually looks pretty good in that promo. No over the top hysterics or histrionics. So far, so good.
Just from those short scenes I prefer it to what I saw of Nicole's OTT crying in the preview for Monday.

It didn't seem over the top to me. I'm actually looking forward to Monday's show, because it looks like Ari does a fantastic job.

Mackie

Mason
Jun 6 2009, 12:01 PM
Mackie
Mason

It didn't seem over the top to me. I'm actually looking forward to Monday's show, because it looks like Ari does a fantastic job.
Oh yeah she can cry, that is for sure but her acting choices when it comes to scenes like this are often questionable in my view. Her having Nicole bawl her eyes out often appears to be a ploy (that works for the most part) to make viewers forget that Nicole is often the perpetrator and not the victim.

So yeah the woman can cry, but I think it is OTT in some of the scenes she uses the technique in. If she is trying to make it appear that Nicole is genuinely sorry then something more controlled would work better for me. If it's meant to portray fear of getting caught rather than genuine remorse and regret then I could perhaps buy the sobbing and wailing.

If she is meant to be genuine it doesn't work for me and if she is crying out of fear then Nicole gets no sympathy.
Edited by Mackie, Jun 6 2009, 01:08 PM.

leah09
Member Avatar

Mackie
Jun 6 2009, 01:07 PM
Mason
Jun 6 2009, 12:01 PM
Mackie

Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
Oh yeah she can cry, that is for sure but her acting choices when it comes to scenes like this are often questionable in my view. Her having Nicole bawl her eyes out often appears to be a ploy (that works for the most part) to make viewers forget that Nicole is often the perpetrator and not the victim.

So yeah the woman can cry, but I think it is OTT in some of the scenes she uses the technique in. If she is trying to make it appear that Nicole is genuinely sorry then something more controlled would work better for me. If it's meant to portray fear of getting caught rather than genuine remorse and regret then I could perhaps buy the sobbing and wailing.

If she is meant to be genuine it doesn't work for me and if she is crying out of fear then Nicole gets no sympathy.
You mean sympathy from the viewers, right?? Since she is in the chapel alone when she is bawling, I don't think she's looking for sympathy from anyone else.

And for the record, I have zero sympathy for Nicole. AZ rocked in that scene, plain and simple. So far, I think AZ and SC are the only ones "hitting it out of the park". AS is doing an OK job..subject to change for the good/bad depending on her scenes this coming week.

lysie
Member Avatar

These previews get worse every week, lol. Plus, it seems like they give away exactly what they shouldn't. Two big things happen next week, and they just told both of them. I already knew both things, but still...

I'm not feeling anything from this story either, and for once it doesn't seem to be because of AS. I think the main problem is because the family isn't there, which apparently will be partially remedied next week, but I think it's also because the other actors that are in the scenes aren't selling it at all, except for AZ, and she isn't part of the grieving. They made a huge mistake doing this storyline without Marlena. It's already run for three days and Roman and Caroline haven't shown up at the hospital yet. Why did Will have to go get Roman? Roman knows what's going on. Did Lucas just leave? Where is all her support? The support she has sucks. She's actually acting, and everyone else is just standing around.

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

misch
Jun 5 2009, 09:19 PM
this is where i get steamed that belle, eric and marlena aren't around for her. drives me nuts.
yea i agree they should be there for her. at least her mom. even though she told her to stay with john, sami needs her more.

i feel the same about kayla and steve. they should be there for steph. especially when she was missing. i cant believe that they werent mentioned only when steph was engaged and she told her parents and she said she would call them when she got home from the morgue. and when they get married her parents should be there.

days needs to think about their future storylines and who they fire. cause parents of the bride and groom are usually present at a wedding.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

whoa thats a very short promo...poor Ej...he is not going to know what hit him!!!

daisy132

I actually saw Monday's episode, and it was very moving. Everyone did a wonderful job. Alison did well in expressing all of the emotions one would feel in that circumstance. Ari is a wonderful actress, and as much as I absolutely detest the character of Nicole, it is always a treat to see her on screen. Galen tried, he really tried, but again, he was overshadowed... Kudos to Galen for trying though.

I look forward to the scenes between EJ and Sami when she tells him the truth. It is must see TV.

I have to disagree with those who didn't think that KA's performance at Zach's death was not that great. I just saw the clips of his death and funeral. I actually cried. I can tell you that I'm not that emotional when it comes to TV, but those clips did move me. I can't say as much with this storyline. Maybe because we know that Grace isn't Sami's baby has something to do with it. I feel more for Mia as she is the one robbed of being there by her daughter's side while she's sick, and when she'll draw her last breath.
Edited by daisy132, Jun 6 2009, 02:34 PM.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Sorry, but AZ (and SC) have been the best parts of this story.

I have seen the scene at the chapel and AZ's choices in that scene...awesome. The preview part doesnt come until the end of the scene. In that scene, she's building up to that part. Its really starts out steady, then slowly in both her tone and physical movements...she gets to the end where she knees and cries for Grace.

As for SC, yes, he has the acting chops, its too bad he's stuck in obsessive lust for Chloe. A good actor stuck in a horrendous SL!

I'm going to give AS a chance to have different acting choices for the grief she going through. When you see that scene on Monday..then you go back to AS...IMO, you want to see more of AZ and less of AS.

But I'll wait until she tells EJ, then I'll see if I can compliment her. (JS too....he really looks like he needs direction for his character's motivations...but he really hasnt had the chance..next week will tell.)

The vid is always too short....but at least next week will ROCK!
Liz
Edited by Liz<3Days, Jun 6 2009, 02:35 PM.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I may hate Nicole with a burning passion,but Ari brings it to the show,unlike some characters we are forced to watch..and I ADORE SC..as for Hope,,when Zack died I was destroyed..I cried and cried..when they buried him,and Hope was on one side and Bo on the other...damn...KA and PR were AWESOME!!!I think Ali is doing a great job..and I think when the realization of what happened,and the repercussions,,it should get even better.

leah09
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jun 6 2009, 02:31 PM

I have seen the scene at the chapel and AZ's choices in that scene...awesome. The preview part doesnt come until the end of the scene. In that scene, she's building up to that part. Its really starts out steady, then slowly in both her tone and physical movements...she gets to the end where she knees and cries for Grace.

As for SC, yes, he has the acting chops, its too bad he's stuck in obsessive lust for Chloe. A good actor stuck in a horrendous SL!

I'm going to give AS a chance to have different acting choices for the grief she going through. When you see that scene on Monday..then you go back to AS...IMO, you want to see more of AZ and less of AS.

But I'll wait until she tells EJ, then I'll see if I can compliment her. (JS too....he really looks like he needs direction for his character's motivations...but he really hasnt had the chance..next week will tell.)

Liz
The problem with SC (if that's what you want to call it) is that he is so primal and exudes such raw sex-appeal...so much so that TPTB are going to use it for all it's worth. I don't know of a more captivatingly sexy pair right now than SC & NB. We know SC can act and I do enjoy seeing him as the distraught doctor and not just as eye-candy.

Thanks for the info on the AZ chapel scene. I cannot wait to watch her. Sorry, but I can't say the same for GG or AS as the baby is dying. Just get me to the JS/AS 'meeting'.

And there's no doubt KA did her best acting work when Zach died. I still cringe when I watch any of those scenes on youtube. She was robbed of an emmy nom for sure.

lysie
Member Avatar

leah09
Jun 6 2009, 03:36 PM
Liz<3Days
Jun 6 2009, 02:31 PM

Liz
The problem with SC (if that's what you want to call it) is that he is so primal and exudes such raw sex-appeal...so much so that TPTB are going to use it for all it's worth. I don't know of a more captivatingly sexy pair right now than SC & NB. We know SC can act and I do enjoy seeing him as the distraught doctor and not just as eye-candy.

Thanks for the info on the AZ chapel scene. I cannot wait to watch her. Sorry, but I can't say the same for GG or AS as the baby is dying. Just get me to the JS/AS 'meeting'.

And there's no doubt KA did her best acting work when Zach died. I still cringe when I watch any of those scenes on youtube. She was robbed of an emmy nom for sure.
Really? I don't find SC to be good at all. In fact, he bores me to absolute tears, which may be the only tears this story gets from me. I tend to forget he exists until he's standing there, and then I wish I'd never remembered because he's so stiff (and I really should have chosen a better adjective).

☼ Jinx ☼
Member Avatar
Live. Love. Laugh. ♥

I can;t stand these short promos, but I will definitely watch for this. I want to see how it affects EJ.

ginababe
BANNED

Jinxie
Jun 6 2009, 04:46 PM
I can;t stand these short promos, but I will definitely watch for this. I want to see how it affects EJ.
That's why I am watching.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply