Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Promo for Week of June 8th; A heartbreaking tragedy leads to a heartwrenching confession...
Topic Started: Jun 5 2009, 07:33 PM (2,570 Views)
six
Member Avatar

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit tacky that they show the baby flat lining? With Zach, we never saw him after the accident, just his hand. They should've switched to blankets for the death, instead of the child lying there motionless.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't think it's tacky. They would show it on primetime, why not daytime? And, IMO, it greatens the emotional impact to actually see the baby. I'm actually glad that they didn't move the camera away. It's not like she's dying in some gory, graphic way, otherwise, I would agree that that's a bit too much, but I don't think this is.
Edited by Mason, Jun 6 2009, 08:01 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Zack wasn't sick, though. Realistically there would most likely a significant change in his physical appearance. If they made a child look like John did when he died, that would probably be an issue during daytime.

six
Member Avatar

Can't say I've seen a primetime show that had a baby die, period, besides something like a day character on ER (not saying it's never happened though). Good point about Zach having head injuries. I was thinking about how they did it with him because he's the only other soap child death that I remember. I know Marlena lost a child, but don't know how they handled those scenes.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jun 6 2009, 08:35 PM
Can't say I've seen a primetime show that had a baby die, period, besides something like a day character on ER (not saying it's never happened though). Good point about Zach having head injuries. I was thinking about how they did it with him because he's the only other soap child death that I remember. I know Marlena lost a child, but don't know how they handled those scenes.
They didn't show DJ at all, but he was already dead when she found him.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

daisy132
Jun 6 2009, 02:30 PM
I actually saw Monday's episode, and it was very moving. Everyone did a wonderful job. Alison did well in expressing all of the emotions one would feel in that circumstance. Ari is a wonderful actress, and as much as I absolutely detest the character of Nicole, it is always a treat to see her on screen. Galen tried, he really tried, but again, he was overshadowed... Kudos to Galen for trying though.

I look forward to the scenes between EJ and Sami when she tells him the truth. It is must see TV.

I have to disagree with those who didn't think that KA's performance at Zach's death was not that great. I just saw the clips of his death and funeral. I actually cried. I can tell you that I'm not that emotional when it comes to TV, but those clips did move me. I can't say as much with this storyline. Maybe because we know that Grace isn't Sami's baby has something to do with it. I feel more for Mia as she is the one robbed of being there by her daughter's side while she's sick, and when she'll draw her last breath.
I think we all judge actors through the prism of our personal likes and dislikes, though an outstanding performance usually cannot be denied or can a marked improvement.

I agree that AZ is a very good actress and is able most of the time to make the viewer feel what her part of the scene is conveying. Though at times, I am confused as to just what the writing really wants us to feel. The villain of of the piece rarely has much sympathy, but I get the sense the writing wants us to accord it nevertheless, even if it is unwarranted.

With As, I have already stated I think she is doing a good job with this part of the storyline. She has indeed toned it down, cried real tears and has given us the frozen fear that a parent would feel at a time like this. Where she loses me is when Rafe appears. Too often in the AS/GG scenes I feel that AS tries too hard to sell this implausible story and to make up for GG's flat performance. When one adds the fact that Sami becomes a simpering, wimpering child when this guy is around, it all adds up to a lousy, unappealing pairing. With this heavy emotional story it is unfortunate that he has to be there at all. I would much rather see Sami trying to put up a brave front alone while showing the terror in her eyes than to see her hug a tree.

I do not have the benefit of having seen Monday's show as yet, so I cannot judge in advance. I only can speak to what I have seen happen last week.

Like many others, I look forward to the big reveal to EJ by Sami about their having a child together. It should be fantastic. The raw emotions in this story do not come along very often. I hope these two play every one of them.
Edited by pspcindy, Jun 6 2009, 09:27 PM.

misch
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 6 2009, 01:39 PM
These previews get worse every week, lol. Plus, it seems like they give away exactly what they shouldn't. Two big things happen next week, and they just told both of them. I already knew both things, but still...

I'm not feeling anything from this story either, and for once it doesn't seem to be because of AS. I think the main problem is because the family isn't there, which apparently will be partially remedied next week, but I think it's also because the other actors that are in the scenes aren't selling it at all, except for AZ, and she isn't part of the grieving. They made a huge mistake doing this storyline without Marlena. It's already run for three days and Roman and Caroline haven't shown up at the hospital yet. Why did Will have to go get Roman? Roman knows what's going on. Did Lucas just leave? Where is all her support? The support she has sucks. She's actually acting, and everyone else is just standing around.
:cheers:
i will cheers to that

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply