Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: EJ Sues Sami for Custody of Johnny; June 23rd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jun 10 2009, 09:46 AM (5,113 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features an interview with Ari Zucker.

This week, EJ sues Sami for custody of Johnny because he is so upset with her that she hid the fact that he was Grace's father.

Ari Zucker explains that Nicole's guilt over having switched the babies is "almost to the point" where she wants to admit what she did, "but she knows she can't", because she'd probably have to go to jail.

First, EJ tells Nicole that he was Grace's father. Nicole tries to tell EJ that he shouldn't believe what Sami told him. Zucker says that Nicole "tries to react as she would if she didn't know the truth". Then, EJ convinces Nicole, and Nicole begins to act as though she believes him. Zucker says that Nicole does feel bad for EJ, because he is grieving the loss of a child. "A part of Nicole wants to tell him Grace wasn't his child, but she can't. So she tries to comfort EJ the best she can."

Stefano then reminds Nicole that she can never divulge that Sydney is Sami and EJ's baby. Zucker explains that Stefano tries to calm Nicole down, because their keeping quiet is the only way they can keep Sydney in the family, and it's also the only way they can keep "[Nicole's] marriage and the whole DiMera lifestyle".

After Stefano convinces Nicole to keep quiet, EJ tells Nicole that he's going to sue for custody of Johnny. Nicole finds out this piece of information right before they leave for Grace's funeral. EJ wants to tell Sami about this before the funeral, but Nicole makes him realize he should wait and let Sami grieve first.

However, once they get to the church, EJ goes ahead with his original plan and hands Sami the papers before the funeral begins. Zucker says that "Nicole is in the background. She knows he's doing it, but she can't stop him. It's his decision."

Zucker then describes Nicole's feelings, saying that Nicole "feels absolutely guilty and terrible about this". Sami has just lost Grace, and now EJ is trying to take another of her children. Zucker says that "what Sami is going through is exactly what will happen to Nicole, if not worse, if her secret about Sydney ever gets out." Zucker ends by saying that if anyone took Sydney away from Nicole, Nicole would be "devastated".

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

thanks Ellie!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting the article Ellie!

AZ always gives a good interview. I agree that losing Sydney would be devastating for Nicole. I can't wait for this to unfold!
Liz

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie.

Nicole is so vile. She better get what's coming to her and soon.

ginababe
BANNED

Why is Ari giving this interview? Isn't it about EJ and Sami? Shouldn't it be either Ali or James giving the interview? Was ari the only one available. I would have liked to hear James's take on this.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

ginababe
Jun 10 2009, 10:05 AM
Why is Ari giving this interview? Isn't it about EJ and Sami? Shouldn't it be either Ali or James giving the interview? Was ari the only one available. I would have liked to hear James's take on this.
I was wondering the SAME thing Gina...oh well..I agree,be glad when Nicole goes DOWN

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Okay...first of all...I am actually laughing at the fact that they somehow made this battle for custody of Johnny all about Nicole. Really, SOW? Really?? :huh: So when the baby switch reveal comes about who should they interview about it? Rafe? Chloe? Caroline? :eyeroll:

I'm anxious to see how Sami handles things as the story progresses. And how the Bradys will handle the truth of the situation.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 10 2009, 10:09 AM
Okay...first of all...I am actually laughing at the fact that they somehow made this battle for custody of Johnny all about Nicole. Really, SOW? Really?? :huh: So when the baby switch reveal comes about who should they interview about it? Rafe? Chloe? Caroline? :eyeroll:

I'm anxious to see how Sami handles things as the story progresses. And how the Bradys will handle the truth of the situation.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!
ITA. This is a really good example of why people talk about AZ over saturation. This is the catalyst for Nicole's redemption, but the article should've been called "Nicole helps Sami" or something, since it really is about her. I am interested in seeing how this plays out, though.
Edited by six, Jun 10 2009, 10:22 AM.

Ellie

ginababe
Jun 10 2009, 10:05 AM
Why is Ari giving this interview? Isn't it about EJ and Sami? Shouldn't it be either Ali or James giving the interview? Was ari the only one available.
She might have been! I mean, Ali's very busy with Biggest Loser and EASactive and all her other commitments. No idea about James, but I know SOD and SOW usually just interview whoever from the story is available and willing.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

it not first time

just few weeks ago that was SOD and SOW Lucas Remembers

but yet only nadia Bjorlin was interview
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

This sounds good. EJ is such an asshole. Maybe if he wasn't such a psycho prick, Sami and Nicole wouldn't have to lie all the time. Oh, and maybe they interviewed Ari because the story is all about the consequences of Nicole's actions, and not "all about Ejami". Thanks for posting!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I look forward to watching Nicole feel guilty for what she's done..it makes her more human...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nicole Walker

I love this. I can't wait to see how Nicole will put her life back together. The writers are obviously being careful how they write her as to not ruin any redemption she could get.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i'm glad he sues for custody. honestly, if i put myself in ej's place, i would do the same. maybe it's a cruel thing to do at a time like this, but i can definitely understand his anger, and his wanting to punish sami for lying about grace by taking johnny. and really, the fact that she was planning on letting rafe adopt grace just makes what ej is doing that much more justified. can you imagine what sami would do if ej took her child without her knowledge and let nicole adopt it? it's just insane how sami can't seem to put herself in another person's shoes. it was the same thing with her justifications for lying to ej about grace. it always boggled my mind that it never occured to sami that her own children could have been taken from her based on the awful things she has done in her life(some of them to will, even). so her using the excuse that ej and stefano were 'bad people' never flew with me at all.

Manda1

aimees76
Jun 10 2009, 10:34 AM
This sounds good. EJ is such an asshole. Maybe if he wasn't such a psycho prick, Sami and Nicole wouldn't have to lie all the time. Oh, and maybe they interviewed Ari because the story is all about the consequences of Nicole's actions, and not "all about Ejami". Thanks for posting!
You took the post right off my fingertips :smile: Ari was interviewed because the storyline is now about Nicole, Ejole and her secret. This week we hear in the daily episodes what EJ thinks about the whole thing with Sami there isn't really a need for further comment from him in an article [the day ahead today sums up what he's going to do]. For Sami she is no longer 'hiding' anything because she has come clean to EJ about what she did. Her next focus will be trying to get Johnny back and poking around in Rafe's past etc...

I don't think that EJ taking Johnny isn't the big story the story [been there done that] it is about how this action from him impacts on Nicole and her secret. I think that the lead story is going to be Nicole, Stephano, Mia, Brady and Dr Baker when he returns. They are the only ones who know that Nicole didn't give birth to Sydney [Brady and Mia know part of the story they think Sydney is Mia's baby] and Nicole, Stephano and Dr Baker know the whole ''truth' or 'lie' depends on how you look at it.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This sounds very good and I look forward to the scenes. James and Ali will really bring it with this material and so should Ari.

Normally, I would bash the hell out of EJ for serving Sami with papers at the funeral but I can understand his motivation. He's hurt and taking out on her and being driven by his anger. Neither he nor Sami is in their right mind right now. Raw emotion is driving all of this and that is what makes it compelling.

As for Ari giving the interview, it's likely she was the only one around. AS and JS always seem to talk when available.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

luvpumpkns
Jun 10 2009, 11:00 AM
i'm glad he sues for custody. honestly, if i put myself in ej's place, i would do the same. maybe it's a cruel thing to do at a time like this, but i can definitely understand his anger, and his wanting to punish sami for lying about grace by taking johnny. and really, the fact that she was planning on letting rafe adopt grace just makes what ej is doing that much more justified. can you imagine what sami would do if ej took her child without her knowledge and let nicole adopt it? it's just insane how sami can't seem to put herself in another person's shoes. it was the same thing with her justifications for lying to ej about grace. it always boggled my mind that it never occured to sami that her own children could have been taken from her based on the awful things she has done in her life(some of them to will, even). so her using the excuse that ej and stefano were 'bad people' never flew with me at all.
EXACTLY. EJ is doing the logical thing here. And as AS pointed out in that other article, Sami wanted EJ to hate her. Well, this is a consequence of Sami wanting EJ to hate her. He now has no qualms about seeing that their son is in his full custody.

And I understand that AZ obviously sympathizes with her character and everything, but all of this stuff about Nicole's guilt just makes me roll my eyes because I'm sorry but I don't feel bad for Nicole at all if she has to feel guilty about all the awful things she's done.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

IMissAremid
Jun 10 2009, 11:17 AM
luvpumpkns
Jun 10 2009, 11:00 AM
EXACTLY. EJ is doing the logical thing here. And as AS pointed out in that other article, Sami wanted EJ to hate her. Well, this is a consequence of Sami wanting EJ to hate her. He now has no qualms about seeing that their son is in his full custody.

And I understand that AZ obviously sympathizes with her character and everything, but all of this stuff about Nicole's guilt just makes me roll my eyes because I'm sorry but I don't feel bad for Nicole at all if she has to feel guilty about all the awful things she's done.

I totally agree. As much as I like Ari Zucker and think her performance as Nicole is outstanding - I am having a hard time maintaining any real sympathy for the character.

Ultimately, she can wallow in guilt - but she wouldn't have to if she'd simply tell the truth. Yeah...it sucks to be her at the moment, but something tells me she's not suffering anywhere near as much as Sami or EJ are. And she has the power to stop it, but won't.

aimees76
Member Avatar

See, and thats so funny because I can't seem to muster up any sympathy for EJ. Huh. :P
Edited by aimees76, Jun 10 2009, 12:36 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

aimees76
Jun 10 2009, 12:35 PM
See, and thats so funny because I can't seem to muster up any sympathy for EJ. Huh. :P
I can't either. As a matter of fact, I despise him more by the day. I think I might have sympathized with him at one point, but that's long gone.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply