Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: EJ Sues Sami for Custody of Johnny; June 23rd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jun 10 2009, 09:46 AM (5,169 Views)
SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

aimees76
Jun 10 2009, 12:35 PM
See, and thats so funny because I can't seem to muster up any sympathy for EJ. Huh. :P
Seriously? I mean, I know you're not a fan of the character...but you honestly don't feel he was a victim in this?

I feel for both EJ and Sami in this whole mess, even though they've both acted like tools at one time or another. But I definitely see them as the ultimate victims to Nicole's manipulation.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Faye

luvpumpkns
Jun 10 2009, 11:00 AM
totally agree. As much as I like Ari Zucker and think her performance as Nicole is outstanding - I am having a hard time maintaining any real sympathy for the character.

[Nicole is genuinely grieving and feels guilty cause of the things she's done - I am a Nicole fan, yes, but she has to face the consequences. EJ and Sami have rights to be angry at her etc.
But lets not forget that there's Sami. The woman who also lied and kept things from EJ. She would've not told EJ the truth, if Grace would still be alive, so that's about the honesty. Back to my point, how can you not feel any sympathy for Nicole, if you feel it for Sami? Sami also did horrible things, but it seems, imo, that you talk about them, well you don't even mention them, it's like no big deal! When Sami does something, people just overlook it, but when Nicole ''the bad girl'' does something, it's huuge!! '
And really, when Sami told EJ the truth, she blamed it all on Nicole! Typical Sami! Nothing's ever her fault! Nicole took Sydney, BUT not telling EJ the truth, that was Sami's OWN decision. No one else's!

Both of them did wrong. Period.
Edited by Faye, Jun 10 2009, 12:44 PM.

six
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 10 2009, 11:17 AM
luvpumpkns
i'm glad he sues for custody. honestly, if i put myself in ej's place, i would do the same. maybe it's a cruel thing to do at a time like this, but i can definitely understand his anger, and his wanting to punish sami for lying about grace by taking johnny. and really, the fact that she was planning on letting rafe adopt grace just makes what ej is doing that much more justified. can you imagine what sami would do if ej took her child without her knowledge and let nicole adopt it? it's just insane how sami can't seem to put herself in another person's shoes. it was the same thing with her justifications for lying to ej about grace. it always boggled my mind that it never occured to sami that her own children could have been taken from her based on the awful things she has done in her life(some of them to will, even). so her using the excuse that ej and stefano were 'bad people' never flew with me at all.
EXACTLY. EJ is doing the logical thing here. And as AS pointed out in that other article, Sami wanted EJ to hate her. Well, this is a consequence of Sami wanting EJ to hate her. He now has no qualms about seeing that their son is in his full custody.

And I understand that AZ obviously sympathizes with her character and everything, but all of this stuff about Nicole's guilt just makes me roll my eyes because I'm sorry but I don't feel bad for Nicole at all if she has to feel guilty about all the awful things she's done.

Yea, one thing I'll give AZ credit for is that she definitely works hard for her character in these articles, but Nicole doesn't get any sympathy for me, either. This might be the story of three flawed people, but Nicole should feel guilty for setting this all in motion. She's not the one who's losing out here, and she's not feeling guilty enough to give up Sydney, so if anything, she should feel worse than she does.

Why should anyone feel sympathetic toward Nicole? She's even said herself that she has everything she wanted. She might feel guilty, and as well she should. She is a criminal, after all.
Edited by six, Jun 10 2009, 12:47 PM.

Faye

SocRMum1
Jun 10 2009, 12:40 PM
I feel for both EJ and Sami in this whole mess, even though they've both acted like tools at one time or another. But I definitely see them as the ultimate victims to Nicole's manipulation.
You think that it was Nicole who manipulated Sami into lying to EJ? :blink:

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
aimees76
See, and thats so funny because I can't seem to muster up any sympathy for EJ. Huh. :P
Seriously? I mean, I know you're not a fan of the character...but you honestly don't feel he was a victim in this?

He's not a sympathetic victim. And if he weren't such a tool in the first place, maybe people wouldn't feel the need to lie to him about such important things. I just can't take his pompous attitude much longer. I'm ready for him to take after Stefano and start dying every other year.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

Faye
Jun 10 2009, 12:47 PM
SocRMum1
No - not at all. Sami owns that completely.

But Nicole has manipulated the situation so that we now have two people broken hearted and grieving for a baby that wasn't theirs. Not to mention Mia - who is grieving for a baby she doesn't know was hers.

My point was simply that while Nicole is on her knees in the chapel begging God to punish her and not Grace it fell flat - because she surely doesn't mean it. If she did, she'd step forward and be honest about Sydney's parentage.

Faye

SocRMum1
Jun 10 2009, 12:58 PM
Faye
Jun 10 2009, 12:47 PM
SocRMum1
No - not at all. Sami owns that completely.

But Nicole has manipulated the situation so that we now have two people broken hearted and grieving for a baby that wasn't theirs. Not to mention Mia - who is grieving for a baby she doesn't know was hers.

My point was simply that while Nicole is on her knees in the chapel begging God to punish her and not Grace it fell flat - because she surely doesn't mean it. If she did, she'd step forward and be honest about Sydney's parentage.
Okay I misunderstood that :) I also think that it's about time for Nicole to tell the truth.

Ponz
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
aimees76

The fact that he's a murdering torturing rapist might have something to do with it.

michelle
Member Avatar

EJ is certainly NOT the only asshole here.

Please. This town is full of them.

I love Sami but she could have at least told him prior to her death.
Edited by michelle, Jun 10 2009, 01:05 PM.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Ponz
Jun 10 2009, 01:03 PM
SocRMum1
aimees76

The fact that he's a murdering torturing rapist might have something to do with it.
*diing* *ding* *ding* And we have a winner!

michelle
Member Avatar

Here we go again!

I need IMISSAREMID'S cartoon graphic - "not this shit again!" - where can I get it?
Edited by michelle, Jun 10 2009, 01:14 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

michelle
Jun 10 2009, 01:09 PM
Here we go again!

I need IMISSAREMID'S cartoon graphic - "not this shit again!" - where can I get it?
LOL - exactly!

I'm sure there will be people that will always hate EJ - no matter what he does or what is done to him. And for that reason, they'll never see him as a victim in any story. That was all I was trying to clarify.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Well thats just the thing, after all that EJ has done, no, I cannot sympathize with him at all. I cannot see him as a victim, or that anything done to him is unjust because I just think that he deserves everything that is coming to him and more. Yes, I was really enjoying him with Nicole for a while there, but clearly the writers have decided to go back to making him evil and the main villain of the show, and that is fine by me, too. I feel sorry for Nicole, and I feel sorry for Sami, but I will never feel sorry for EJ.

Its funny, too, because I keep seeing posts about how Nicole will never be redeemed, and that what she has done is completely unforgivable .... yet those of us who will never forgive EJ for what he has done (1000x more than Nicole) are beating a dead horse for not getting over it and whatever .. I mean, come on. Ejamis are NEVER going to get over Nicole stealing Sydney, either. I wonder how long she will be referred to as the thief or the psycho, or nasty comments made about her mole. Maybe if she gets paired with Brady, she will suddenly have new fans, but the second she glances in EJ's direction again ... all heck will break loose. I mean really, let's just be real, shall we? No one's bias is any worse than anyone else's.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Sounds like some good stuff happening; this story really needed to move.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

pspcindy
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie!

I have one question. Why the hell is Nicole doing all the talking in this article about EJ suing Sami for custody of their child!

Where is EJ and where is Sami?

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

aimees76
Jun 10 2009, 01:55 PM
Well thats just the thing, after all that EJ has done, no, I cannot sympathize with him at all. I cannot see him as a victim, or that anything done to him is unjust because I just think that he deserves everything that is coming to him and more. Yes, I was really enjoying him with Nicole for a while there, but clearly the writers have decided to go back to making him evil and the main villain of the show, and that is fine by me, too. I feel sorry for Nicole, and I feel sorry for Sami, but I will never feel sorry for EJ.

Its funny, too, because I keep seeing posts about how Nicole will never be redeemed, and that what she has done is completely unforgivable .... yet those of us who will never forgive EJ for what he has done (1000x more than Nicole) are beating a dead horse for not getting over it and whatever .. I mean, come on. Ejamis are NEVER going to get over Nicole stealing Sydney, either. I wonder how long she will be referred to as the thief or the psycho, or nasty comments made about her mole. Maybe if she gets paired with Brady, she will suddenly have new fans, but the second she glances in EJ's direction again ... all heck will break loose. I mean really, let's just be real, shall we? No one's bias is any worse than anyone else's.
I agree with you on this. I realize there are people that hate characters and no matter what type of redemption is written, it won't change. And to be honest, I find it refreshing when people are just as upfront about it as you are - you hate EJ, that ain't gonna change. Period.

For me, I don't think there is any character that I just flat out hate that much (yet). I don't like certain aspects of characters, and my couple bias will certainly affect whether I like certain characters during certain times in the story writing. I was a Nicole fan prior to sexavator...and I look forward to be a fan of hers again. I will never, ever, ever want her anywhere near EJ or Sydney once the truth comes out but they can put her just about anywhere else on the canvas and I'll be good with that. I went through a period where I despised Lucas (and I'll bet you can guess when that might have been ;) ) but I don't mind him now, for the most part. I really wish they'd do more with him and get him out of that awful Luloe mess...as long as they don't try to pair him with Sami again. :lol: I don't have enough interest in Rafe to say whether I will like him once he's out of Sami's orbit, but it could happen. I don't even really hate him right now. He's just sort of taking up space on the screen for me. :shrug:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Faye
Jun 10 2009, 12:43 PM
luvpumpkns
totally agree. As much as I like Ari Zucker and think her performance as Nicole is outstanding - I am having a hard time maintaining any real sympathy for the character.

[Nicole is genuinely grieving and feels guilty cause of the things she's done - I am a Nicole fan, yes, but she has to face the consequences. EJ and Sami have rights to be angry at her etc.
But lets not forget that there's Sami. The woman who also lied and kept things from EJ. She would've not told EJ the truth, if Grace would still be alive, so that's about the honesty. Back to my point, how can you not feel any sympathy for Nicole, if you feel it for Sami? Sami also did horrible things, but it seems, imo, that you talk about them, well you don't even mention them, it's like no big deal! When Sami does something, people just overlook it, but when Nicole ''the bad girl'' does something, it's huuge!! '
And really, when Sami told EJ the truth, she blamed it all on Nicole! Typical Sami! Nothing's ever her fault! Nicole took Sydney, BUT not telling EJ the truth, that was Sami's OWN decision. No one else's!

Both of them did wrong. Period.
Well here's why I can feel some sympathy for Sami and not Nicole whatsoever right now. Sami is actually suffering for her decision to keep the truth from EJ, while Nicole is on the top of the world because of her lies.

I was as hard as anyone on this board on Sami for keeping EJ's kid from him and going along with Rafe's adoption idea, but now that the cat is out of the bag Sami is having to face the consequences of her lying and she is now rootable again for me.

Maybe Nicole can be rootable (and sympathetic) again for me when I get to see Mia slap her across the face, or I get to see EJ throw her ass out of the DiMansion, or I get to see Sami taunt Nicole while she's stuck behind bars. Not til then though... her sobbing over the sad situation she herself has created and that the perfect fantasy she laid out when she decided to play God with these babies didn't turn out as perfect as she hoped are just crocodile tears of self-pity as far as I'm concerned.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

michelle
Jun 10 2009, 01:09 PM
Here we go again!

LOL. Googling "not this shit again" will get you what you want, but just for future reference here's a nice assortment for all your not this shit again debating needs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the original...

Posted Image

;)

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 10 2009, 11:24 PM
I was as hard as anyone on this board on Sami for keeping EJ's kid from him and going along with Rafe's adoption idea, but now that the cat is out of the bag Sami is having to face the consequences of her lying and she is now rootable again for me.

my problem with that is that sami really won't have to face the consequences of her lying. we all know ej isn't going to end up taking johnny, in fact, last i heard, he was going to magically realize that all the awful things sami said about him were true, and that she had the right to keep grace from him. then of course, we also all know sami will eventually get sydey back. she's the supposed heroine in this story, not nicole. we all know nicole will be thrown out of the mansion and we all know ej and sami will have a field day with her. nothing bad is going to happen to sami at the end of this storyline. nicole is a different story. that's why it's much easier for me to sympathize with nicole...well, that, and the fact that i'm fairly certain smirking and glaring won't be a part of nicole's emotions when she finally is confronted with the truth. that being said, while i do sympathize with nicole over sami, i do find them both to be sorry pieces of crap in general....i just usually root for those kind of characters.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Jun 11 2009, 07:54 AM.

ilovemydays

aimees76
Jun 10 2009, 01:06 PM
Ponz
Jun 10 2009, 01:03 PM
SocRMum1
aimees76

*diing* *ding* *ding* And we have a winner!

Ponz, that is exactly how I would have felt if Sami had lied to keep JOHNNY away from EJ. If Sami jumped through hoops to keep their child, conceived in an act of cruelty, out of the hands of the bio-father I would have cheered her on. I might even be a fan of the character today if she had done that. But no, Sami forgave her abuser and slept with him (true, she only thought he changed because he was living a lie) when she conceived their daughter.

What is just as sickening as Sami willingly bedding her abuser is that the only reason she kept her daughter from EJ was to hurt him for being with a woman she despises. Stefano and all of the things EJ did afterward were just the excuses she used to justify it her lies.

Sami's waiting to tell EJ that he had a daughter and that she had died without his ever having held her would have been sweet punishment if the child had been conceived the way Johnny had been and if Sami had always felt that EJ was a terrible an and cruel father.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply