Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: EJ Sues Sami for Custody of Johnny; June 23rd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jun 10 2009, 09:46 AM (5,168 Views)
Dallas812

Thanks for the info
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Livie

well if sydney ended up dying as the baby sami thinks of as hers did, then i would say nicole got punished. saying nothing has happened or will happen bad to sami is kind of wtf??? if your baby died would you say nothing bad ever happened to you?

i do not think anything ej does will be the reason he does not get johnny. i think rafe is going to find out both nicole and mias secret, and i do not see him keeping it underwraps. nicole just now told him he is a straight arrow guy. that is what he is. we may not like it, and want him to be something underhanded, but i think he is exactly what he appears to be.
Edited by Livie, Jun 11 2009, 09:38 PM.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

laptop
Jun 11 2009, 09:36 PM
well if sydney ended up dying as the baby sami thinks of as hers did, then i would say nicole got punished. saying nothing has happened or will happen bad to sami is kind of wtf??? if your baby died would you say nothing bad ever happened to you?

i guess what i meant by saying that nothing bad will happen to her is that sami isn't going to have to face any direct consequences from her actions. yes, grace dying is horrible, but that isn't a punishment, because her dying isn't a consequence of anything sami did. i'd rather see sami lose custody of johnny for example(which we all know she won't), or eventually lose rights to sydney(which she also won't). in other words, i want to see some kind of consequence for her that directly relates to the fact that she lied about ej's daughter. grace dying doesn't count as far as i am concerned because it was just a random tragedy. her dying has nothing to do with sami's lie and sami knows it, so she won't learn anything from this experience. i just really want the fact that she has been dishonest about every single pregnancy she has ever had to finally catch up to her for once. ej claiming he'll hate her for the rest of his life just isn't good enough. suing for custody is a great start, but again, i don't think it's really going to go anywhere.
Edited by luvpumpkns, Jun 12 2009, 12:51 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

luvpumpkns
Jun 12 2009, 12:50 PM
laptop

i guess what i meant by saying that nothing bad will happen to her is that sami isn't going to have to face any direct consequences from her actions. yes, grace dying is horrible, but that isn't a punishment, because her dying isn't a consequence of anything sami did. i'd rather see sami lose custody of johnny for example(which we all know she won't), or eventually lose rights to sydney(which she also won't). in other words, i want to see some kind of consequence for her that directly relates to the fact that she lied about ej's daughter. grace dying doesn't count as far as i am concerned because it was just a random tragedy. her dying has nothing to do with sami's lie and sami knows it, so she won't learn anything from this experience. i just really want the fact that she has been dishonest about every single pregnancy she has ever had to finally catch up to her for once. ej claiming he'll hate her for the rest of his life just isn't good enough. suing for custody is a great start, but again, i don't think it's really going to go anywhere.
I understand what you are saying. However, I think for me the fact that Sami has been robbed of her biological daughter, and will continue to be for goodness knows how long, is a form of punishment. And it is a result of her actions in that if she had been honest about her pregnancy from the beginning it is highly unlikely Nicole would have had the opportunity to switch the babies. Had EJ known Sami was pregnant from the start (or...well, at least immediately after Sami knew :lol: ) things would have most certainly played out differently. I don't believe EJ would have just sat back while Sami went off to WP - he would have insisted on being there when the EJamlet was born. Nicole could certainly have still faked her pregnancy after the miscarriage, etc. - but I don't think she would have wound up with Sami and EJ's baby. So I suppose I see that as a pretty high price that Sami is paying. :shrug:

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 12 2009, 01:18 PM
luvpumpkns
laptop

I understand what you are saying. However, I think for me the fact that Sami has been robbed of her biological daughter, and will continue to be for goodness knows how long, is a form of punishment. And it is a result of her actions in that if she had been honest about her pregnancy from the beginning it is highly unlikely Nicole would have had the opportunity to switch the babies. Had EJ known Sami was pregnant from the start (or...well, at least immediately after Sami knew :lol: ) things would have most certainly played out differently. I don't believe EJ would have just sat back while Sami went off to WP - he would have insisted on being there when the EJamlet was born. Nicole could certainly have still faked her pregnancy after the miscarriage, etc. - but I don't think she would have wound up with Sami and EJ's baby. So I suppose I see that as a pretty high price that Sami is paying. :shrug:
that's a good point. hopefully after she intially tears nicole a new one, she'll come to the conclusion that this happened partly because of her own lies. i'd be ok with that.

michelle
Member Avatar

I agree Sheri. If she gets Sydney back at the end of year (maybe) or beginning of next she will have missed the entire first year of her child's life. That is a HUGE punishment as she can never get that back. She'll have missed the first sitting up, the first crawl, the first step and the first word(s) (among others). These are priceless.

Plus, that baby will have already bonded to her two worst enemies in life Nicole and Stefano.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

luvpumpkns
Jun 12 2009, 01:30 PM
SocRMum1
Jun 12 2009, 01:18 PM
luvpumpkns
laptop

that's a good point. hopefully after she intially tears nicole a new one, she'll come to the conclusion that this happened partly because of her own lies. i'd be ok with that.
Agreed. I very much hope there comes a time when both Sami and EJ acknowledge their mistakes that have led them to this point. They have been victims to Nicole's schemes and lies - but their bad choices along the way have certainly been complicent in opening the door for all that's happened.

ilovemydays

If Nicole had not had the babies switched EJ would still be grieving the loss of a daughter he never knew, the only difference would be that the child really would have been his. Circumstance and lies kept Sydney safe with the DiMera's.

While Grace is was not EJ's child, he did lose a daughter, he lost NICOLE'S daughter. EJ just doesn't know it.

While Nicole lies have cost Sami the knowledge of her true daughter IMO it is karma as that is exactly what Sami had planned for EJ, to live in the same town as her child and never know it.

Edited by ilovemydays, Jun 12 2009, 02:21 PM.

michelle
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Jun 12 2009, 02:19 PM
While Nicole lies have cost Sami the knowledge of her true daughter IMO it is karma as that is exactly what Sami had planned for EJ, to live in the same town as her child and never know it.

Excellent point!

I will always love Sami, but I hate her for this.
Edited by michelle, Jun 12 2009, 02:35 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
If Nicole had not had the babies switched EJ would still be grieving the loss of a daughter he never knew, the only difference would be that the child really would have been his. Circumstance and lies kept Sydney safe with the DiMera's.

While Grace is was not EJ's child, he did lose a daughter, he lost NICOLE'S daughter. EJ just doesn't know it.
Huh? How do you figure? Are you saying there was a bacterial meningitis germ lurking around Sami that would have infected whatever infant she had? :blink: Somehow I don't think it works quite like that. :shrug:

And you are right - EJ did lose his daughter with Nicole. And her refusal to tell him about that and then faking her pregnancy and scheming to pass off a different child in it's place is no less cruel than Sami's lie. Neither one of them are blameless - and while Sami may be suffering her karma now, Nicole's likely isn't too far behind.

ilovemydays

SocRMum1
Jun 12 2009, 03:21 PM
ilovemydays

Huh? How do you figure? Are you saying there was a bacterial meningitis germ lurking around Sami that would have infected whatever infant she had? :blink: Somehow I don't think it works quite like that. :shrug:

And you are right - EJ did lose his daughter with Nicole. And her refusal to tell him about that and then faking her pregnancy and scheming to pass off a different child in it's place is no less cruel than Sami's lie. Neither one of them are blameless - and while Sami may be suffering her karma now, Nicole's likely isn't too far behind.

Actually it does work like that. It was an unfortunate and possibly unpreventable but Grace was exposed to bacterial meningitis while in Sami's care. Had Sydney, not Grace been in the same places Sydney would have been the one to be exposed, therefore Sydney would have been the one to die.

That is why Stefano said, "There but for the grace of God and Nicole's cunning..."

I think Nicole's lie was a cruel thing to do to Sami but it was actually a GENEROUS thing she did for EJ. Thanks to Nicole Sydney is alive, well and living with her father.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Jun 12 2009, 03:39 PM
SocRMum1
ilovemydays

Actually it does work like that. It was an unfortunate and possibly unpreventable but Grace was exposed to bacterial meningitis while in Sami's care. Had Sydney, not Grace been in the same places Sydney would have been the one to be exposed, therefore Sydney would have been the one to die.

That is why Stefano said, "There but for the grace of God and Nicole's cunning..."

I think Nicole's lie was a cruel thing to do to Sami but it was actually a GENEROUS thing she did for EJ. Thanks to Nicole Sydney is alive, well and living with her father.

I just think that's a very big assumption. Who is to say one child might not be more susceptible than another? If being exposed is a sure thing to developing the illness then child care centers, etc. would have sweeping deaths within a day or so in just one exposure. I'm no expert - but I don't think it's accurate to automatically assume that what happened to Grace would have happened to any other child in the same household/environment.

And I doubt EJ will concur with your theory that Nicole was being generous to him in her lies and deceptions. At the time she strapped on the fake baby belly she had absolutely no clue that Sami was pregnant. She fully intended to pass a random child off as theirs. The fact that she was able to grab Sami's newborn to swap with the one she had procured was happenstance...and unfortunate writing. :P

ilovemydays

SocRMum1
Jun 12 2009, 03:55 PM
ilovemydays
Jun 12 2009, 03:39 PM
SocRMum1
ilovemydays

I just think that's a very big assumption. Who is to say one child might not be more susceptible than another? If being exposed is a sure thing to developing the illness then child care centers, etc. would have sweeping deaths within a day or so in just one exposure. I'm no expert - but I don't think it's accurate to automatically assume that what happened to Grace would have happened to any other child in the same household/environment.

And I doubt EJ will concur with your theory that Nicole was being generous to him in her lies and deceptions. At the time she strapped on the fake baby belly she had absolutely no clue that Sami was pregnant. She fully intended to pass a random child off as theirs. The fact that she was able to grab Sami's newborn to swap with the one she had procured was happenstance...and unfortunate writing. :P

It is not an assumption but a FACT to say that infants and small children are more susceptible. If you were comparing an infant with an adult you would have a point.

In RL anyone that had recent intimate or direct exposure to Grace with would be at increased risk for contracting meningococcal disease and should have receive prophylactic medication.

I'm not going to hold my breath on how EJ will react. For all I know he will find Nicole's actions adorable.

Edited by ilovemydays, Jun 12 2009, 05:21 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

SocRMum1
ilovemydays

That reminds me... meningitis is actually supposed to be hugely contagious, right? Shouldn't everyone who came in contact with Grace come in contact with it and especially Allie and Johnny have been tested for it?

Ugh DOOL writers.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

IMissAremid
Jun 12 2009, 07:24 PM
SocRMum1
ilovemydays

That reminds me... meningitis is actually supposed to be hugely contagious, right? Shouldn't everyone who came in contact with Grace come in contact with it and especially Allie and Johnny have been tested for it?

Ugh DOOL writers.
Yes, and it bothered me that they didn't address that. The scene with Will holding Grace was incredibly poignant but I kept thinking he wouldn't be permitted to be around her, surely. Sami's children and Mia should definitely have been tested, I would think. But as usual with Days writers, they pick a disease/illness that suits their immediate purpose then don't follow up. I doubt we'll be hearing much more about Stefano's diabetes now that it isn't necessary to the plot.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

As I work for a family practice doctor, I am going to paste some facts about bacterail meningitis here.

Where is bacterial meningitis found?

Bacterial meningitis is found worldwide. The bacteria often live harmlessly in a person's mouth and throat. In rare instances, however, they can break through the body's immune defenses and travel to the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. There they begin to multiply quickly. Soon, the thin membrane that covers the brain and spinal cord (meninges) becomes swollen and inflamed, leading to the classic symptoms of meningitis.

How do people get bacterial meningitis?

The bacteria are spread by direct close contact with the discharges from the nose or throat of an infected person. Fortunately, none of the bacteria that cause meningitis are very contagious, and they are not spread by casual contact or by simply breathing the air where a person with meningitis has been.

What are the signs and symptoms of bacterial meningitis?

In persons over age 2, common symptoms are high fever, headache, and stiff neck. These symptoms can develop over several hours, or they may take 1 to 2 days. Other symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, sensitivity to light, confusion, and sleepiness. In advanced disease, bruises develop under the skin and spread quickly.

In newborns and infants, the typical symptoms of fever, headache, and neck stiffness may be hard to detect. Other signs in babies might be inactivity, irritability, vomiting, and poor feeding.

As the disease progresses, patients of any age can have seizures.

How can bacterial meningitis be prevented?

Vaccines -- There are vaccines against Hib, some strains of Neisseria meningitidis, and many types of Streptococcus pneumoniae.
The vaccines against Hib are very safe and highly effective. By age 6 months of age, every infant should receive at least three doses of an Hib vaccine. A fourth dose (booster) should be given to children between 12 and 18 months of age.

The vaccine against Neisseria meningitidis (meningococcal vaccine) is not routinely used in civilians in the United States and is relatively ineffective in children under age 2 years. The vaccine is sometimes used to control outbreaks of some types of meningococcal meningitis in the United States. New meningococcal vaccines are under development.

The vaccine against Streptococcal pneumoniae (pneumococcal vaccine) is not effective in persons under age 2 years but is recommended for all persons over age 65 and younger persons with certain medical problems. New pneumococcal vaccines are under development.

Disease reporting -- Cases of bacterial meningitis should be reported to state or local health authorities so that they can follow and treat close contacts of patients and recognize outbreaks.
Antibiotics for contacts of a person with Hib disease are no longer recommended if all contacts 4 years of age or younger are fully vaccinated.

As Will and the twins are at the age that they have received their Hib vaccines, they were not at risk. The DOOL writers were pretty "right one" on this story all the way.

michelle
Member Avatar

LorrieOw
Jun 12 2009, 08:48 PM
The DOOL writers were pretty "right one" on this story all the way.
Quite shocking isn't it!

Thanks for the info!

ilovemydays

LorrieOw

Antibiotics for contacts of a person with Hib disease are no longer recommended if all contacts 4 years of age or younger are fully vaccinated.

As Will and the twins are at the age that they have received their Hib vaccines, they were not at risk. The DOOL writers were pretty "right one" on this story all the way.

That would be true if the strain that Grace had was definitely HIB but she could have had another strain of bacterial meningitis such as Neisseria meningitidis, Streptococcus pneumoniae or Neisseria meningitidis.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Jun 12 2009, 05:19 PM

It is not an assumption but a FACT to say that infants and small children are more susceptible. If you were comparing an infant with an adult you would have a point.

I get that newborns and infants are more susceptible. But my point was, if we follow your logic, EVERY infant exposed to the virus would definitely catch it and die. I don't think that's the case. I believe circumstances vary even with individual infants. Otherwise, as I mentioned, daycare centers and hospital nurseries would be wiped out by having a single infant that has been exposed...all the other babies would succumb as well.

Therefore, it's a very big assumption that had Sami been raising her biological daughter she would have definitely suffered the same fate as Grace.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

ilovemydays
Jun 12 2009, 10:05 PM
LorrieOw

That would be true if the strain that Grace had was definitely HIB but she could have had another strain of bacterial meningitis such as Neisseria meningitidis, Streptococcus pneumoniae or Neisseria meningitidis.
Agreed, but Hib is the most common one, and I would not expect the writers to go any deeper with different stains. I thought the research and how this was written out was pretty accurate.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply