Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW: A Closer Look: Mia; June 23rd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jun 10 2009, 09:57 AM (1,489 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOW features an interview with Taylor Spreitler.

As the week begins, Kinsey tells Mia that she's run into one of Mia's old friends, Chad Peterson. Taylor Spreitler says that "Mia's heart just drops", because Mia thought that "all of the baby stuff" was finished, but now she'll have to deal with it again.

Mia later goes back to work, and Kinsey taunts her again. She continues to ask Mia questions about Chad, and Mia continues to tell Kinsey it's none of her business. Then Kinsey tells Mia, 'I guess you'll never know when Chad will walk through that door', and Spreitler explains that "it's a scary thing for Mia to think of".

Chad does show up, and Spreitler says that when Mia sees Chad, "It's one of those moments where you really don't know what to do." Spreitler also clarifies that Chad had no idea Mia was pregnant: "He and Mia broke up before she even left school."

Spreitler describes Chad as "this very smug, confident, cool kid." She says that "he has this thing where you hate him and love him at the same time."

SOW asks Spreitler how Chad's arrival will relate to Will and Mia's relationship. Spreitler answers that the audience is rooting for Will and Mia, because "they think Will and Mia are a supercouple and adorable together".

SOW concludes by asking Spreitler how it feels to be "at the center of this triangle". Spreitler says, "It's weird when you have two guys fighting over you, but it's really cool, too. Most days, it puts a smile on my face."

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Thanks Ellie..I usually do not care for the teens..but there is something so sweet about Will and MIa...leave it to Higley to throw a third party into them right away..

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Easy Taylor on the supercouple proclamation LOL. Will and Mia have potential and are a cute little couple but they aren't quite on that level yet. It takes time and I kind of hope they stay clear of the supercouple label with any of these new couples. I don't want to see history repeat itself.

I'm glad they are bringing Chad into this. They introduced the father of Mia's baby early on as someone who was sort of another piece to this puzzle so they had to bring him on. I'm interested in seeing what he does and how he impacts the baby switch stuff.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

That's what I was thinking too. Supercouple? LOL. Just because they are the only permanent teens on the canvas doesn't make them a supercouple, Taylor. I wonder if that's the garbage Corday tells her? LOL.

Still, I think these two are cute and I don't have a problem with this Chad guy showing up. I'd guess he has a role to play in the baby switch being unraveled.

jane1978

Taylor is smart, she knows the best way to secure her job is support Will and Mia as much as possible. Will as Samiīs son is an important character so as long as Mia is his GF she is fine. Nobody would care about her romance with Chad.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

jane1978
Jun 10 2009, 11:31 AM
Taylor is smart, she knows the best way to secure her job is support Will and Mia as much as possible. Will as Samiīs son is an important character so as long as Mia is his GF she is fine. Nobody would care about her romance with Chad.
I get that. I know she is just selling the story but it's way too early to throw out the label LOL. They haven't even kissed yet. She should've just said they are becoming a big now as a couple or that they have potential to be the next supercouple. The fact she is already declaring them that is a bit...premature LOL. She should at least wait until after the first kiss :laugh: .

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
Jun 10 2009, 11:33 AM
jane1978
Jun 10 2009, 11:31 AM
I get that. I know she is just selling the story but it's way too early to throw out the label LOL. They haven't even kissed yet. She should've just said they are becoming a big now as a couple or that they have potential to be the next supercouple. The fact she is already declaring them that is a bit...premature LOL. She should at least wait until after the first kiss :laugh: .
Oh, Ia gree. But I donīt think she knows how passionate some fans are about the world and itīs meaning. She probably heard it elsewhere, or someone told her at the fan event and she used it. Taylor is what? 16? And Mia 15? I doubt she and Will be together forever. :D

Anyway, I think it was really smart decision to keep Mia and not creating some cliché soap teen as a girlfriend for Will. It gives them something to play about beside the usual teen stories about drugs and hormons and it connect their story with the rest of the canvas.

I also hope Mia and Melanie will become friends now when they will live together. I think Mia and Mel would have great sister chemistry together and they would be a lot of fun, especially because they are so different.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm happy for Chad's arrival. I hope the actor is decent.

Quote:

SOW asks Spreitler how Chad's arrival will relate to Will and Mia's relationship. Spreitler answers that the audience is rooting for Will and Mia, because "they think Will and Mia are a supercouple and adorable together".

Supercouple? Really, Taylor? Don't you think you're getting a little too ahead of yourself?

I, for one, don't see any chemistry or potential in Will and Mia as a couple. I'm growing to like both actors and both characters, but together, they do nothing for me. I think Dylan Patton has better chemistry with the actress playing Kinsey, who I really hope they turn into the Jan Spears of this new generation. I think she has more potential than Mia.

daysfan
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jun 10 2009, 12:05 PM
I'm happy for Chad's arrival. I hope the actor is decent.

Quote:

Supercouple? Really, Taylor? Don't you think you're getting a little too ahead of yourself?

I, for one, don't see any chemistry or potential in Will and Mia as a couple. I'm growing to like both actors and both characters, but together, they do nothing for me. I think Dylan Patton has better chemistry with the actress playing Kinsey, who I really hope they turn into the Jan Spears of this new generation. I think she has more potential than Mia.
I was JUST thinking as I read this article that Kinsey is the new Jan. Mia's not really the Belle per say, but almost like a cross between Chloe and Belle....though whats nice about Mia is she's her own unique character and you can't say she's really anyone. But Will is obviously the new Shawn, Kinsey the new Jan....we'll just have to see how Chad turns out, but I'm excited...I really do enjoy Will/Mia.

However, I also agree with what you and everyone else is saying about the supercouple reference...Will and Mia are more just "young love" right now....DEFINITELY not a supercouple.

And hell, with Days, you never know if they'll even end up a supercouple or not. Mia could ride off in two years(if Days is still around) to London, Will could go with her or they'd go on some cruise, Kinsey could be in a coma, and Chad could just be dead....I see alot of potential and future for Will/Mia, but Days seem to go through its new generation like wild fire these days.

Ellie

jane1978
Jun 10 2009, 11:59 AM
Oh, I agree. But I donīt think she knows how passionate some fans are about the world and itīs meaning. She probably heard it elsewhere, or someone told her at the fan event and she used it.
I was thinking the same thing... she's young and she probably has no idea what that word connotes in the soap world.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

I am really enjoying Taylor as Mia and am surprised by her level of acting. She is acting rings around some of the other younger characters/actors on the show. I do like her and Will and hope for some sort of relationship. They are two of a kind being lost teens thrown together. I am generally not into the teen scene but I do enjoy watching them. My heart is breaking for Mia with this baby story and I so want her to know the feelings she has been feeling for Grace are real and why. Taylor rocks as Mia.

littlemony
Member Avatar
Queen of the Underground

Kinsey is such a little bitch. She's the kind of girl I'd like to punch in the face... def Jan Spears.

Chad sounds kind of like Jeremy Horton. Cocky.

Will and Mia are super cute, but I agree, not Super Couple material.

Are they going to play out high school again?

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

i wonder if mia will ever tell will about her baby, if she does she could just say that she gave it up for adoption. now chad is getting involved in salem. will he go to salem high? or just be there for the summer???????? well if mia doesnt take him back which i hope she doesnt cause i like her with will, then i will take him. hes hott

lastDays
Member Avatar

I'm probably in the minority,but I find Mia quite boring.Will is,also.If this is the best Days could do for summer teen drama,I think the kids will be busy doing other things

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply