Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Stephanie's Downward Spiral; June 23rd issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jun 10 2009, 10:10 AM (2,790 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features an interview with Shelley Hennig.

As the week begins, Philip asks Steph to lie to Bo and Hope about EJ's role in her kidnapping. She's not happy about it, but she does lie to them as he requests. After this, she goes to a doctor to discuss her problems, and the doctor prescribes medication for her. Hennig explains that "[Steph is] thinking that maybe the pills will help. When one isn't working, she takes another, and it takes her mind off of her problems for a little while."

Then, Steph visits with Max, because he's moving to London. Max warns her about Philip. Hennig says that Steph doesn't want to hear this from him, and because she's on the pills, it's easy for her to tune him out. However, Hennig says that when Max tells Steph to be careful, "it's a very sweet moment", because Steph and Max "will always be special to one another" though their romantic relationship did not work out.

After she says goodbye to Max, Steph goes home, and Philip is waiting for her. Henderson gives Philip a note, but they won't tell Steph what it says. She grabs the note and sees it discusses a present for her: a new car as a gift in honor of her college graduation. Hennig does not describe Steph's reaction except to say that Steph is "paranoid" because she's on the pills.

Then, at Grace's funeral, Steph is prepared to confront EJ. Hennig explains that Steph is torn over whether to "make a scene", but she continues that Steph decides she should talk to EJ, and "she explodes on EJ" at the funeral. "She slaps the hell out of him and it feels really good." Hennig adds that "it's a real slap, by the way. James doesn't like the fake ones."

The article ends by saying that after this, Steph has another panic attack. Hennig says that Steph is "spinning out of control".

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Thanks. It's too bad Grace won't have a peaceful funeral, but these scenes should be pretty good.

LovingDays

omg i can't wait for the funeral i just love stephanie

lastDays
Member Avatar

I am beginning tobelieve that Steph going bonkers is a vehicle for the writers to get rid of her .Her parents are already gone

Keith
Member Avatar

I wasn't crazy about Stephanie going off on EJ at the funeral, but knowing that the pills she's taking are influencing her makes it more interesting and much less about disrespect.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I can't stand Stefanie, but I am going to enjoy watching her slap EJ :D

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I like this.

This whole kidnapping story and now this pills story is really helping the Stephanie character. I've always liked her but they are truly developing her into a true heroine now. She has an edge now and some layers. Hope they keep it up.

That scene of Stephanie and EJ should be intense. I agree with Keith that her being on the pills makes it easier to deal with considering where it's happening at. I may hate Stax but I'm glad Stephanie gets a goodbye with Max. They should have last scenes together.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

This article makes this all sound good. Sounds like the drama at the funeral will be intense.

I just hope SH has the chops to pull this off and the writers do not make me think of "I'm soooo excited... I'm sooo excited.... I'm so sca-hared."

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Poor Grace. She deserves a better funeral than this...

Ellie

DrewHamilton
Jun 10 2009, 12:12 PM
Poor Grace. She deserves a better funeral than this...
lol but when has Days ever NOT had drama at a funeral? Seriously - I can't come up with anything. At John Black's funeral, Stefano came and crashed the party. I think it's all in how they pull it off, balancing whatever big drama there is with the respect needed for such an event. Sometimes I think they do pull it off (John's funeral), most times unfortunately they don't. I think this sounds a little OTT, though we don't know how much time they'll actually devote to baby Grace.

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 10 2009, 11:26 AM
I just hope SH has the chops to pull this off and the writers do not make me think of "I'm soooo excited... I'm sooo excited.... I'm so sca-hared."
:lol:

ahh jesse spano. sorry, but i have to post the caffeine pill freak-out now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bflYjF90t7c
Edited by luvpumpkns, Jun 10 2009, 12:30 PM.

peaches179

This is one of the most boring characters on the show! And that's saying alot.

Thanks,Ellie! :)

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Remember Zack's horrible funeral? Hope slapping Chelsea was completely over the top.

six
Member Avatar

Am I misremembering, or didn't Bo and Patrick also get in a fight and knock Zach's casket off its stand?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

six
Jun 10 2009, 01:36 PM
Am I misremembering, or didn't Bo and Patrick also get in a fight and knock Zach's casket off its stand?
They did. There also seems to be drama at funerals.

I do think the fact that she is under the influence of pills makes it tolerable and, for all we know, she very well may slap him outside or in the back of the church or something.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Stephanie isn't my fave,but I love anyone who slaps EJERK.

doolcrazy
Member Avatar

I am not a fan of SH as Stef and really could care less about her or the stories revolving around her. I really dislike how TPTB seem to zero in on a certain character and focus on them while so many others go wanting. I hope EH does take Stef out. Send her packing just as they did with poor Steve and Kayla. JMO so don't throw tomatoes. LOL

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Jun 10 2009, 10:10 AM
However, Hennig says that when Max tells Steph to be careful, "it's a very sweet moment", because Steph and Max "will always be special to one another" though their romantic relationship did not work out.

Well, at least they're still family.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Paxton
Jun 10 2009, 02:09 PM
Ellie
Jun 10 2009, 10:10 AM
However, Hennig says that when Max tells Steph to be careful, "it's a very sweet moment", because Steph and Max "will always be special to one another" though their romantic relationship did not work out.

Well, at least they're still family.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!
Hee! I know I always fondly remember those moments I spent while dating my uncle.

That is until my dad shot him. :D

rars

I'm wondering if SH will be able to carry off this "pill addiction" on her own. I think she played off Wes Ramsey's OWen character, and together, they made bad writing, and worse settings work. No disrespect intended, but after her rape, her break up with Max, her baby brother's troubled birth, the goal didn't reach the mark. She's improving, but there was a catalyst during the kidnapping that opened up great possibilities in the Stephanie character that have been lacking since her rescue

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply