Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DAYS:Ali blogged about Grace storyline
Topic Started: Jun 10 2009, 03:38 PM (1,680 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

baby Grace storyline
June 09, 11:56 PM

This storyline has brought us so many mixed feelings. We were all so excited to take on the challenge of a story so difficult and painful, and definitely intimidated at the same time. I was so moved reading the scripts. I thought the whole thing was put together so beautifully. Every scene bled into the next, and though it took several days to get through it, it still seemed to move so fast to me.

I loved getting the opportunity to do such emotional scenes with Galen. He is always so fun to work with - but these scenes were different. No one was cracking jokes, we were all so serious all day. One day our director choked up - when he was explaining the scene where Grace's heart monitor starts skips and flatlines. usually, no matter how dramatic or emotional the scenes, we can goof around in the early morning rehearsals and often people try to ease the tension of tough scenes by being light between scenes. Not these. everyone seemed affected by what we were shooting.

Several people on the message boards commented on the scene with Roman. I was struck by that right away. My dad has always been someone I can turn to for any situation, he is such a great dad - always there to try and help me make things better. I'm so lucky to have him. So, in a moment of such utter grief, I totally related to Sami just wanting so desperately for her daddy to be able to make this better. And just falling apart in his arms. it seemed so real for me.

Also, I am definitely an optimist. I always think things are going to work out. Everything is going to be okay. So, those scenes in the chapel, where Sami was saying to Rafe that she felt better - that everything was going to be okay... it made me really see the other side of that. what if it's NOT okay? As Sami said, all the crazy stunts she's pulled just to make sure she gets what she wants... it all seems so trivial int he face of her daughter's health, and knowing there is absolutely nothing she can do to help her.

I can't begin to describe how uniquely affected we all were by this whole storyline. Galen said he was standing off stage during one of the scenes, and he saw our co-ep, Gary Tomlin hand a big crew guy, Brian a tissue. He was literally crying in the darkness backstage.

http://blog.nbc.com/alison/

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

it great she let us in on behind the scenes stuff

she also added this to her fb

Alison Sweeney
i was so exhausted after filming these scenes. I was shooting the BL Finale at the same time, so it was a pretty intense, busy time for me, and i didn't get to see all the other scenes. I came home tonight from BL at 10:15pm, & had to watch today's ep. it was so amazing to see the whole show. Ari was fantastic. Taylor (mia) and Dylan (will) were wonderful. & Galen truly blew me away. Broke my heart.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I love that she is so open to sharing her take on things. She really is a big fan of the show, which is great. :)

Thanks for posting!

jane1978

jeanneshuis
Jun 10 2009, 03:53 PM

Alison Sweeney
i was so exhausted after filming these scenes. I was shooting the BL Finale at the same time, so it was a pretty intense, busy time for me, and i didn't get to see all the other scenes. I came home tonight from BL at 10:15pm, & had to watch today's ep. it was so amazing to see the whole show. Ari was fantastic. Taylor (mia) and Dylan (will) were wonderful. & Galen truly blew me away. Broke my heart.
Thanks. This confirms what I thought. The scenes outside the ICU room were taped different day when Ali wasnīt available and thatīs why we never saw her come out and have scene with Lucas, Mia, or anyone outside.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

IMO, like I expected, Ali did an okay job while Galen did a poor job. Where were the fucking tears? My God, a BABY just died and I'm not seeing shit coming down... wtf?! Tomlin is such an asshole. I'm sure he told them to fake cry so they can get Emmy nods. lol As for Ali, I was expecting sooooooooo much more from her. Like I said, your baby just DIED. SHE'S DEAD, Alison, she's not coming back. Where were the shock, the body shaking, the heart breaking tears? Now when they were in the apt., Alison did a WONDERFUL job when she was by herself. She really sold that scene to me. It was when Rafe went to get the kid from EJ. Overall, out of 10, Galen gets a 4 from me and Alison gets a 7. Ari was on fire. I'll give her a 6 but I should be giving her a 7 too.

*edited*
Edited by Rakesh198, Jun 10 2009, 05:22 PM.

Rakesh198
Member Avatar

You want excellent drama/acting? The DOOL crew should watch these and learn from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEV5HaOCZnY

start this at 1:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PunulDjxqcw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xh7YB7_1m8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy71MIfxUFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8MMeqjuLR0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQkxHhA7N4I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Xvh3fFNYI&feature=related
you can watch the April 29th episode after those two clips.

Red Mist
Member Avatar

Ali and James were outstanding....Emmy!

Cupcake06

Rakesh198
Jun 10 2009, 05:10 PM
IMO, like I expected, Ali did an okay job while Galen did a poor job. Where were the fucking tears? My God, a BABY just died and I'm not seeing shit coming down... wtf?
I think I saw a few tears from Galen yesterday. I believe that's the first i've ever seen him cry.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Rake, I thought Ali and GG did a pretty good job.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Props to Ali,Ari,James,ShawnC and GG.I thought all gave Emmy nominating performances :cheer: No doubt this sl will be the base for the submissions for 2010

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Cupcake06
Jun 10 2009, 06:00 PM
Rakesh198
Jun 10 2009, 05:10 PM
IMO, like I expected, Ali did an okay job while Galen did a poor job. Where were the fucking tears? My God, a BABY just died and I'm not seeing shit coming down... wtf?
I think I saw a few tears from Galen yesterday. I believe that's the first i've ever seen him cry.
Yeah, he did have some tears on Tuesday's show.

lysie
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jun 10 2009, 04:09 PM
jeanneshuis

Alison Sweeney
Thanks. This confirms what I thought. The scenes outside the ICU room were taped different day when Ali wasnīt available and thatīs why we never saw her come out and have scene with Lucas, Mia, or anyone outside.
And that just pisses me off. They put her in a huge story like this knowing she won't be available...I'm tired of this show revolving around her. I'm still angry about them editing her in to Grandpa Shawn's wake last year. This whole stupid story started because she got pregnant. I kept saying there was something off, and besides the lack of family, there was! She wasn't even there! That's why those scenes seemed so odd! Gah!

jane1978

lysie
Jun 10 2009, 07:02 PM
jane1978
jeanneshuis

Alison Sweeney
And that just pisses me off. They put her in a huge story like this knowing she won't be available...I'm tired of this show revolving around her. I'm still angry about them editing her in to Grandpa Shawn's wake last year. This whole stupid story started because she got pregnant. I kept saying there was something off, and besides the lack of family, there was! She wasn't even there! That's why those scenes seemed so odd! Gah!
You are funny. Scheduling the taping aroung actors avaibility is nothing unordinary. And Alison is THE star of the show now, most recognizable, popular even outside soap world, very open and communicative with both media and the fans and loved by the network. No wonder they are more accommodating to her than some newbie.

But still, the show tapes out of sequence a lot lately so this was not just because of her. And itīs not like there was some major moment missing, the only reason I even noticed it was someone complaining we never saw Lucas have a moment with her.

lysie
Member Avatar

jane1978
Jun 10 2009, 07:25 PM
lysie
jane1978
jeanneshuis

Alison Sweeney
You are funny. Scheduling the taping aroung actors avaibility is nothing unordinary. And Alison is THE star of the show now, most recognizable, popular even outside soap world, very open and communicative with both media and the fans and loved by the network. No wonder they are more accommodating to her than some newbie.

But still, the show tapes out of sequence a lot lately so this was not just because of her. And itīs not like there was some major moment missing, the only reason I even noticed it was someone complaining we never saw Lucas have a moment with her.
Schedule around them. Fine. Makes sense. But we've been saying since these scenes started that something seemed off, and now I'm pretty sure that it was the way it was filmed. They film out of sequence all the time. I know that. But to notice that something just isn't right...well, IMO there were already going to be problems with this story because of certain characters being off the show. Then to add to it by having to keep Alison seperated from the rest of the cast - I kept asking where her support was. They were filming on a seperate day! It took away from the emotional impact, IMO. I feel like scheduling around someone and revolving around someone are two different things. It's not necessarily AS's fault. I just wish they'd thought through that better.

As for Alison being the star - it sort of seems that way. Ari's on more than she is, though and has been now for almost a year. Ari talks to the magazines more, too.
Edited by lysie, Jun 10 2009, 07:42 PM.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

jane1978
Jun 10 2009, 07:25 PM
lysie
jane1978
jeanneshuis

Alison Sweeney

Why is there the assumption that the only reason there was no Lucas-Sami scene in the midst of this drama was that AS wasn't available time-wise to have a scene with him?

Outside of this storyline, BD is barely on the show at all, he's barely a factor in his own love triangle story and the show didn't even have Sami's only sort-of sibling remaining on the canvas, Brady, at the hospital when this was all going down so it's not like the writers were doing that bangup of a job making sure no beat was left unplayed anyway.

For whatever reason there was no Lucas-Sami scene, I think it was a decision of the writers.

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

Loved Ali,Ari,Dylan,Taylor...Shawn Christian,was great.GG,,sorry I felt nothing.He just left me cold..and indifferent to his scenes..I felt annoyed,instead of sorry for him..oh forgot to add Josh Taylor..have liked him since he was Chris...everyone was great,,cept GG..jmo
Edited by EjsGaGirl, Jun 11 2009, 09:37 AM.

mirabella

Thanks for posting this. This past week Ali, Galen, Ari, Dylan, Shawn, Taylor, and Josh really made me feel their pain. Great job by all of them.

Taelyn

Everyone grieves differently.
Some are hysterical, some are in a silent pit of despair, and some feel empty and detached from reality and go through the motions. Then at some point whe they are alone they break down.
Many people lose loved ones and dont cry tears.. The pain settles in the pit of their stomach and they cant cry, some are filled with anger, others are just in shock.
Just because Rafe didnt respond in the fashion some think he should have does not mean he did poorly.
I think he was great.. he is in a tough spot overcome with grief and guilt.. and yet trying to be strong for Sami too.
I think its wrong to expect everyone to grieve the way you might grieve.
Real life does not happen that way.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply