Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Former head writer Michelle Poteet Lisanti returns to Days as staff writer
Topic Started: Jun 12 2009, 12:43 AM (2,531 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Former "Days" head writer Michelle Poteet Lisanti has returned to "Days of Our Lives" as a staff writer, effective immediately. Her first episode aired on Thursday, June 11. Poteet Lisanti was head writer along with current co-executive producer Gary Tomlin from October 1980-October 1981. She was later a staff writer with "Days" from 1987-1994. She has been nominated six times for Daytime Emmys, winning once for her work on "One Life to Live" in 2008. In her new role at "Days", she will be writing breakdowns of the storylines featured in one or two episodes each week.
Poteet Lisanti began her writing career in 1979 and has previously written for "Texas", "Search for Tomorrow", "Guiding Light", "As the World Turns", "The Young and the Restless", "Port Charles" and, most recently, "One Life to Live." She was also the co-head writer of "Sunset Beach" for its entire run from 1997-1999. Poteet Lisanti, 55, was born on January 25, 1954 in Elmhurst, Illinois. She is married to Richard Lisanti and they have two children, including a son, Michael. http://www.jason47.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

I want to cry.

I was hoping to open this and find news of Sheri Anderson replacing Dena Higley. Too good to be true, I suppose...

Tammy
Member Avatar

All this DAYS news at one time... people are gonna have a breakdown lol :P

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't want Sheri anywhere near this show unless it's in a co-HW position or some other staff position only. She can never be HW again. I think her time has passed. Besides, her coming back would change nothing. The show has to remain within budget.

Lisanti is very good. Toups reported this happening soon and I'm glad it had because she brings experience. I hope Days goes after Peter Brash too and adds him to the team as he has cut loose recently by ATWT.

Higley has very little effect on story and that much has been obvious since December or so. I don't want the show to change a thing. It's clicking and Corday is out of the mix. It needs to stay that way.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 12 2009, 12:53 AM
She can never be HW again. I think her time has passed. Besides, her coming back would change nothing. The show has to remain within budget.
Why the hell do you insist on pissing on every one of my dreams? LoL!

daysfan
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 12 2009, 12:54 AM
PhoenixRising05
She can never be HW again. I think her time has passed. Besides, her coming back would change nothing. The show has to remain within budget.
Well...if it makes you feel better...he didn't piss on your dream of ED coming back....Y&R and Ashley Abbott crushed that one! :P

Mason
Member Avatar

daysfan
Jun 12 2009, 12:55 AM
Well...if it makes you feel better...he didn't piss on your dream of ED coming back....Y&R and Ashley Abbott crushed that one! :P
Actually, that was B&B, LoL. Fucking Brad Bell!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 12 2009, 12:49 AM
I want to cry.

I was hoping to open this and find news of Sheri Anderson replacing Dena Higley. Too good to be true, I suppose...
I don't get the Sheri Anderson love - have you seen the last season of Falcon Crest? *shudders*

daysfan
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 12 2009, 12:56 AM
daysfan
Jun 12 2009, 12:55 AM
Actually, that was B&B, LoL. Fucking Brad Bell!
Hmmmmm...thats actually true. And of course the dumbness of Corday or whoever not asking her back during Winter of 06-07.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Jun 12 2009, 12:57 AM
I don't get the Sheri Anderson love - have you seen the last season of Falcon Crest? *shudders*
All I know is that that many people champion Sheri Anderson as the greatest writer in Days history. I don't know if that's true or not, because I wasn't watching in the 80's. Lord knows she's gotta be better than the team currently in place though, whoever the hell is writing.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jun 12 2009, 12:54 AM
PhoenixRising05
Because you like to be a downer in Days threads :tounge: .

Just kidding LOL.

I just think her style is more suited for the 80's. I think she and JER worked very well together in the 90's but I don't see her working well for Days at all now.

If the show brings back any writers in the HW position, it should be Brash and/or Cwickly or someone like Casiello.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jun 12 2009, 01:00 AM
Southofsoap
All I know is that that many people champion Sheri Anderson as the greatest writer in Days history. I don't know if that's true or not, because I wasn't watching in the 80's. Lord knows she's gotta be better than the team currently in place though, whoever the hell is writing.
I didn't watch her in the 80s either, so I can't confirm, but the last season of Falcon Crest which she helped write and produce was stunningly awful. Many people would argue that the show was dead already so it wasn't her fault, but many people would say the same thing about Days...

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Southofsoap
She was good, Kenny. I thought her 80's stuff at times was a bit much. She always handled romance well but her stuff worked well with the over the top 80's adventure stories.

Her best work was with JER in the 90's IMO. The J&M affair story was her best. That was and will forever be my favorite Days story ever. That had everything. Drama, surprises, raw emotion...everything.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 12 2009, 01:02 AM
If the show brings back any writers in the HW position, it should be Brash and/or Cwickly or someone like Casiello.
I say NO to Casiello. He's doing good things with the Y&R team right now.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
Jun 12 2009, 01:10 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jun 12 2009, 01:02 AM
I say NO to Casiello. He's doing good things with the Y&R team right now.
No doubt. Just saying that if he was ever available (which he could be since MAB likes to drop writers all the time) that he would be one to go after.

Jason47
Member Avatar

♥ Tammy ♥
Jun 12 2009, 12:52 AM
All this DAYS news at one time... people are gonna have a breakdown lol :P
Perhaps not a breakdown, lol, but I need a break! I've written so many press releases in the past hour!

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

The current writing team is almost identical to Sunset Beach now.

I can see Dena gone when her 2 year contract is up, to be replaced by Meg Bennett.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Kenny
Southofsoap
Um, that is wrong. Bill Bell wrote the best tenure Days has ever had, and will ever have. This is FACT and not just my opinion. Anyone who argues otherwise is an idiot.
Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Well, at the TIME, people didn't like Sheri, did they? Didn't a lot of DAYS viewers criticize her for writing out the vets and focusing on the newbies, who are now the 80's supercouples in retrospect?

I thought I read/heard that somewhere. Not sure though.

Sindacco
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
I don't want Sheri anywhere near this show unless it's in a co-HW position or some other staff position only. She can never be HW again. I think her time has passed. Besides, her coming back would change nothing. The show has to remain within budget.

Lisanti is very good. Toups reported this happening soon and I'm glad it had because she brings experience. I hope Days goes after Peter Brash too and adds him to the team as he has cut loose recently by ATWT.

Higley has very little effect on story and that much has been obvious since December or so. I don't want the show to change a thing. It's clicking and Corday is out of the mix. It needs to stay that way.
I actually want to see Sheri as headwriter alone. Then people would finally realize what an extremely overrated writer she is.

Oh and I would love to see Brash back.
Edited by Sindacco, Jun 12 2009, 08:22 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply