Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick Stabile & Rachel Kimsey Join DAYS
Topic Started: Jun 12 2009, 12:44 AM (5,450 Views)
LovingDays

Y&R alum Rachel Kimsey (ex-Mac) has been hired at DAYS as Meredith, who has a past connection to Galen Gering's Rafe. She will first air July 17. In other news, Nick Stabile (ex-Mark, BEACH) will make his Salem debut on June 25.

http://soapoperadigest.com/index.html
Edited by Angie79, Jun 12 2009, 01:06 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

I actually liked her on Y&R, alot more than current Mac.

Thanks for the info!

Kenny
Member Avatar

The only Mac I ever really enjoyed on Y&R.

Posted Image

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I liked her on Y&R. It seems like a short part but the show could use more women, especially in this age range, so I'm open to a longer stint.

LovingDays

http://soapoperadigest.com/index.html

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I liked her, just not as Mac. I hate that she's connected to Rafe, but I hope she becomes more intergrated and we don't have to just see her with Rafe. I think Kimsey and Eric Martsolf could have great chemistry together.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Yep, SOD is now confirming this news.

She'll probably go the way of other short-term characters, unfortunately.

ginababe
BANNED

me thinks they are dropping Safe.. I mean amidst this whole baby reveal, I really don't see a triangle happening w/ rafe/sami and this new girl..

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I like Stabile. I really hope these new characters have staying power. I'm sick of seeing characters come and go after serving their purpose.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Wow, Stabile, Kimsey, Chappell, DAYS is really breaking the news this weekend.

Kenny
Member Avatar

What the hell? Is this a Days news night slumber party or what?

I'm kind of "meh" on this... we'll see. I'm really sick of Days bringing on loads of newbies who turn out to be completely shitty characters. I'll give a pass to Kimsey, because I like her. However, I don't want to give Stabile a thumbs up until I see what's planned for his character -- probably nothing good.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

When it rains it pours in regards to Days news LOL.

I've always liked Nick. I think he will be good. Marnie Saitta usually does a good job. The Bo/Hope stuff appears to be getting underway in two weeks. I still think this stuff with Stabile and the upcoming Bo/Hope story is all setup for Carly down the line.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 12 2009, 01:08 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 12 2009, 01:05 AM
I still think this stuff with Stabile and the upcoming Bo/Hope story is all setup for Carly down the line.
Maybe he'll be playing Nicholas Alamain?

OH HELL! I just saw that Kimsey's character is connected to Rafe. Automatic failure!

ginababe
BANNED

Kenny
Jun 12 2009, 01:07 AM
PhoenixRising05
I still think this stuff with Stabile and the upcoming Bo/Hope story is all setup for Carly down the line.

OH HELL! I just saw that Kimsey's character is connected to Rafe. Automatic failure!
LOL! Why?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm with you Kenny. I really don't mind new characters. I'm not one of those fans that instantly hate a character just because they're a newbie. I believe that new characters are needed to keep the show alive. I do. However, when the characters are Higley characters that appear and disappear in a few weeks, I get pissed.

I would like to see these characters become long-term. I enjoyed Kimsey's Mac on Y&R and Stabile's Mark on SUN.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

This show always seems to break news at certain points in the year and they always tend to be late May/early June and December-January. It's weird.

Things had been quiet with Days as far as news so it's fun having so much to talk about. I don't mind short-term characters that have a purpose. I just think the show could use more women and Kimsey fits the bill. I can't wait to learn more about Rafe though. That is an angle that needs to be played.
Edited by PhoenixRising05, Jun 12 2009, 01:09 AM.

LovingDays

finally they are casting more female on the show

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Kenny
PhoenixRising05

He would suck as Nicholas IMO but we'll see.

I kind of hope he ties in with her past as Gina or maybe with someone else from her past like Ernesto or something.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Kenny
My thoughts exactly. Kimsey's a pretty decent actress. I hate to think that her talent's going to be wasted on scenes with Galen Gering. Hopefully, she'll only be introduced through Rafe, and quickly integrated with other characters, particularly Brady. I really think Kimsey and Martsolf would look great together.

ginababe
BANNED

I really feel that they are slowly removing Rafe from Sami's story. There is too much that has yet to happen w/ the Sydney reveal, it would be nonsensical to start up a triangle w/ these three at the same time. If I were a betting woman, I would say that Safe are over 2, 3 months max if that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply