Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick Stabile & Rachel Kimsey Join DAYS
Topic Started: Jun 12 2009, 12:44 AM (5,587 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jun 12 2009, 01:10 AM
Kenny
Jun 12 2009, 01:07 AM
OH HELL! I just saw that Kimsey's character is connected to Rafe. Automatic failure!
My thoughts exactly. Kimsey's a pretty decent actress. I hate to think that her talent's going to be wasted on scenes with Galen Gering. Hopefully, she'll only be introduced through Rafe, and quickly integrated with other characters, particularly Brady. I really think Kimsey and Martsolf would look great together.
I don't like the idea of throwing her at Brady. Martsolf and Zucker have great chemistry and the setup is there for Brady and Nicole. They should go there. There is also Brady/Arianna but I don't quite like them, at least not yet, although others do.

If Kimsey stays on permanently, I say give her a whirl with Lucas. He will need a woman once Chloe goes to Daniel anyway.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ginababe
BANNED

PhoenixRising05
Jun 12 2009, 01:20 AM
DrewHamilton
Jun 12 2009, 01:10 AM
Kenny
Jun 12 2009, 01:07 AM
OH HELL! I just saw that Kimsey's character is connected to Rafe. Automatic failure!
My thoughts exactly. Kimsey's a pretty decent actress. I hate to think that her talent's going to be wasted on scenes with Galen Gering. Hopefully, she'll only be introduced through Rafe, and quickly integrated with other characters, particularly Brady. I really think Kimsey and Martsolf would look great together.
I don't like the idea of throwing her at Brady. Martsolf and Zucker have great chemistry and the setup is there for Brady and Nicole. They should go there. There is also Brady/Arianna but I don't quite like them, at least not yet, although others do.

If Kimsey stays on permanently, I say give her a whirl with Lucas. He will need a woman once Chloe goes to Daniel anyway.
unfortunately, after the danloe/lucas story wraps, I don't see BD staying on.. I would love for him to stay, he has just as much cred as any other vet, and it should some of the newbies going, but I don't think BD will be on for much longer. I hope i'm wrong though.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Ew. I can't see Kimsey with Dattilo at all. No to that.

I understand that everyone thinks Brady and Nicole should wind up together, but I don't know if the show is going that way. Why bring Brady into Arianna's orbit? And I have a feeling that DAYS is setting up something by having Nicole and Rafe in so many scenes together.

I have to agree though about Brady and Arianna. I see nothing there.

But Brady with Martsolf? Perfect! I just see fireworks with those two, just in my head.

I'm hoping for a Brady and Meredith hook up.

Unforunately, Meredith will probably be just another lame Higley character that airs in July, does something crazy or stupid and leaves by the end of August.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

ginababe
Jun 12 2009, 01:22 AM
unfortunately, after the danloe/lucas story wraps, I don't see BD staying on.. I would love for him to stay, he has just as much cred as any other vet, and it should some of the newbies going, but I don't think BD will be on for much longer. I hope i'm wrong though.
I don't see Dattilo going anywhere. If he managed to be saved from going when Sheffer wanted to write him out, he's here to stay. For some reason, TPTB love Dattilo.

ginababe
BANNED

DrewHamilton
Jun 12 2009, 01:26 AM
ginababe
Jun 12 2009, 01:22 AM
I don't see Dattilo going anywhere. If he managed to be saved from going when Sheffer wanted to write him out, he's here to stay. For some reason, TPTB love Dattilo.
I hope you are right, I think he has just as much clout as AS does, but he has not story, that's my concern. They don't write for him.

ginababe
BANNED

let's get real, they dropped JnM, they dropped Payla, who is to say that BD is immune to the axe?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jun 12 2009, 01:25 AM

I understand that everyone thinks Brady and Nicole should wind up together, but I don't know if the show is going that way. Why bring Brady into Arianna's orbit? And I have a feeling that DAYS is setting up something by having Nicole and Rafe in so many scenes together.

But Brady with Martsolf? Perfect! I just see fireworks with those two, just in my head.

Unforunately, Meredith will probably be just another lame Higley character that airs in July, does something crazy or stupid and leaves by the end of August.
I think they are still in a testing stage with Brady/Arianna. They got screwed up when Darin left because the plan was to go with Max/Arianna.

I doubt they will go anywhere long-term with Nicole/Rafe. I just think they see Sami and Rafe as a long-term couple they can build around. We'll see.

I do think she will be a short-term character but who knows. If she takes off and makes an impact, they may keep her. They kept Mia, afterall. I don't think it has anything to do with Higley though. Writers are always bringing characters in to serve a purpose. Hogan did it alot too and JER liked his little short-term characters too. I just would like this to turn into more because Kimsey can act and the show could use more women.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

ginababe
Jun 12 2009, 01:29 AM
let's get real, they dropped JnM, they dropped Payla, who is to say that BD is immune to the axe?
You got me there. That's true. :lol:

No one is safe on this show.

ginababe
BANNED

PhoenixRising05
Jun 12 2009, 01:31 AM
DrewHamilton
Jun 12 2009, 01:25 AM

I think they are still in a testing stage with Brady/Arianna. They got screwed up when Darin left because the plan was to go with Max/Arianna.

I doubt they will go anywhere long-term with Nicole/Rafe. I just think they see Sami and Rafe as a long-term couple they can build around. We'll see.

I do think she will be a short-term character but who knows. If she takes off and makes an impact, they may keep her. They kept Mia, afterall. I don't think it has anything to do with Higley though. Writers are always bringing characters in to serve a purpose. Hogan did it alot too and JER liked his little short-term characters too. I just would like this to turn into more because Kimsey can act and the show could use more women.
seriously? Sami and Rafe a long term couple? BWhahahahah

Mason
Member Avatar

It would make too much sense to axe Dattilo. Which is why he's not going anywhere, LoL.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05

They kept Mia because she's important to the story. I believe she's always been meant to be brough back in later on down the road in the storyline.

There's a difference between Hogan and even Reilly's short term characters. They were actual characters. Higley's short-term characters really have no impact at all once the story's over.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Nick Stabile joins the cast of "Days of Our Lives" on Thursday, June 25, in a yet-to-be announced role. Stabile portrayed Mark Wolper on "Sunset Beach" from 1997-1998, substituted as Fox Crane in several episodes of "Passions" in 2004, and appeared as Gabe Capshaw on "Saints & Sinners" in 2007. Stabile graduated from the National Theater Conservatory of Denver in 1993 and has made recent appearances on "CSI: Miami", "Without a Trace" and "Saving Grace." Nicholas Francis Stabile Jr., 38, was born on March 4, 1971 in Wheat Ridge, Colorado. He married Tricia Small in 2006.

Rachel Kimsey, who played Mac Browning on "The Young and the Restless" from 2005-2006, is joining the cast of "Days of Our Lives" as Meredith, a woman with a past connection to Rafe Hernandez. Her first episode will air on Friday, July 17. Kimsey graduated from Brigham Young University in 2000 and began her career as a professional stunt woman. She has made recent appearances on "Heroes", "Moonlight" and "NCIS." Rachel Elizabeth Kimsey, 30, was born on August 28, 1978 in Tustin, California.

http://www.jason47.com

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

ginababe
Jun 12 2009, 01:32 AM
I'm laughing right along wth you. :lol:

ginababe
BANNED

DrewHamilton
Jun 12 2009, 01:34 AM
ginababe
I'm laughing right along wth you. :lol:
LOL! If that's true, I won't need my Tylenol PM, I can just watch Safe!! oh boy :laugh:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

DrewHamilton
ginababe
Jun 12 2009, 01:29 AM
You got me there. That's true. :lol:

No one is safe on this show.
Posted Image

This man begs to differ.

Maybe BD goes golfing or plays poker with JT and KC?

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
Jun 12 2009, 01:33 AM
PhoenixRising05

They kept Mia because she's important to the story. I believe she's always been meant to be brough back in later on down the road in the storyline.

There's a difference between Hogan and even Reilly's short term characters. They were actual characters. Higley's short-term characters really have no impact at all once the story's over.
Well, that is assuming they are Higley's because I haven't seen much at all of Higley in anything Days since at least January but I get your point, although Owen had an impact as he set in motion Stephanie's issues. Trent had an impact too. I don't think all the short-term characters have been wastes of time.

Mason
Member Avatar

I frankly don't care who is responsible for these new characters. They suck all the same to me, LoL!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 12 2009, 01:37 AM
Well, that is assuming they are Higley's because I haven't seen much at all of Higley in anything Days since at least January but I get your point, although Owen had an impact as he set in motion Stephanie's issues. Trent had an impact too. I don't think all the short-term characters have been wastes of time.
I have. I'm still pretty much bored with most of the stories going on right now. In theory and on paper, the stories are great. But the execution sucks for me and that wreaks of Higley. So Tomlin and Whitesell may be there doing a lot to the stories, but Higley's trademark is still there.

What impact does Trent have right now? He's all but forgotten. And by August, Owen will be too.

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't even know who the hell Trent is.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

^ :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply