Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick Stabile & Rachel Kimsey Join DAYS
Topic Started: Jun 12 2009, 12:44 AM (5,611 Views)
Kenny
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 12 2009, 01:40 AM
I don't even know who the hell Trent is.
Probably another of Higley's shitty villains of the week. Around for a month or two and then gone the next.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I think I remember a scene where Trent was trying to pimp Melanie out or something but I had no clue who he was to her.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

IMissAremid
Jun 12 2009, 01:36 AM
DrewHamilton
Jun 12 2009, 01:32 AM
ginababe
Jun 12 2009, 01:29 AM
let's get real, they dropped JnM, they dropped Payla, who is to say that BD is immune to the axe?
You got me there. That's true. :lol:

No one is safe on this show.
Posted Image

This man begs to differ.

Maybe BD goes golfing or plays poker with JT and KC?

LOL! Good one. Josh hasn't had a story in it seems like YEARS, yet he stays.

Mason
Member Avatar

Oh! Trent Robbins/Becker/whatever the hell his last name was supposed to be when we last saw him. Now I remember. How sad that a character that should have been memorable was so utterly forgettable.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

R!ck
Jun 12 2009, 01:45 AM
I think I remember a scene where Trent was trying to pimp Melanie out or something but I had no clue who he was to her.
Trent is Melanie's dad. He is also Max's dad. He is Nicole's ex too!

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

DrewHamilton
PhoenixRising05
Jun 12 2009, 01:37 AM
Well, that is assuming they are Higley's because I haven't seen much at all of Higley in anything Days since at least January but I get your point, although Owen had an impact as he set in motion Stephanie's issues. Trent had an impact too. I don't think all the short-term characters have been wastes of time.
I have. I'm still pretty much bored with most of the stories going on right now. In theory and on paper, the stories are great. But the execution sucks for me and that wreaks of Higley. So Tomlin and Whitesell may be there doing a lot to the stories, but Higley's trademark is still there.

What impact does Trent have right now? He's all but forgotten. And by August, Owen will be too.
Well, Trent propelled Nick off the canvas and set up the whole fuel project thing that set up Melanie/Philip/Stephanie and the Dimera/Kiriakis stuff so he did have an impact. Sure, HE may be forgotten but his presence and what he did brought about consequences. Same goes for Owen. He has had an impact on Philip and Stephanie and where they go from here was set in motion by him.

ginababe
BANNED

I'm really interested to see what the story w/ Carly will be.

ginababe
BANNED

PhoenixRising05
Jun 12 2009, 01:50 AM
DrewHamilton
PhoenixRising05
Well, that is assuming they are Higley's because I haven't seen much at all of Higley in anything Days since at least January but I get your point, although Owen had an impact as he set in motion Stephanie's issues. Trent had an impact too. I don't think all the short-term characters have been wastes of time.
I have. I'm still pretty much bored with most of the stories going on right now. In theory and on paper, the stories are great. But the execution sucks for me and that wreaks of Higley. So Tomlin and Whitesell may be there doing a lot to the stories, but Higley's trademark is still there.

What impact does Trent have right now? He's all but forgotten. And by August, Owen will be too.
Well, Trent propelled Nick off the canvas and set up the whole fuel project thing that set up Melanie/Philip/Stephanie and the Dimera/Kiriakis stuff so he did have an impact. Sure, HE may be forgotten but his presence and what he did brought about consequences. Same goes for Owen. He has had an impact on Philip and Stephanie and where they go from here was set in motion by him.
if the writers want them forgotten, they are forgotten, they don't consider that the audience has a working free willed mind LOL!

King
Member Avatar

I am big fans of both of them!

DAYS has been great with casting decisions lately.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I told you guys 2 weeks ago that Nick Stabile was taping. :peek:

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

^I know you did, OBK. I think the Stabile stuff got lost in all the news about the Grace story.

jane1978

PhoenixRising05
DrewHamilton
PhoenixRising05

Honestly, I think itīs GOOD the show finally gets rid of characters when there is no story anymore. This was HUGE trouble when Corday had been in power, because so many characters were introduced, played the initial part and next were stuck for months or even years with nothing to do. The writers didnīt care about them anymore and the EP was ashamed to let them go.

Itīs nothing new either, but nowadays people notice much more because even seasoned and popular actors are willing to do these short term stints. I still remember the poor guy who played the murdered mayor, he did an interview making the part much bigger than it was. He would probably stay longer if Higleyīs plans stayed intact, but anyone watching the show coud tell he is there just for the one story, not to be a new star of the show. I actually felt sorry for him reading the interview because it was obvious how delusional he is.

MrsMahaney
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Jun 12 2009, 02:23 AM
I told you guys 2 weeks ago that Nick Stabile was taping. :peek:
And a post from my board stating that was reposted here before that! :) I'm so good at guessing things... I'm even psychic and can predict casting! Go me! lol!

MrsMahaney
Member Avatar

I think the person getting the axe will be surprising to most everyone!

Sindacco

What's up with this obsession over pairing characters up? They haven't even started and I already see posts about who they should be paired with. On another board there was a fan thread for Brady and Arianne before their first scene had even aired. And people say there are to many men in the 20s/30s group. Uh, how so? Because all of them can't be paired up with a woman? Why is that so important? Can't there be any singles in Salem? Is that realistic?

I remember in the past when characters had different kinds of relationships. Friends, family, partner in crime, etc. These days it's all about hooking up with someone.

TPTB are obsessed with having characters sleep around and fans on the boards are obsessed with pairing them up right away with someone. If two characters that usually don't have scenes together have it it could only mean one thing, chemistry testing. So silly.

No wonder soaps are in trouble when this is the only thing important. In prime time, at least the shows I watch, it's about the stories and the characters different relationships with each other. There are couples but that's usually not the most important thing.

Kenny
Member Avatar

MrsMahaney
Jun 12 2009, 08:26 AM
I think the person getting the axe will be surprising to most everyone!
The only person that would surprise me at this point is Kristian Alfonso, so that's probably what will happen. I swear to God, if they only brought Carly back to replace Hope... ugh.

Sindacco

IMissAremid
Jun 12 2009, 01:36 AM
DrewHamilton
Jun 12 2009, 01:32 AM
ginababe
Jun 12 2009, 01:29 AM
let's get real, they dropped JnM, they dropped Payla, who is to say that BD is immune to the axe?
You got me there. That's true. :lol:

No one is safe on this show.
Posted Image

This man begs to differ.

Maybe BD goes golfing or plays poker with JT and KC?

Is that why Josh was fired in 2003? Don't say they weren't really killed off because they were.

sungrey

ginababe
Jun 12 2009, 12:56 AM
me thinks they are dropping Safe.. I mean amidst this whole baby reveal, I really don't see a triangle happening w/ rafe/sami and this new girl..
As long as they don't go back to EJami, I'll be fine. They almost torched that story yesterday... James Scott was wonderful in those scenes. :)

six
Member Avatar

ginababe
I'm really interested to see what the story w/ Carly will be.
Carly's coming back? Is there a thread on this?

rars

I've been irritated by days for a long time. Bringing back Steve and Kayla was one of the biggest storylines in decades, and they almost handled it well....bringing on Joe Penny and Tamara Braun to move the storyline along, its made sense, but it bogged down, and now their gone

John and Marlena spent so many years propping Shelle, they lost sight of their own importance to the show

EJ WELLs Dimera is the only truly indispensable actor they've brought in in years. Sorry, but even Bryan Datillo's horton connection won't be enough to save him.
Blake Berris, what a great character actor he was....I didn't see him as a romantic lead, but he added so much to the texture of days. Plus the Horton connection didn't hurt
On the short time actors, I'd loved to have seen Roscoe Born stick around, he was a truly evil entity...which day's evilness is aging.....
Trent Robbins was one of the most deliciously wonderful characters in years, because he was manipulative, cruel, devious, anbd damn fun to watch

I'm a broken record, I loved the Owen character, Like Nick, he brought a kind of texture to the canvas, not hip,not suave, creepy, confused, cute as the devil....and I hated all the red herrings they threw out there, only to be disappointed.....again by days

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply