Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick Stabile & Rachel Kimsey Join DAYS
Topic Started: Jun 12 2009, 12:44 AM (5,701 Views)
Manda1

DrewHamilton
Jun 12 2009, 01:33 AM
PhoenixRising05
Jun 12 2009, 01:31 AM
I think they are still in a testing stage with Brady/Arianna. They got screwed up when Darin left because the plan was to go with Max/Arianna.

I doubt they will go anywhere long-term with Nicole/Rafe. I just think they see Sami and Rafe as a long-term couple they can build around. We'll see.

I do think she will be a short-term character but who knows. If she takes off and makes an impact, they may keep her. They kept Mia, afterall. I don't think it has anything to do with Higley though. Writers are always bringing characters in to serve a purpose. Hogan did it alot too and JER liked his little short-term characters too. I just would like this to turn into more because Kimsey can act and the show could use more women.
They kept Mia because she's important to the story. I believe she's always been meant to be brough back in later on down the road in the storyline.

There's a difference between Hogan and even Reilly's short term characters. They were actual characters. Higley's short-term characters really have no impact at all once the story's over.
I'm with you Phoenix about Sami and Rafe. They are declaring their love Monday which we know may proceed the envitable angst or bust up but at least the show has already clearly established what they are feeling and it's love people! :lol: :lol:

So even if they are pulled apart, which is almost certain now they have said I love yous they will find their way back to each other. :makeout:

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mirabella

Manda1
Jun 12 2009, 12:19 PM
DrewHamilton
PhoenixRising05
I think they are still in a testing stage with Brady/Arianna. They got screwed up when Darin left because the plan was to go with Max/Arianna.

I doubt they will go anywhere long-term with Nicole/Rafe. I just think they see Sami and Rafe as a long-term couple they can build around. We'll see.

I do think she will be a short-term character but who knows. If she takes off and makes an impact, they may keep her. They kept Mia, afterall. I don't think it has anything to do with Higley though. Writers are always bringing characters in to serve a purpose. Hogan did it alot too and JER liked his little short-term characters too. I just would like this to turn into more because Kimsey can act and the show could use more women.
They kept Mia because she's important to the story. I believe she's always been meant to be brough back in later on down the road in the storyline.

There's a difference between Hogan and even Reilly's short term characters. They were actual characters. Higley's short-term characters really have no impact at all once the story's over.
I'm with you Phoenix about Sami and Rafe. They are declaring their love Monday which we know may proceed the envitable angst or bust up but at least the show has already clearly established what they are feeling and it's love people! :lol: :lol:

So even if they are pulled apart, which is almost certain now they have said I love yous they will find their way back to each other. :makeout:

Yes, Phoenix is right. TPTB are writing Sami and Rafe as a long term couple that they can build around for many years to come. :applause: :applause:

Sami and Rafe may be pulled apart soon and probably many times after that, just as all good soap couples are, but they will find their way back to each other over and over again. :wub: :iloveyou:

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

mirabella
Jun 12 2009, 12:31 PM
Manda1
Jun 12 2009, 12:19 PM
DrewHamilton
PhoenixRising05

Yes, Phoenix is right. TPTB are writing Sami and Rafe as a long term couple that they can build around for many years to come. :applause: :applause:

Sami and Rafe may be pulled apart soon and probably many times after that, just as all good soap couples are, but they will find their way back to each other over and over again. :wub: :iloveyou:
^ :x

I'm curious to see who this new female character is that will interact with Rafe. Hopefully she will shed some light on all the anvils Arianna has been dropping since she first hit the scene. Enough already...tell us what the real deal is with this guy. Anything has to be better than the :sleep: he's been up to now.

mirabella

I am so looking forward to learning more about Rafe. I think it will something tragic, not evil. The new character will probably be an ex-girlfriend or relative or friend of an ex-girlfriend or wife, maybe even someone he was protecting like he was protecting Sami. Arianna alluded to that being the case. That relationship didn't work out but we don't know why yet.........may be she died or left him. It looks like we will be finding out next month.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

Start by asking who was Emily Hudson? Arianna visits her grave on Monday.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I am curious to see what happens with Rafe. There is a lot more to him than meets the eye. I like Galen Gering and what he brings to the canvas. He even makes me tolerate Sami which is extremely hard for me to do. I'm still not sold on Brady/Arianna, however. I just don't see any sparks between the two. TPTB missed the boat when they ditched the EJ/Nicole/Brady triangle. Scott/Zuker/Martsolf play so well off one another and Nicole has sparks with both men. What a shame. I can't wait to see Carly Manning. Robert Kelker Kelly's Bo/Carly/Lawrence/Vivian provided the show with so much excitement during the 90's that I never missed one minute. Could they please cast Robert Kelker Kelly in some kind of role? Kelker Kelly and Chappel were fantabulous together. So, hip hip hooray for Chappell's return. I like Stabile, too. He was definitely one of my favorites on Sunset Beach. Things are looking good for the show.

MrsMahaney
Member Avatar

Nick Stabile's character name is Dean! We'll only see glimpses of him to begin with like we did with Owen. He'll start interacting with Hope in mid-July.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I'm glad that we will be seeing more of Bo and Hope come July and this fall..The show is getting better, but Bope need to be more prominent..

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

OneBadKitty
Jun 12 2009, 03:15 PM
Start by asking who was Emily Hudson? Arianna visits her grave on Monday.
Maybe Emily Hudson was Rafe's daughter with this new Meredith person?

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

^ ^ ^ Not if she was 29 when she died and would be 31 now if she had lived. :biggrin:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

LOL. OK, you got me there. I haven't seen Monday's show yet.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 14 2009, 12:02 PM
From what I understand, the viewers will not be able to see the dates on Emily's grave.

But if you know the right people (wink, wink), you can get the dates anyway, LOL.

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

I think Melanie is going to be spending a lot of time with Pete and Melissa's son - but that's not going to stop Brady from having a "discussion" with the guy when Brady happens upon Melanie and NuGuy in a compromising situation. ;)

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

OneBadKitty
Jun 14 2009, 12:05 PM
IMissAremid
From what I understand, the viewers will not be able to see the dates on Emily's grave.

But if you know the right people (wink, wink), you can get the dates anyway, LOL.
You and your "right people." LOL.

Thanks for the scoop.

Anything else known regarding the baby switch saga or the Johnny custody battle?

OneBadKitty
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 14 2009, 12:19 PM
OneBadKitty
Jun 14 2009, 12:05 PM
IMissAremid

You and your "right people." LOL.

Thanks for the scoop.

Anything else known regarding the baby switch saga or the Johnny custody battle?
Not yet. You guys will be the first to know if I hear something. :wave:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Ah, well thanks for giving us what you can.

LovingDays

Update

Nick Stabile will be playing a mysterious Horton

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/news/4538/Nick_Stabile_and_Mark_Hapka_to_Days_Of_Our_Lives
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Taelyn

ginababe
Jun 12 2009, 01:15 AM
I really feel that they are slowly removing Rafe from Sami's story. There is too much that has yet to happen w/ the Sydney reveal, it would be nonsensical to start up a triangle w/ these three at the same time. If I were a betting woman, I would say that Safe are over 2, 3 months max if that.
Respectfully disagree ...not that it will matter.

The Nail has been pounded into the coffin that was once called 'Ejami'. Sami has done the unforgivable, and while EJ may have a type of love for her, His hatred, and desire for revenge will be stronger. I dont see them as a "love Triangle" If they do have one it will be more like the John/Marlena/Stephano .. story. One of obsession and revenge, and also the need to protect and undying love.
I believe Rafe will be at the heart of the Sydney reveal, and in turn Sami's hero... and again, EJ's bitter enemy.
And Safe are winning Hottest couple 4 weeks straight in SOD and getting great reviews for the most part (Aside from Ejami's and a few Lumi's ofcourse) So I dont think they are getting rid of them anytime soon.
Love or hate them I think they are on the way to being a supercouple

I agree they are the long term planned couple,there are so many things they can do with them in the future, and lots of stories to tell.. and clearly, some may hate him/them, but not all find them boring 'some' do, though I have no doubt we will see angst and seperation and struggle down the line.
But.. as in all good stories love will prevail.

Taelyn

OBK
Any Idea why all these different Names in regards to Rafe ?
I recall Rafe saying something to Arianna like " This has nothing to do with Heidi"
Now we are hearing the names of 'Meradith, and Emily' .. So who is Heidi? or did they just change a name hoping we missed it? ... All these names are confusing.

mirabella

Taelyn
Jun 16 2009, 02:49 AM
OBK
Any Idea why all these different Names in regards to Rafe ?
I recall Rafe saying something to Arianna like " This has nothing to do with Heidi"
Now we are hearing the names of 'Meradith, and Emily' .. So who is Heidi? or did they just change a name hoping we missed it? ... All these names are confusing.
Tae, there is no Heidi. Closed captioning is wrong at times. Just by using the context of the conversation, you can figure that the word is hiding and not a person's name. Rafe and Arianna were talking about hiding from his past. Here is the transcript of that conversation ....

Arianna: Okay, well, at least I'm not taking on a ready-made family to hide from the past.

Rafe: Oh, yeah. It's back on me now, isn't it?

Arianna: Well, that's what you're doing, right, Rafe? Admit it. (The 'it" is hiding from the past).

Rafe: My relationship with Sami and her kids, for that matter, has nothing to do with hiding. (not Heidi) It's good, and it's real, and it's honest.

This excerpt was taken from the TVMegasite transcrips.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply