Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wally Kurth to return as Justin Kiriakis
Topic Started: Jun 16 2009, 12:48 PM (7,198 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

DAYS Casting Scoop!

Soap Opera Digest has learned exclusively that daytime vet Wally Kurth (ex-Sam, ATWT; ex-Ned, GH) is set to reprise his popular role as Justin Kiriakis on DAYS. The actor was last seen in Salem in 1991. His first airdate is August 10.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Wow! First Crystal Chappell and now Wally Kurth? This is all such shocking and random casting news. I wonder if Judi Evans is far behind?

Wasn't it Justin and Adrienne that brought Carly to Salem after their honeymoon in Hawaii? I wonder if Justin will have soething to do with Carly's most recent return.

DAYS is on a role right now in casting.

lysie
Member Avatar

They're really bringing back characters from the golden era of Days, aren't they? ;)

Paul8148

Well we know that he and the Johnson hang out in the subran of salem called off screen ville. I will think that he is likely getting into the Dimera vs. Kirikis feud.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

These casting announcements are so shocking, I wouldn't be surprised if word that Melissa Reeves and Matthew Ashford are rejoining the show is broken next week.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Seriously?!?!?! I LOVE Wally Kurth!! So what, is he returning from (what was it? the middle east somewhere?) wherever he and Adrienne supposedly moved to when they wrote off Judi Evans, all alone?? Is he going to take over the Cheatin' Heart since Max is leaving now, too? LOL. Ok, whatever, I'm still going to be happy that Justin is coming back !! :D

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting Ellie.

Glad to see Wally back, but how the heck is Corday paying all these people?

I hope the cast doesn't become too big. I think they need to start shedding some of the dead weight.

Manny
Member Avatar

I don't think Missy would return.. Didn't she move to Nashville and is happy there?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Big Brother
Jun 16 2009, 12:58 PM
I don't think Missy would return.. Didn't she move to Nashville and is happy there?
Me neither. I'm just saying each casting news is more surprising than the one before.

brimike

I love this (Love Justin and love Wally), but Corday's No-More-Returns-From-Fifteen-Years-Ago "promise" really didn't go very far. LOL!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Holy cow! I sure didn't see that coming. Pleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease let this mean that Judi Evans isn't far behind!

sungrey

Given the Kiriakis state of affairs right now it's great to see they're not forgetting Justin existed! Nice job, Days.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Great news. I hope Adrienne isn't far behind.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Wow! I like him. This is making the budget problems seem like bulllshit though. Crystal and Wally can't be that cheap to get.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I've always wanted to see how Justin and Philip would act around each other. Justin has always been like a son to Victor. I think if Justin returns, Victor will give all of his attention to his nephew, further alienating Philip, and setting up a rivalry between Justin and Philip.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I wonder if we should be expecting major cast cuts with these high players coming on-board.

aimees76
Member Avatar

OMG, I just got the image of Phillip, Brady, and Justin all in the same room :wub: Oh yeah. Its a happy day :D

Deleted User
Deleted User

LOVE THIS NEWS!

Fuck you Days, now I will have to watch his return. Love Wally Kurth and Justin/Adrienne.
Quote Post Goto Top

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm not too surprised since this regime (including Higley, who I feel has no power anymore but still) loves the Kiriakis family and Tomlin loves his rich and powerful families so expanding the Kiriakis families and maybe bringing the Alamain's back is right up his alley. To me, that plays into the Carly return too. This is good news for Victor with both Carly and Justin returning.

I'm glad Days is doing this because it gives characters like Bo, Hope, Victor, etc more people to interact with. Maybe they can even try something with Justin and Kate. However, I think Justin may end up being for Carly. They have a history (as Drew noted) and I think they can tap into some Carly/Victor history by involving her with him. I just can't bring myself to believe they will bring back Lawrence (although all these current casting announcements makes it more likely). I don't doubt them bringing back Judi Evans since she is so loved, especially by Corday. However, Corday does not seem to be calling the shots right now so my feeling is that Justin will be returning alone and that he and Adrienne will have split. Plus, Adrienne returning will expose the Steve and Kayla void once again so I don't think they want to go there. That is why I think you see them bringing characters like Justin and Carly back and not characters like Steve and Kayla. It's the same reasons why they bring on newly created Horton's instead of known ones. It's easier and there is less history to play with. You can essentially mold them into the current canvas.

I do wish they would bring back more Horton's though and by that I mean known Horton's. I also wish they would bring more women on because this show has way too many men now. I realize Justin is in an age bracket that may be in need of a male actor so I can understand this move but Days has far too many men in their late 20's and 30's. I also wish they would at least bring back Steve and/or Kayla for appearances at least. If they can bring back Justin and Carly, they can at least do that. I can see MBE being ok with being a recurring player, at the very least.

I don't expect a Jack and/or Jennifer return because I don't see Tomlin being interested in them. He likes sophisticated, glamorous types. I still recall an interview he did while on Sunset Beach where he mentioned how his favorite types of characters were many from rich and powerful families on soaps and he cited his love for the Richards family on Sunset Beach. So characters like Justin and Carly fit that bill.

I also think this has to mean someone is going to be axed. I bet one or two people from the Lucas/Chloe/Daniel story will be gone. I know Tomlin loves Nadia and Shawn so Nadia would have to leave on her own and Corday would have to intervene and force a happy ending on Chloe and Daniel if one or both are to leave. Therefore, I can see Bryan Dattilo being axed and MAYBE Josh Taylor since Corday seems out of the mix right now. I believe there are alot of contracts up this summer so we could see some big moves.

six
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 16 2009, 01:06 PM
Wow! I like him. This is making the budget problems seem like bulllshit though. Crystal and Wally can't be that cheap to get.
Would they be able to command a price anywhere near what the DH's were getting? I have no idea who this guy is, but maybe this will placate a lot of the people who are upset about the dwindling older population in Salem. Another Kiriakis sounds good. Was he a gray character, or more law-abiding?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply