Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wally Kurth to return as Justin Kiriakis
Topic Started: Jun 16 2009, 12:48 PM (7,234 Views)
PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Angie79
Jun 16 2009, 01:45 PM
PhoenixRising05
Jun 16 2009, 01:16 PM
Angie79
Jun 16 2009, 01:06 PM
Wow! I like him. This is making the budget problems seem like bulllshit though. Crystal and Wally can't be that cheap to get.
Well, Crystal worked for GL so she is used to budget cuts and reduced salaries. Plus, her desire to move back to LA is at play too. I'm sure the cost was not that bad. As for Wally, he's been out of work for awhile and even before that GH basically had him on recurring so I doubt he is commanding a huge salary.

Days is in much better financial shape now. It's doing better in the ratings. It made cuts where it had to. I'm sure they are bringing back people who are willing to accept a certain type of salary only.

Also, I want to touch on brimike's point about Corday's "15 years" comment back in 2007. I believe that was just him frustrated that Steve and Kayla did nothing for the numbers. It still pisses me off because it was an obvious jab at them and it's all the show's fault for botching their return in the first place. Having said that, that comment came on the heels of bringing Judi Evans back as Adrienne (which I guess can be excused as him wanting to bring one of his buddies back on the show) so I knew not to take that seriously. It seemed more out of anger. Besides, he clearly is not interfering or in control right now. Tomlin is making all the calls and the show seems to following a long-term plan now and has been since December. This is the most consistent the show has been in years.
I know they won't cost as people like Drake and Deidre, but adding them to the cast plus all of the new people has to add up.
Not necessarily.

Wes Ramsey is already gone. I still don't see Chad (the father of Mia's baby) sticking around permanently and, even if he is, I think him and the actor playing Nathan pretty much equal what would normally go to Darin Brooks or Rachel Melvin. What is lost in all this is Days lost both Melvin and Brooks so that is two open spots right there. Thaoo is gone and so is Stephen, Mary Beth, Deidre, and Drake. Deidre and Drake ouster alone is probably enough to cover most of who Days has brought in.

The people Days have brought in are either complete newcomers to the business or actors/actresses who have already gotten used to being given much more reduced salaries or haven't worked much lately so are willing to take a reduced rate. Not to mention, many members of the current cast took pay cuts and some crew members were cut.

There is also that little matter that is JER. My understanding is that it should be right about now that his contract is actually up so they no longer have to set aside money in his name. If that is the case, that is saving a bundle right there, as is the way Days has managed it's finances by only taping 4 days a week and taking breaks here and there. They've also used their sets more effectively and are making more money. If this were Fall, I would agree the show would be out of their mind but they've waited awhile and they are in good enough shape to make moves like they have been. I'm sure we will see one or two people go with maybe some moved to recurring too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jane1978

This is weird... but logical. If the show has a certain character to cast, they will rather use a familiar face then newbie. Im willing to bet Wally is as much affordable as any relatively well known actor who is happy to get daywork at DAYS.

I doubt he is coming back as a leading character. he will be probably another piece of the upcoming Bope storyline. And I agree with Phoenix there is a good chance they will screentest him with CC.

Mason
Member Avatar

Personally, I would much rather see Carly in a triangle with Justin and Adrienne, than in one with Bo and Hope. For some reason, I see Crystal Chappell having mad chemistry with Wally Kurth.

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

This is so random..Never thought I'd see Justin back on Days, especially when they didn't bring him back when Adrienne was on..But i'm cool with this news..Wally Kurth is a great actor and Days needs some more vets after axing John, Marlena, Steve, and Kayla..

Charmqn
Member Avatar

I would be more shocked if Judi does not return. She loves DOOL and Corday loves Judi.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

AWESOME NEWS! Days is really surprising people in a good way!

I dont think I want JE to come back as Adrienne with Justin. I think that maybe Justin comes back because Vic is sick or something like that. He'll decide to stay and that'll make Phil jealous. Maybe even bring in his son Alexander or his other kids?

As for the money issue, there are contracts of some vets coming up??? You think they'll sign them ALL back??? (KA, PR, JM?)

Maybe this changing of the guard scene on the docks....was true on screen and off?

I wonder if they dont bring in more DiMeras? Its only EJ leading the family (Lexie is off doing good.) I would love them to bring in Peter Blake (recast is fine.)

Unless, they'll bring in more Alamains (Larry, Nicky) to enter the DiMera v Kiriakis v Alamain? war.

These moves by Days have been great!
Liz

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

Eh, I'll wait to see what they have in store for the character first. Please forgive me for being skeptical about whether or not they'll do the character justice.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Wally Kurth and Crystal Chappell's first-ever "Days" interviews from 1987 and 1990 are up: http://www.jason47.com/days/chappellkurth.html

rhpslips
Member Avatar

Why not bring Justin/Adrienne's kids on? They should be around Phillips age (actually older, but who's counting). While they're at it, bring back Adrienne!!!

EjsGaGirl
Member Avatar

I think the "truce"in the War is a bit premature.I like that he is coming back..it seems the focus is going to be on the Dimera-Kirakis-Horton families,with some Brady thrown in..and he is a perfect fit...I would LOVE the DEVINE Judi Evans come back too..if we could get Thaao,Jack and Jenn,and Stayla back,I would watch every damn day!!!

Deleted User
Deleted User

I would love it if the Brady's were eventually phased out.
Quote Post Goto Top

LovingDays

wow crystal first now wally Days is on fire this days

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Amello
Jun 16 2009, 03:05 PM
I agree with this. I'd pack Sami's and Roman's bags for them. I'm indifferent to Bo and Hope and wouldn't care if they left. Caroline can stay, though if nobody's around to dump their kids on her I guess she doesn't need to.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

rhpslips
Jun 16 2009, 03:03 PM
Why not bring Justin/Adrienne's kids on? They should be around Phillips age (actually older, but who's counting). While they're at it, bring back Adrienne!!!
Because we really have too many males on this show? Unless they bring back the ONE daughter they have. (I believe there were three sons and one daughter).

daysfan
Member Avatar

Crystal.....now Wally and Justin? Ummmm....WOW!!! These are odds, and rather random returns, but I trust Tomlin to have a plan.

One thing IK'm noticing, is that this is kind of turning out like Tomlin's tenure on OLTL....he came on in early 2001, but I remember that for months, he didn't bring back too many people...but then we got random returns like Barbara Garrick, and slowly a few others too...now the budget on Days is difference, but still it actually reminds me of that era.

I wonder what Justin will be up to, and if we'll see Adrienne again, but it definitely intensifies the Kiriakis family...I love it!

It also makes me wonder if we'll see anymore DiMera's, with four Kiriakis's on the canvas with this news(well five if you count Bo). However, at the same time, what DiMera's would be young enough(even though I know Justin isn't exactly young, he's not exactly old, either) to return with the age bracket Tomlin seems to like? One bad thing about that family is that aside from EJ, we have *NO* DiMera's in their 20's-30's aside from EJ.

rhpslips
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jun 16 2009, 03:31 PM
rhpslips
Because we really have too many males on this show? Unless they bring back the ONE daughter they have. (I believe there were three sons and one daughter).
They have 4 boys. Alexander with Anjelica, and Jackson with Adrienne. Justin/Adrienne adopted twins Joey and Victor.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

rhpslips
Jun 16 2009, 03:53 PM
Tripp
Jun 16 2009, 03:31 PM
rhpslips
They have 4 boys. Alexander with Anjelica, and Jackson with Adrienne. Justin/Adrienne adopted twins Joey and Victor.
Thanks, I knew they had four children but couldn't remember if the twins were both boys or one of each.

rhpslips
Member Avatar

daysfan
Jun 16 2009, 03:50 PM
It also makes me wonder if we'll see anymore DiMera's, with four Kiriakis's on the canvas with this news(well five if you count Bo). However, at the same time, what DiMera's would be young enough(even though I know Justin isn't exactly young, he's not exactly old, either) to return with the age bracket Tomlin seems to like? One bad thing about that family is that aside from EJ, we have *NO* DiMera's in their 20's-30's aside from EJ.
Unless they make up more history, or rewrite it, all of the rest of Stefano's children are dead (Renee DuMonde, Megan Hathaway and Benjy Hawk). Technically Tony wasn't really Stefano's child, but with the back and forth rewrites, it seems that they made him a child of Stefano's. Andre was not a child, but he was a nephew. Peter and Kristen were adopted, although they are both alive (Peter in jail and Kristen on that weird island)

MTSRocks
Member Avatar

Wally Kurth and Crystal Chappell > Drake Hogestyn and Diedre Hall

So win WIN DAYS fan.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Paxton
Jun 16 2009, 03:20 PM
Amello
Jun 16 2009, 03:05 PM
I agree with this. I'd pack Sami's and Roman's bags for them. I'm indifferent to Bo and Hope and wouldn't care if they left. Caroline can stay, though if nobody's around to dump their kids on her I guess she doesn't need to.
Let's start the beating of the drums LOL

And Yes, of course, Bo and Hope can stay. Hope because she's one of the main Horton's and Bo, because technically he's a Kiriakis :)
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply