Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami loses Johnny; June 30th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jun 17 2009, 10:50 AM (4,822 Views)
Ellie

Please link to DR.

This week's SOD features short interviews with Ali Sweeney and Shelley Hennig.

EJ wants custody of Johnny and serves Sami with custody papers at Grace's funeral. Will overhears and asks EJ if he can come visit Johnny. Ali Sweeney explains that Will tells Sami that she's a "terrible parent" and that he understands why EJ is doing this.

When Sami gets home, she puts Johnny's things together and gives Johnny to EJ, but as SOD says, she wants to "prove that EJ is evil". She goes to see Stephanie and Philip, and she asks them to publically reveal what part EJ played in Steph's kidnapping. Shelley Hennig says that the only way for Steph to do this would be to say that Owen worked for the DiMeras. However, as Hennig explains, "Stephanie already said she'd lie about Owen. She feels horrible that Sami wants her help and she's already told Philip that she'd lie."

Sami considers running away with the kids, but Rafe tells her not to. Sweeney says that "the only thing that keeps [Sami] going is Johnny, Allie and Will, even though he hates her." Sweeney continues that Sami and Rafe "are just trying to find a way to stay together and rely on each other."

SOD concludes that Sami does get help, but from Nicole...

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Thanks, Ellie. How awful for Sami. I'd feel worse for her if she didn't keep getting herself into these situations, though.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aimees76
Member Avatar

Oh mother fucker. Hell no are they going to make WILL (!!!) take EJ's side!!!!!! Son of a bitch. I get Will being mad at Sami. I get him flipping out on her, but to take EJ's side????? Oh that really pisses me off.
I'm glad that Nicole will help Sami ... that earns her points ...

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Sounds pretty interesting, though Will taking EJ's side is one big giant WTF? for me. I guess Will and EJ's past tension really has been totally retconned away.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Sorry, no FUCKIN way would Will be an EJ DImera cheerleader! Where's Lucas in all this? Wouldnt he be pissed that his son would be visiting casa DiMera to see Johnny? I thought EJ's "evil?" Sami thinks so!
Thanks for posting!
Liz

Aliaron
Member Avatar

This makes no sense, being that not to long ago everyone suspected Will had shot EJ.

Now he's saying EJ is a better parent than Sami. Really? How much more can we whitwash EJ's history?

I bet Lucas will be no where in this. Or they'll also use him to take EJ's side.

These writers are rediculous.
Edited by Aliaron, Jun 17 2009, 11:06 AM.

mbdimera
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting the summary Ellie. :)

Will taking EJ's side is funny on a couple of different levels. :P

I love Sami, and I'd like to feel for her, but I'm having a hard time. She wanted to push EJ to hate her as much as she apparently hates herself. How did she expect him to react? How would she have reacted if EJ and Nicole tried to pull the same adoption scam she and Rafe did (the baby switch notwithstanding)?

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Can I add a WTF about Will asking EJ to visit Johnny at the Dimera mansion? Next he'll be asking to move in. Cause everyone knows he only left town because his mom lies alot. Right? Right?

This storyline goes from rediculous to 'just put the freaking pen down please!"

Nicole Walker

More Bullshit. I swear to god Ejami is absolutely the worse written story ever on this show. There is no way Will would support EJ after what that man did to his mom and dad. I am so sick of these writers glossing over things like we are so dumb that we can't see how stupid it really is. I'm sorry but Will was there thru all the drama with EJ/Sami/Lucas there is no way that boy would side with EJ. So excuse me while I laugh at the ridiculousness of this story. EJ is not a role model himself at one point he threatened Will's life to convince Sami to marry him and i'm sure Will knows all the horrible things EJ did to his family so stop with the bullshit. I hate stuff like that. They need to quit doing that and that's what they've been doing for awhile in this story basically trying to ignore what's been written previously. That just gets on my nerves.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jun 17 2009, 11:14 AM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Uh...okay. Definitely didn't see the bit with Will coming. I'm sure that is just icing on the cake for EJ in the moment...but he seriously had to be thinking WTF??? just like the rest of us are. :lol:

I feel for Sami. I feel for EJ. But I feel especially for Johnny in this sad situation. :shame:

Mason
Member Avatar

This is a prime example of why I can no longer stand the character of Sami Brady. She's a total hypocrite who has no problem dishing it out, but can't take it out, and she acts all deer-in-the-headlights and indignant when doing something stupid comes back to bite her in the ass.

aimees76
Member Avatar

Nicole Dimera
Jun 17 2009, 11:10 AM
More Bullshit. I swear to god Ejami is absolutely the worse written story ever on this show. There is no way Will would support EJ after what that man did to his mom and dad. I am so sick of these writers glossing over things like we are so dumb that we can't see how stupid it really is. I'm sorry but Will was there thru all the drama with EJ/Sami/Lucas there is no way that boy would side with EJ. So excuse me while I laugh at the ridiculousness of this story. EJ is not a role model himself at one point he threatened Will's life to convince Sami to marry him and i'm sure Will knows all the horrible things EJ did to his family so stop with the bullshit. I hate stuff like that. They need to quit doing that and that's what they've been doing for awhile in this story basically trying to ignore what's been written previously. That just gets on my nerves.
Exactly!! Uhhh... I am still fuming. This kind of bullshit drives me freaking insane. :soapbox:

Ponz
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jun 17 2009, 10:50 AM
Ali Sweeney explains that Will tells Sami that she's a "terrible parent" and that he understands why EJ is doing this.

Fuck off Tomlin you utter fucking hack.

ETA: Thanks, Ellie. :P
Edited by Ponz, Jun 17 2009, 11:27 AM.

Tara

I think they're going for us against the world kind of thing with Safe.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I'm not as upset about the Will/EJ thing because I don't see it as him taking EJ's side. First off, he says that Sami is a terrible parent and he can see why EJ would do this. That has nothing to do with him hating EJ or not. It's more about his anger for Sami and him feeling she is getting what she deserves for lying and scheming again, especially about this because it is believed EJ is really Grace's father and she just died before she told EJ. If you think about it, Will's been a victim of her lies before and seen others, including his father, be victims, so I think that in a way helps him relate to EJ, regardless of whatever happened in the past. I mean, Will may see this as similar to how his mother lied about his paternity for years only it's much worse with her waiting until after Grace died to tell EJ.

The blurb about asking EJ if he can visit Johnny is logical IMO. He knows EJ is going to get custody, knowing who EJ is, so he just wants to be sure he can actually see his brother. Again, that has nothing to do with EJ and Will's past issues.

Until Will moves in with EJ or starts hanging with him on a social level, I don't see a problem. Hell, I don't even see a problem if Will testifies on EJ's behalf at the custody heating because I know that is him just speaking out against Sami in anger. He feels she has to pay for yet another scheme. He is Sami's son, afterall, so it makes senses for him to react in this way.

Even if we take out everything I just explained, Will is also a teenager and teens are always going to react more strongly to anything their parents or family did then someone outside of that. Plus, they can also be a bit more understanding and much more able to shrug things off because hey are young and could care less about certain things. I don't think that is the case with Will and EJ but I do want to point out that would make sense too if he just let alot of his anger toward EJ go as time went on.

Alligato
Member Avatar

Where the fuck is Lucas? Shouldn't he be reminding Will of all that EJ has done to his mom and their family? They just mentioned Lucas shooting EJ a few weeks ago...so why did they decide to make him a hero all of a sudden?

I agree with the above. This is the most ridiculous rewriting that we have seen.
About a week ago, I was condemning EJ for all of this, but really, after seeing Sami's reveal, her little smug attitude and apparant disdain and hatred toward a man who she had no problem sleeping with even if out of jealousy...the woman was asking for this. What did she think EJ would do? She knew he'd be pissed, and this could be the result.
So not only is Sami a huge ass hypocrite, she is an idiot as well.

And I am surprised that she didn't fight harder about Johnny. What about going to her dad as a cop? Or finding Owen herself? That is stuff she would have done in the past.

At least Nicole gets some redemption in all of this...as if she even needs any.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 17 2009, 11:11 AM
This is a prime example of why I can no longer stand the character of Sami Brady. She's a total hypocrite who has no problem dishing it out, but can't take it out, and she acts all deer-in-the-headlights and indignant when doing something stupid comes back to bite her in the ass.
EXACTLY!

Every fuckin non-DiMera is cheering her on! Oh Sami, we TOTALLY understand why you should lie to your kid's father because he's a disgusting DiMera. It's really laughable if it didnt bug me.

Now tell me again why EJ was in custody for the kidnapping and Vic/Phil wasnt for Steffys? And Rafe, hmmm, didnt he FORGE documents pertaining to Grace? HMMMM.....but that's all OK because said crimes were perpetrated by Bradys or FOB (friends of Bradys) against "evil" DiMeras??!!

This is why the e-crappy non-couple pairing is the biggest pile of shit in DAYS history!
Liz

Nicole Walker

Yes now how funny is it that Will sides with EJ but Nicole who is Sami's worst enemy tries to help her. Now that is some messed up stuff but I love it cause it tells me that they are not making Nicole a complete villan and that she has some redeeming qualities.

Quote:

This is why the e-crappy non-couple pairing is the biggest pile of shit in DAYS history!

And that's the truth. Can't even make sense of this stupid crap.
Edited by Nicole Walker, Jun 17 2009, 11:42 AM.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

PhoenixRising05
Jun 17 2009, 11:31 AM
I'm not as upset about the Will/EJ thing because I don't see it as him taking EJ's side. First off, he says that Sami is a terrible parent and he can see why EJ would do this. That has nothing to do with him hating EJ or not. It's more about his anger for Sami and him feeling she is getting what she deserves for lying and scheming again, especially about this because it is believed EJ is really Grace's father and she just died before she told EJ. If you think about it, Will's been a victim of her lies before and seen others, including his father, be victims, so I think that in a way helps him relate to EJ, regardless of whatever happened in the past. I mean, Will may see this as similar to how his mother lied about his paternity for years only it's much worse with her waiting until after Grace died to tell EJ.

The blurb about asking EJ if he can visit Johnny is logical IMO. He knows EJ is going to get custody, knowing who EJ is, so he just wants to be sure he can actually see his brother. Again, that has nothing to do with EJ and Will's past issues.

Until Will moves in with EJ or starts hanging with him on a social level, I don't see a problem. Hell, I don't even see a problem if Will testifies on EJ's behalf at the custody heating because I know that is him just speaking out against Sami in anger. He feels she has to pay for yet another scheme. He is Sami's son, afterall, so it makes senses for him to react in this way.

Even if we take out everything I just explained, Will is also a teenager and teens are always going to react more strongly to anything their parents or family did then someone outside of that. Plus, they can also be a bit more understanding and much more able to shrug things off because hey are young and could care less about certain things. I don't think that is the case with Will and EJ but I do want to point out that would make sense too if he just let alot of his anger toward EJ go as time went on.
Not to sound rude, but that is simply complete and utter B.S.!!!

If I haven't watch the character of Will grow up or seen the mess that was DOOL of 2006, 2007... I would by your explanation.

But being that I know much of the history, I once again say, B.S!

Heck, the only one I like in the entire storyline is Nicole. I just wish she was doing the stuff she was doing for fun instead of desperations. But on DOOL, every woman is desperate for something.
Edited by Aliaron, Jun 17 2009, 11:44 AM.

peaches179

zzzzzz. Thanks! :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply