Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Sami loses Johnny; June 30th issue; Article Summary
Topic Started: Jun 17 2009, 10:50 AM (4,837 Views)
Nicole Walker

Aliaron you nailed it! I am so sick of it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Not only is EJ being "pimped," Sami gets her tiara at the funeral for being such a good Brady girl and keeping the "evil/disgusting" EJ away from Grace.

It's not a funeral...its a coronation!

BTW..Will thinks his mom made the right choice by keeping the secret from EJ and Nicole (he says it today.) What I dont get is why Will's all hating Nicole and barely says anything about EJ?
Liz

MrsDimera

Nicole is only helping Sami because she knows if the switch never happened, Sami's baby would be alive and Ejole would be the ones grieving over Mia's baby. Nicole already has one of Sami's kids, she doesn't want all of them.

As for Will...at first I was saying WTF. When they first brought him back on screen when Lucas was in the hospital, he still had beef with the whole EJ situation. But, with EJ suing for custody and Will knowing he'll probably get it, of course he's gonna blow sunshine up EJ's ass so he can still be close with his lil bro. After all he was babysitting with Mia a majority of the time. Plus he's still pissed at Sami for keeping this secret from him.

lysie
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Jun 18 2009, 08:47 AM
Why even try to find logic in this f**king show!!

This storyline is a big f-u to anyone whose watched this show for more than two years.

They have just wiped away EJ's history. They started with everyone, every two or three scenes, saying how great of a guy EJ was. Kayla: Yeah, he tortured Steve but he got us a great deal on his apartment.

Then they took the rape and made it some miscommunicated love scene. If only Sami had known to move her leg to left, she wouldn't have cried.

Then they made Lucas and EJ gripey but not really hate eachother. Yeah, I know you raped my wife, destroyed my family and tried to kill me, but let's split a sandwich.

Then they brought back Will and made him have no problem with EJ.

Now they have him actually choosing EJ over Sami? WTF?

We're supposed to say its because he's angry at his mom? I don't care if my mom lied six thousand times to me, I would never chose her rapist and the guy that destroyed my family over her?

It's not logical. Its implausible that Will would be this way.

All this is to make EJ look like a victim. But I'm sorry. I don't buy it. Didn't he just commit a crime that he escaped from>

When he goes into those rants about how Sami lied to him and played God with his and his child's life... he didn't feel that way when he was trying to murder people and doing what he can to produce a Dimera spawn.

This is just another storyline pimping EJ. I'm so tired of it.

I think I might love you.

six
Member Avatar

Have Sami and Stephanie even ever been in the same scene before this? It would've been nice if they'd crossed paths a bit, and Stephanie had been shown to have a relationship with Sami and Johnny. We're supposed to assume they care about each other, but they're not a part of each other's lives at all, so it's going to be hard to buy the guilt Stephanie should feel over this.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jun 18 2009, 11:48 AM
Have Sami and Stephanie even ever been in the same scene before this? It would've been nice if they'd crossed paths a bit, and Stephanie had been shown to have a relationship with Sami and Johnny. We're supposed to assume they care about each other, but they're not a part of each other's lives at all, so it's going to be hard to buy the guilt Stephanie should feel over this.
I don't know, but since they are related it's not that far fetched, IMO. I haven't seen my cousin in 15 years but I cared when I heard about her custody disputes with her kids.

six
Member Avatar

I'm not saying she shouldn't care, but since this is probably going to factor in her breaking off her engagement, I would've liked to see them having a strong enough bond for her to really be torn up over it all, beyond caring in the more abstract way about people they love, but don't know. If that makes any sense.
Edited by six, Jun 18 2009, 12:42 PM.

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

six
Jun 18 2009, 12:41 PM
I'm not saying she shouldn't care, but since this is probably going to factor in her breaking off her engagement, I would've liked to see them having a strong enough bond for her to really be torn up over it all, beyond caring in the more abstract way about people they love, but don't know. If that makes any sense.
I don't disagree with you, but I think Stephanie's motivation has a lot more to do with hating EJ than some family bond with Sami. He's the reason she got stuck in a morgue drawer for some indeterminate period by some creepy guy who had a scary crush on her and was trying to abduct her and who knows what all else. That to me is their bond: Sami and Stephanie both hate EJ. I know you're an EJami fan so you may (or may not) feel Sami's hatred of EJ is temporary or not really hate or whatever, but the fact remains that they're both furious with him and want revenge. If Stephanie can help out her family at the same time as she's getting revenge, great, not to mention which, even though her scenes bore me, I think she didn't want to lie to the cops in the first place.

six
Member Avatar

I didn't think about mutual loathing bringing Steph and Sami together (you're right about me being an ejami fan, but I support feelings during their upcoming custody issue). Missing out on a chance to send EJ to prison driving Stephanie's decision to leave Philip works better for me, than guilt over letting Sami down.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

So have any of y'all who spent the last few pages of this thread posting totally enraged about the writers for what they are doing to Will for the sake of EJ's alleged "pimping" actually bothered to read Prevuze today and want to maybe dial that back a bit?

Quote:

Will tells Mia EJ didn't know he was Grace's father. "Unbelievable," says Mia.

Will says he hates all of Sami's lies but kind of understands this one.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Yep...and from what I got from Prevuze it certainly sounds like the Bradys and FOBs are doling out a heaping pile of hate and condemnation on EJ.

I found it to be pretty classless. Sami and EJ - I get where they are coming from and I fully expect them to be hateful toward one another - but it would seem to me the Bradys and everyone else should be dialing back the DiMera skewering considering they are at the funeral of his daughter. Like him or not...it's just not the time or the place. :redface:

Nicole Walker

I am so glad that Will is acting the way I thought he should so maybe this crap about siding with EJ is an act. Who knows? Maybe Will could help Sami get JOhnny back.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 18 2009, 03:48 PM
So have any of y'all who spent the last few pages of this thread posting totally enraged about the writers for what they are doing to Will for the sake of EJ's alleged "pimping" actually bothered to read Prevuze today and want to maybe dial that back a bit?

Quote:

You know I read Prevuze and while I agree that will is another apologist of Sami's, it was speculation based on a spoiler and it was perfectly in the right to believe that Will would have sided with EJ.

I dont ask you to "dial it back" when you make speculations about Ej and his "supposed" love for Sami. I think we all can post without "dailing back" our opinions of spoilers.
Liz

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 18 2009, 04:02 PM
Yep...and from what I got from Prevuze it certainly sounds like the Bradys and FOBs are doling out a heaping pile of hate and condemnation on EJ.

I found it to be pretty classless. Sami and EJ - I get where they are coming from and I fully expect them to be hateful toward one another - but it would seem to me the Bradys and everyone else should be dialing back the DiMera skewering considering they are at the funeral of his daughter. Like him or not...it's just not the time or the place. :redface:
I agree!
I'm so sick of the Bradys and their self-righteousness. I can't even believe not ONE of them will tell EJ sorry for the LOSS of your daughter!
And Roman...throw away your fuckin badge because NONE of you use it correctly. You only use it when DiMeras or non-FOBs are breaking the law.
Liz

luvpumpkns
Member Avatar

i see both sides. i think it's problematic that will seems to have totally forgotten about what ej has done to his family, but on the other hand, i think it's unbelievable that everyone in town is siding with sami and making her out to be the victim without anyone ever once questioning the fact that she had to have sex with ej to concieve grace in the first place.

so the whole storyline is screwed up no matter how you look at it.

lysie
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jun 18 2009, 07:10 PM
SocRMum1
Jun 18 2009, 04:02 PM

I agree!
I'm so sick of the Bradys and their self-righteousness. I can't even believe not ONE of them will tell EJ sorry for the LOSS of your daughter!
And Roman...throw away your fuckin badge because NONE of you use it correctly. You only use it when DiMeras or non-FOBs are breaking the law.
Liz
They're probably all afraid he's going to hire someone to put them in a morgue drawer.

I wouldn't express my condolences to his perpetual scowl and constant whining either. I would agree if he just looked completely torn apart by this loss, but he doesn't. He looks pissed, full of his own awesomeness, and like he just can't believe that this underling would dare defy him.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Liz<3Days
Jun 18 2009, 07:06 PM
IMissAremid

Quote:

You know I read Prevuze and while I agree that will is another apologist of Sami's, it was speculation based on a spoiler and it was perfectly in the right to believe that Will would have sided with EJ.

I dont ask you to "dial it back" when you make speculations about Ej and his "supposed" love for Sami. I think we all can post without "dailing back" our opinions of spoilers.
Liz

Liz,

I simply asked an open question of anyone who thought the writers were contorting Will to pimp EJ if they still thought the show was doing so after reading the way things are described in Prevuze (as I think the Prevuze quotes put that idea to rest) and maybe wanted to rethink things or weren't so mad after all i.e. maybe dial that (that being the rage at the writers) back a bit.

Yeah, I asked this question in a perhaps bitchy and/or snarky sort of way, but that's hardly a new development with my posts and I think judging by the first couple of responses other people got what I'm saying.

If you took my post as some sort of specific attack or attempt to stifle you that is not how the post was intended. I have no desire to see yet another thread deteriorate into fanbase fighting shit, especially when my post was actually defending THE WRITERS from what I thought was unfair criticism of how they are writing the Will character and not even really having anything to do with EJ or EJami.

I am genuinely curious though if you and/or others still believe the show is still "pimping" EJ and/or EJami based on what goes down at this funeral.

Because that is not my impression AT ALL (which I will elaborate upon tomorrow in the weekly discussion thread after the Friday epi airs).

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

IMissAremid
Jun 18 2009, 09:30 PM
I simply asked an open question of anyone who thought the writers were contorting Will to pimp EJ if they still thought the show was doing so after reading the way things are described in Prevuze (as I think the Prevuze quotes put that idea to rest) and maybe wanted to rethink things or weren't so mad after all i.e. maybe dial that (that being the rage at the writers) back a bit.

Even taking into account the day ahead--and I too have seen the funeral scenes from tomorrow's show--we haven't yet seen the scenes that were previewed in this article. According to the summary:

Quote:

EJ wants custody of Johnny and serves Sami with custody papers at Grace's funeral. Will overhears and asks EJ if he can come visit Johnny. Ali Sweeney explains that Will tells Sami that she's a "terrible parent" and that he understands why EJ is doing this.

We haven't yet seen Will react to the service of the papers nor him calling Sami a terrible parent and "side" with EJ, which is how I would describe him saying he understands why EJ is doing this. Thus, while I agree that Will is critical of EJ in tomorrow's show, there seems to be a shift in his opinion or at least he does not appear to be acting consistently with his prior comment. Which heaven knows is no surprise with these writers, who can't remember what happens from one minute to the next. But, those who are complaining about Will's relationship with EJ being rewritten aren't necessarily wrong simply based on Will's comment from tomorrow's show.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jun 18 2009, 09:50 PM
IMissAremid

Even taking into account the day ahead--and I too have seen the funeral scenes from tomorrow's show--we haven't yet seen the scenes that were previewed in this article. According to the summary:

Quote:

EJ wants custody of Johnny and serves Sami with custody papers at Grace's funeral. Will overhears and asks EJ if he can come visit Johnny. Ali Sweeney explains that Will tells Sami that she's a "terrible parent" and that he understands why EJ is doing this.

We haven't yet seen Will react to the service of the papers nor him calling Sami a terrible parent and "side" with EJ, which is how I would describe him saying he understands why EJ is doing this. Thus, while I agree that Will is critical of EJ in tomorrow's show, there seems to be a shift in his opinion or at least he does not appear to be acting consistently with his prior comment. Which heaven knows is no surprise with these writers, who can't remember what happens from one minute to the next. But, those who are complaining about Will's relationship with EJ being rewritten aren't necessarily wrong simply based on Will's comment from tomorrow's show.
That is a good point. I guess we shall see for sure when we get that scene, probably in tomorrow's prevuze/Canada show.

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Liz<3Days
Jun 18 2009, 07:06 PM
IMissAremid

Quote:

Liz

Liz,

Yeah, I asked this question in a perhaps bitchy and/or snarky sort of way, but that's hardly a new development with my posts and I think judging by the first couple of responses other people got what I'm saying.

If you took my post as some sort of specific attack or attempt to stifle you that is not how the post was intended. I have no desire to see yet another thread deteriorate into fanbase fighting shit, especially when my post was actually defending THE WRITERS from what I thought was unfair criticism of how they are writing the Will character and not even really having anything to do with EJ or EJami.

I am genuinely curious though if you and/or others still believe the show is still "pimping" EJ and/or EJami based on what goes down at this funeral.

Because that is not my impression AT ALL (which I will elaborate upon tomorrow in the weekly discussion thread after the Friday epi airs).

Quote:

Yeah, I asked this question in a perhaps bitchy and/or snarky sort of way, but that's hardly a new development with my posts and I think judging by the first couple of responses other people got what I'm saying

Perhaps?

The way you expressed yourself in your message here, I wouldnt of thought of replying to your post. I dont know you, so I dont assume to read your intentions other then what you wrote and frankly, it didnt say "hey, I think if you read PREVUZE, the writers actually have Will defending Sami..." IMO, your post didnt come out that way.

I personally believe EJAMI is dead and was never a couple, but I also have been watching soaps for a LONG time! Any DAYS writer can retcon anything and POOF we have Sami denying/ignoring she said EJ's evil and would keep Grace from him again....just like EJ's insta-forgiveness of the rape by Sami.

As for EJ's current situation. Sure I see some "pimping." He's cast as the "evil guy who has a heart." So we can sympathize...but not too much because he's "evil," so that justifies Sami doing what she did to EJ. Do I think he's getting the short end of the stick? SURE, but everyone whose in Sami's SL always do. Ultimately, everyone smells like shit and Sami smells like a rose.

As to the Will spoiler. I can't speak for anyone, but this is the ONE character whose hatred of EJ was known even to speculation that he actually shot him. So when I read that he's basically in EJ's side, then I'm going to get pissed and question it.
Liz

Edited by Liz<3Days, Jun 18 2009, 10:04 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply