Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:Lucas Gets Caught in Kate's Poisonous Plan
Topic Started: Jun 17 2009, 07:34 PM (2,433 Views)
Mason
Member Avatar

px780
Jun 17 2009, 09:52 PM
Her full fury should probably be directed towards whoever put a hit out on her son...right?
I think it would be awesome seeing Kate taking on Stefano and E.J. But instead...we get this.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alligato
Member Avatar

Man, this is really bad. I am trying to look on the bright side, but there isn't one.
I can't believe they have Kate doing this shit. Killing a woman who cheated on her son BEFORE they were married? And as someone pointed out in another thread, wouldn't Lucas be devestated, heartbroken and maybe turn to the bottle when he finds his wife dead? and poisoned?

This is one weird ass story. I'll pass.

Keith
Member Avatar

Lame.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

aimees76
Jun 17 2009, 07:45 PM
OMG, even LK can't make this story sound good.
Exactly! I mean...for God's sake...what can she possibly say to make this seem any less ridiculous? Kate's had some goofy storylines in the past - but usually they give her a worthy adversary to play with. Chloe is so :sleep: that it seems a bit like shooting fish in a barrel - and it takes all the damned fun out of it. :hmmph:

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

Mason
Jun 17 2009, 09:29 PM
lily20
Jun 17 2009, 09:25 PM
I'm not surprised that kate is trying to kill Chloe at all.
This is her MO. She's a crazy psycho bitch and always will be.
I couldn't disagree more. That's not who Kate is, at all. If she were being written properly, Kate would find another way to get revenge on Chloe and Daniel. Perhaps by humiliating them by exposing their affair live on Chloe's TV show, or something. She wouldn't just jump to murder over something like this. That's ridiculous.
:lol:

Mason, I can't tell, but are you aware you pretty much described EXACTLY what Kate did two years ago when she tried to set up Sami with some fake TV show to try and show she wasn't really a hero for saving Lucas and when she suspected Sami of cheating on Lucas with her own ex-lover EJ?

When you put it that way... in what universe does it make sense for Kate to come down harder on Chloe than Sami in pretty much the same situation, especially when you throw in the twist that Chloe and Daniel are both responsible for recently saving her life?

Mason
Member Avatar

IMissAremid
Jun 17 2009, 10:46 PM
Mason
Jun 17 2009, 09:29 PM
lily20
Jun 17 2009, 09:25 PM
I'm not surprised that kate is trying to kill Chloe at all.
This is her MO. She's a crazy psycho bitch and always will be.
I couldn't disagree more. That's not who Kate is, at all. If she were being written properly, Kate would find another way to get revenge on Chloe and Daniel. Perhaps by humiliating them by exposing their affair live on Chloe's TV show, or something. She wouldn't just jump to murder over something like this. That's ridiculous.
:lol:

Mason, I can't tell, but are you aware you pretty much described EXACTLY what Kate did two years ago when she tried to set up Sami with some fake TV show to try and show she wasn't really a hero for saving Lucas and when she suspected Sami of cheating on Lucas with her own ex-lover EJ?

When you put it that way... in what universe does it make sense for Kate to come down harder on Chloe than Sami in pretty much the same situation, especially when you throw in the twist that Chloe and Daniel are both responsible for recently saving her life?

LoL, I didn't even think about that, but that just further goes to what I was saying.

And, since the start of this, I've been saying all along that one of the reasons I find this whole murder Chloe plot of Kate's so asinine is that she never tried to kill Sami while she was married to Lucas, and Kate hated Sami exponentially more than she could ever hate Chloe.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Sounds good. Glad this is finally moving as it does need to reach it's end.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Mason
Jun 17 2009, 07:43 PM
Ellie
Jun 17 2009, 07:41 PM
I'm not watching so can anyone help me on this - have they addressed the issue of the fact that Kate is trying to poison the young woman who recently saved her life??
Yes, but Kate's whole attitude is basically that her debt to Chloe was paid once Chloe started whoring around with Daniel behind Lucas's back.
Kate has no right to feel betrayed by CHloe.Shes a f-ing hypocrite for sleeping with her granddaughter's boyfriends.Talk about whoring around :laugh:

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

While I don't like this storyline, and think that Kate is going too far by trying to kill Chloe and frame Daniel, I think part of her motivation is that before she found out about the affair, she had really liked Chloe, and felt grateful that Chloe had risked her health to save Kate's life. Kate has never liked or approved of any of Lucas' other love interests, and the one time she takes someone into her heart and confidence, and feels grateful to her, she finds out she was wrong, and therefore feels a deeper sense of betrayel. Kate doen't like to feel the fool, and in her mind, Chloe made a fool of her.

MichaelGL
Member Avatar
Sexy Jew

I knew they would be heading in this direction as soon as LK took out the old bottle of poison prop. I swear that same bottle of "poison" everytime on DAYS.

LorrieOw
Member Avatar

At least the story would be interesting if Lucas actually ate the poison and died, and she framed Chloe and Daniel.

pspcindy
Member Avatar

These writers have no subtly at all. They strictly deal in black and white characters which make them so unreal and unrootable. What makes for a good soap is to show that eveyone, even basically good people or shady people have good and bad in them. With no gradations the characters just come off as cartoonish.

This could have been an interesting story with unexpected results but this sounds just more of the same blind hatred hash it has been for months. Yes Kate should be conflicted about Chloe and Daniel having saved her life but oh that was yesterday.

And I can see at the end of it all the two cheaters will be elevated to sainthood! Oh the tortures of unrequited adulterous sex.

thanks Angie.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Kate shouldn't even be in this storyline. She should have been in Phillip's. It should be Lucas making Daniel and Chloe's life hell.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

KATE GET A LIFE! One would think she would be more upset with EJ and Stefano seeing as they tried to off her other child,I mean in my opinion that is way worse than anything Chloe and Daniel did,she wants to kill Chloe when all she did was cheat,but someones tries to murder her other child and she does nothing,Kate needs to get her priorities straight,guess we know who her fave child is,LUCAS.

mypassionispassions
Member Avatar

Angie79
Jun 17 2009, 07:34 PM
Kate's plan for revenge against Daniel and Chloe hits a snag this week, when Lucas almost eats the poisoned food that Kate prepares.

"For Kate, Chloe and Daniel are a problem that needs to be solved, and she's intent on doing that," says Lauren Koslow. Lucas almost eating the deadly treat is a momentary clog in the works, but Kate's looking at the bigger Picture."

Things get under way when Kate arranges for Daniel to the the first guest on Chloe's Hearth & and Home show. Chloe is uncomfortable - not that Kate's reveling in that.

"The words 'happy' and 'enjoyment' are not a part of Kate's vocabulary," says LK. "This is a mission that needs to be accomplished."

Kate poisons the food on the set. Chloe tries to take a taste, but ends up spilling it all over herself and Daniel. Kate freaks, but quickly recovers and poisons some more treats. "Kate's really working on her instincts; there is no second thoughts," says Koslow.

Kate's plan goes awry when Lucas approaches the poisoned food. It looks like Lucas is about to take a taste. "Of course, Kate doesn't want to hurt her son,"insists LK. So, Kate lashes out at Lucas and tells him to drop the poisonous food immediately. She then bans anyone from touching any sort of prop, so she can regain control over everything.

She then wraps production for the day, but fully expects to carry out her plans for Daniel and Chloe the next day. "Since Lucas did not eat the treat, no harm, no faul, "shrugs LK. "Kate's eyes are on the prize. She will not be deterred."

Later, Kate meets with Daniel and baits him into conversation. After he leaves, viewers will see that Kate has taped the conversation. She tinkers with the recorded chat to make it sound as if Daniel is saying something that he did not say.

"Kate's so intent on fixing things that details don't bother her. Kate is working on a clever little deception that will reward Daniel for his deceit,"promises Koslow.
For the life of me I do not get Kate's need for revenge on Daniel and Chole; they have done nothing to her personally. Kate needs to really get a life, and a man!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Maybe Daniel's magic cure + Chloe's role in it transformed Kate into a dumbass. Magic!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply