Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOW:A Closer Look:Rafe; interview summary
Topic Started: Jun 17 2009, 07:55 PM (1,322 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Rafe starts sensing that something's amiss when Nicole and her connection to Mia this week. Galen Gering explains.

SOW: What sets Rafe off?
GG: It started at the hospital, when Nicole found out Grace was sick. She was always there and really upset.

SOW:Then Rafe Meets Nicole at Grace's grave. That's odd, too.
GG: Yeah. Rafe finds her grieving for Grace. He hears her say something interesting. "I would do anything I could to bring you back." Rafe confronts Nicole and asks why Grace meant so much to her. He says to her that Grace wasn't her daughter or related to her at all.

SOW: Does Nicole seem uptight?
GG:Of course and that raises a little bit of suspicion to Rafe.

SOW: Later, Rafe comes across Mia with Brady, right?
GG:Rafe seems them together and asks how they know each other. Mia says that they met at an addicts' meeting. Rafe asks her questions about the meetings, but Mia says she's not comfortable talking about it and freaks out a little. Rafe finally asks her "What are you guys trying to hide?"

SOW: Later, Rafe ends up heading to the DiMera mansion to talk to Nicole?
GG:Rafe wants to tell Nicole he's sorry for being suspicious about her mourning Grace. He realizes that she legitimately feels badly for Sami and he wonders if she can help with the custody case with Johnny. Nicole says that she can't, EJ has made up his mind. But, Rafe asks her to think about it.

SOW: Eventually, Rafe ends up asking about Mia.
GG: Rafe tells Nicole he ran into someone she knows. He knows that Mia was in rehab and at the teen center where Nicole supposedly volunteered. Rafe says he's not sure Mia is who she says she is. Nicole won't tell him anything about her and says it is none of Rafe's business.

SOW:Are Rafe's suspicions piqued even more?
GG:Yeah. He wants to get some answers, after everything that has happened. Maybe he'll feel better in the wake of losing Grace.

SOW:Do his FBI instincts hint something is just not right?
GG:That is part of it, but its also the way Nicole, Mia, and Brady are acting. He knows something weird is going on and he wants to find out what it is.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

His FBI instincts? He just seems kind of garden-variety nosy.

Thanks for posting, Angie!

lysie
Member Avatar

Paxton
Jun 17 2009, 08:01 PM

I agree! I mean, he's right, but he's asking them about their AA meetings and rehab. Of course they wouldn't want to give him details.

Livie

i do see rafe being the one who figures this all out..now question is what he does with info..my thought is he blackmails nicole into giving incriminating evidence on ej..

that cell phone just played to much into the story..stephanie being called on her own phone by ej's so called untraceable phone..rafe might get nicole to hand it over on the sly..i do not know if she knew ej actually phoned stephanie on it.

IMissAremid
Member Avatar
After all... tomorrow is another day!

This sounds like such a lame way to explain how this mystery is unraveled.

If they were going to put Rafe in everybody's business this way why didn't they just go ahead and add him to the Salem police force rather than give him that stupid construction job for a day?

eta:

Thinking about it a little more I think it's just after seeing GG play a character like Luis for a decade who was lucky if the writers gave him a second brain cell so he could rub the two of them together every once in a while to almost figure out what Beth or whoever was keeping from him I just CANNOT ACCEPT the idea that this Rafe guy is actually smarter and better at putting everything together than someone like EJ DiMera or Sami Brady who are usually WAYYYYYYYYYY smarter and shady enough themselves to have a healthy suspicion of others that allows them to catch on to things like this.

Then again, Ethan was also written dumb as dirt and I would have no problem believing that EM's Brady or even young Will would be the only one smart enough to figure this out. Hmmmm...
Edited by IMissAremid, Jun 17 2009, 08:37 PM.

samixxx
Member Avatar

Thanks for the article!

mirabella

Thanks for posting. I hope Rafe is the one to figure this all out. After all, he is Sami's hero. Hopefully, he will bring her baby home to her.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Glad this is progressing.

I'm glad it's Rafe beginning to figure this out as he was with the FBI and is heavily involved so it makes sense. Look forward to all this.

jane1978

IMissAremid
Jun 17 2009, 08:26 PM
This sounds like such a lame way to explain how this mystery is unraveled.

If they were going to put Rafe in everybody's business this way why didn't they just go ahead and add him to the Salem police force rather than give him that stupid construction job for a day?
Did any cop on DAYS ever solved anything? Rafe is new John, the tough guy outside the force who is always two steps ahead. Besides, there is no case. If Rafe was in the force he would have to work on real cases, not sniff around his girlfriendīs son girlfriend. I think it makes sense.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

i do think RAFE is working UNDERCOVER
for roman and bo no way he went from
FBI to carpenter
bo and roman being mad at him is part of this cover

JMO

Chelikins
Member Avatar

You know I just keep thinking if Marlena was here she would a) figure it out, b) smack Brady for doing this to his sister, and c) take care of Nicole.

I can't wait to find out how it ends. I mean Nicole just wants some happiness and I hope she finds it....but it isn't going to be happening with EJ. Not after this.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 17 2009, 08:02 PM
Paxton
Jun 17 2009, 08:01 PM

I agree! I mean, he's right, but he's asking them about their AA meetings and rehab. Of course they wouldn't want to give him details.
So true. What does he think that last A stands for?

If he can solve the mystery, more power to him, but I hope Brady takes Rafe to task for treating them like suspects because they both happen to know the same person.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply