Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Insider Blog: Father's Day with Galen Gering
Topic Started: Jun 17 2009, 09:03 PM (731 Views)
Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Father’s Day with Galen Gering
June 16, 05:28 PM

I recently had the pleasure of attending the "Days of our Lives" day at Dodger stadium, where Eric Marsolf sang the National Anthem flawlessly and Nadia Bjorlin sang "Gold Bless America" to perfection for the crowd. It was a great way to bond with the cast over Dodger Dogs, peanuts, and laughs.

Galen brought one of his sons, Dillon, as well. The father and son were adorable as they watched the game together. Galen would point out different players, and you could tell the game meant something special for Dillon. With that introduction, I hope you enjoy my Father’s Day interview with Galen, and enjoy the very dry sense of humor that can only make you love him even more. Not to mention, how adorable is the photo below of Galen, with Dillon and Jensen? You can just tell how much Galen enjoys fatherhood.

Posted Image

Any Father’s Day traditions that run in your house?
None as of yet, but that's a good idea. Maybe, when they're a little older, I can turn the tables and make them my slaves for the day.

What is the best fatherhood advice you have received, and who gave it to you?
Set them up for success, not failure. In other words, don't give your two year old a full glass of orange juice and expect him not to spill it. My wife, Jenna, told me that one. Also, I like to give them choices whenever I can. That's hers, as well.

How has being a father changed your perspective on life?
I've found that the clichés are true in that the love you have for your kids is like nothing else. Additionally, I don't think I do as many crazy things as I used to. It's cool for kids to have a father.

What traits do your sons get from you?
Hopefully, only the good ones; not exactly sure which ones those are...

Do your sons hang out with any of the other actors' children during your off time?
We try to limit their exposure to actors and their kids, as they are usually an arrogant bunch of pompous ninnies. No, but seriously, we don't see them often, 'cause we live on the rich side of town. Ha- I'm kidding.

Posted Image

http://blog.nbc.com/days_production/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Thanks for posting! Very cute interview. He seems to be just as much a doting hubby as he is a father...major bonus points on that! :thumbsup:

samixxx
Member Avatar

Oh my those pictures with Galen and his children are absolutely precious. This storyline had to be difficult. Thanks for the interview.
Edited by samixxx, Jun 17 2009, 11:07 PM.

mirabella

Thanks for posting. Galen has such a great dry sense of humor. Wonderful pictures of him with his two sons. All three are just adorable. He sure adores his wife, Jenna, and their children.

avelina
Member Avatar

Thanks for sharing. I like his sense of humor.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Love Galen! He has such a great personality and seems to love being a father.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply