Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Soaps.com talks with Casey Deidrick (Chad)
Topic Started: Jun 18 2009, 01:19 PM (1,186 Views)
Ellie

http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/news/4576/Soapscom_Exclusive_Interview_DOOLs_Casey_Deidrick

Today, Days of Our Lives fans will hear gossipy Kinsey (Shelby Young) mention the name "Chad" to Mia, (Taylor Spreitler) causing her to drop a mug. Those of you who have been following the story, will assume that Chad must be her ex-boyfriend and the one who fathered baby Grace. You'll have assumed correctly, but the twist is, the one person who probably should know about the pregnancy and about Grace - Chad - doesn't. Yet.

Casey Deidrick joined the cast of Days of Our Lives recently to provide more of a look into Mia's past. It's the start of summer, and summers in Salem are often dedicated to the youthful storylines involving teenagers. This is how fans got to know and love Belle and Shawn. Soaps.com is looking forward to a summer with the younger crowd in Salem and has been chatting up the actors in order to get fans prepared for what's to come! We got to know Casey a little this week and Chad and hope fans will enjoy what he has to say about his new part on the show.

Soaps.com: How did you find out about the audition? There were a few roles up at the time that you auditioned. Did you originally audition for Chad?

Casey Deidrick: I originally auditioned for the role of Tad, about a month and a half prior to hearing about my test audition for Chad Peterson. I went to producers for the role of Tad, it was one of my best callback auditions Iíve ever done, but I obviously wasn't right for the role. The casting director (Marnie), was amazing to work with, she definitely challenged me more than any casting director Iíve ever auditioned for. I guess I made a good impression on her because it wasn't long until I found out I was going straight to test for the role of Chad Peterson. I worked really hard on this character, and I dove into it many different ways and some things worked and some didn't, but there were certain characteristics of the character that stuck with me all the way up to the test. I signed a [really long] contract and found out almost 2 weeks later that I got the job.

Soaps.com: What can you tell us about your character?

CD: Chad Peterson has trouble written all over him, yet I believe he means well. There's a part of him that you hate, and love at the same time. He's a very confident, edgy, mysterious person. He's the type of person that can persuade you by his words. It's tough to break him, it seems like he's seen and been through a lot in the past...maybe a rough history with his parents, or abandonment issues. He will definitely bring out a side of Mia (Taylor Spreitler) that no one has ever seen before. The love triangle between Will/Mia/Chad is getting intense.

Soaps.com: Youíve been put into a group of great young actors/characters such as the ones youíve mentioned (Mark Hapka (Nathan Horton), Molly Burnett (Melanie Layton), and Taylor Spreitler (Mia)). Did you know any of them before you started this role? Since youíve met, have you hung out with any?

CD: I have the pleasure of working with Mark Hapka, Molly Burnett, Taylor Spreitler, and Dylan Patton. We all get along so well on set, it's chaos when we all get together, [laughs] yet we are all very focused individuals. I wouldn't want to spend my days on set with anyone else, we encourage each other and all get along so well. I actually knew Taylor Spreitler before my audition for Chad, she is actually a very good friend of mine, which is why Iím sure the chemistry came across on camera the way that it did. She is such an amazing actress and person. I feel so blessed to be able to work with her on a daily basis.

Soaps.com: Youíre in a metal band and have been for over 3 years. What can you tell fans about your band, such as what type of music you play, who is your inspiration, how did you get started, where do you jam and which venues do you play?

CD: I've been in metal bands all throughout high school back home in Colorado, and just recently I got into a new band called, A Dreadful Fall. I've been in this band for almost 7 months now. We just finished recording a 4 song e.p. The band is so stoked on the new music, and we're in the middle of writing more songs. Fans of Chad might see a similarity between my music and Chad. When preparing for the role, I sort of looked at Chad as a rock star because they have a different way of looking at things, different from anyone else. Which I think viewers will see in Chad as the story progresses. Anyways, back to the band, [laughs] we are a metalcore/hardcore band. We get a lot of our inspiration from bands we listen to, (August Burns Red-being my favorite band, All Shall Perish, Parkway Drive, Bring Me the Horizon) basically anything heavy with epic break downs; I'm all about the breakdowns. My life inspires the lyrics I write for the songs, things that have happened to me in the past, my childhood, past relationships, new relationships Iíve encountered living out here in Los Angeles, and basically writing about things that all kids my age are growing through right now. It's my attempt to reach out and help kids who are going through the same situations I've been through. We play all over the Los Angeles area, fans can reach us on MySpace.

Friday June 19 is Casey's debut in Salem. Congratulations goes out to Casey for snagging this role.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Paxton
Member Avatar
Dreaming of a Melanie-free Days

Ellie
Jun 18 2009, 01:19 PM

CD: Chad Peterson has trouble written all over him, yet I believe he means well. There's a part of him that you hate, and love at the same time. He's a very confident, edgy, mysterious person. He's the type of person that can persuade you by his words. It's tough to break him, it seems like he's seen and been through a lot in the past...maybe a rough history with his parents, or abandonment issues. He will definitely bring out a side of Mia (Taylor Spreitler) that no one has ever seen before. The love triangle between Will/Mia/Chad is getting intense.

Crikey, kid, slow down. I have a strong feeling none of that will actually come out in the writing. And I feel sure I will never at any point describe the Will/Mia/Chad triangle as "intense." But, bless his heart, he's enthusiastic.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!

Kenny
Member Avatar

Ellie

Getting intense? It hasn't even begun yet!

Meanwhile... YAWN!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm interested in the character of Chad. I hope Deidrick is a good actor.

I do like this group of young kids so far. The actors playing Will, Mia, Kinsey and Tad have been decent so far.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jun 18 2009, 01:59 PM.

lastDays
Member Avatar

Mybe its because I am over 40,but I could care less about this new onslaught of teen characters on the show

jane1978

Paxton
Jun 18 2009, 01:30 PM
Ellie

Crikey, kid, slow down. I have a strong feeling none of that will actually come out in the writing. And I feel sure I will never at any point describe the Will/Mia/Chad triangle as "intense." But, bless his heart, he's enthusiastic.

Thanks for posting, Ellie!
He is taping for a month now and we know Mia/Chad will kiss soon so who knows what happens next. This is the intriquing part because Mia cannot be the usual confused, uncertain, virginal teen heroine DAYS usually has, yet Taylor is only 15 so the show has to be very carefull here. This was huge trouble with Abby and Ashley Benson so I wonder how far they will go this time.

Anyway, good interview. It always amazes how amazingly well prepared and professional are all those young newbies. Marnie Saitta is doing great job.

Mason
Member Avatar

How sad is it that this latest teen scene actually has me yearning for the Saved by the Belle days?

Keith
Member Avatar

Anyone else have no idea who this Tad is he originally auditioned for?

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

^ Was Tad one of Will's friend from the baseball team?

As for Casey "intense" Diedrick....may he break up the "supercouple" Will and Mia?? (I love how these kids throw in these words like its going to happen and you MUST watch!!)

But I do agree with whomever said that TPTB should be careful w/Taylor. In today's scenes with Kinsey, she looked really young against the other actress. I hope she doesnt get over-shadowed by Chad or Kinsey.
Thanks for posting!
Liz

Edited by Liz<3Days, Jun 18 2009, 11:16 PM.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Ellie
http://www.soaps.com/daysofourlives/news/4576/Soapscom_Exclusive_Interview_DOOLs_Casey_Deidrick

Casey Deidrick joined the cast of Days of Our Lives recently to provide more of a look into Mia's past. It's the start of summer, and summers in Salem are often dedicated to the youthful storylines involving teenagers. This is how fans got to know and love Belle and Shawn.
I think the fact that Belle and Shawn were a part of two of the biggest families in town help fans warm up to their relations. Add on Phillip who is also apart of a major family in Salem and its past building up future.

Newbies... it will take much longer than a summer. Must we remember the summer before last.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Mason
Jun 18 2009, 02:43 PM
How sad is it that this latest teen scene actually has me yearning for the Saved by the Belle days?
No!

Maybe at first when Belle was gossipy and Phillip was a gambling addict. But when the rest of them came and then Chloe was born...ugh.

So wait- Mia hid a baby too? Ooh- Will's dating his mother. That's mildly interesting.

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

Keith
Jun 18 2009, 10:35 PM
Anyone else have no idea who this Tad is he originally auditioned for?
Tad is a friend of Will's and is dating Kinsey. We've only seen him like twice. Tad and Kinsey seem to be recurring.

I like this young cast too, outside of Kinsey. They all can act at least and Marnie Saitta is to thank for that. She's on a roll. I'm interested in seeing what Chad adds to the baby switch story and to the Will/Mia story.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply