Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John Callahan removed from credits this week
Topic Started: Jun 18 2009, 09:14 PM (1,974 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

John Callahan (Dr. Baker), who had disappeared for long stretches of time before, had always remained on contract with the show until this week. His name was absent from the credits for the first time since his debut in November. This leaves the current contract cast at 26.

"Days of Our Lives" Current Contract Cast List

Frances Reid - Alice Horton
Suzanne Rogers - Maggie Horton
Peggy McCay - Caroline Brady
James Reynolds - Abe Carver
Alison Sweeney - Sami Brady
Kristian Alfonso - Hope Williams Brady
Peter Reckell - Bo Brady
Lauren Koslow - Kate Roberts
Josh Taylor - Roman Brady
Bryan Dattilo - Lucas Horton
James Scott - E.J. DiMera
Jay Johnson - Philip Kiriakis
Shelley Hennig - Stephanie Johnson
Renee Jones - Lexie Carver
Nadia Bjorlin - Chloe Lane Horton
Shawn Christian - Dr. Daniel Jonas
Arianne Zucker - Nicole Walker DiMera
Molly Burnett - Melanie Layton
Joseph Mascolo - Stefano DiMera
Galen Gering - Rafe Hernandez
Eric Martsolf - Brady Black
Dylan Michael Patton - Will Horton
Taylor Spreitler - Mia
Felisha Terrell - Arianna Hernandez
Mark Hapka - Nathan Horton
Casey Jon Deidrick - Chad Peterson

http://www.jason47.com
Edited by Jason47, Jun 18 2009, 09:16 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lastDays
Member Avatar

Didn't see any long term future for doc Baker.he seemed to only fit in as a story character.Now that the baby lie stuff is coming to a head,other players are taking over doc Baker's part

Liz<3Days
Member Avatar

Pleas say it ain't so??? I love JC!!! He made that role! It could have been some throwaway character, but he gave doc Baker life! I hope he comes back!
Liz

Mason

Good riddance, if he really is gone.

rars

lastDays
Jun 18 2009, 09:17 PM
Didn't see any long term future for doc Baker.he seemed to only fit in as a story character.Now that the baby lie stuff is coming to a head,other players are taking over doc Baker's part
I disagree, he is a pivotal part of the baby switch, and i foresee it drawn out longer because of Dr. Baker's departure. Dr. Baker might only be central to this storyline, but he was important.

Keith
Member Avatar

Damn, I wanted some JC/JM scenes :P

PhoenixRising05
Member Avatar
GET EM STEPH!!

I don't think he's gone for good. My feeling is that they know they won't be using him for awhile so they cut his contract loose (it was one year anyway). I suspect we will see him return briefly later this year for the climax to the baby switch. I wish he would stay around, even on recurring. I like JC and LOVE Dr. Baker. He's great with AZ and they really have had some great one liners and scenes. I guess with the returns it makes it hard to keep someone like Baker around but I wish they would.

Keith
Member Avatar

I doubt he'll be back. To me, it seems they've placed Stefano into Baker's place without informing the viewers how Stefano learned what he learned or when. I could be wrong, but as much as I've enjoyed the show, the writing isn't afraid to jump lazily in a SL. While I hope he does come back to fulfill his part in the baby switch storyline, I fear that just won't happen.

aimees76
Member Avatar

I really enjoyed Dr. Baker, and JC and AZ's chemistry was fantastic, but the only thing left for him to do was to expose Nicole, so I am not surprised that he is gone. Maybe he will pop back up for one or two episodes to make the reveal, or maybe not.

LiZa
Member Avatar

He is coming back thou, One of my friends just saw today a preview that had Dr. Baker in it saying Dr. Baker returns to Salem.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

^ Yes, I saw it, too.

The latest issue of SOD states in their "Things We Know But Probably Shouldn't Tell You" column that Dr Baker will be back soon.

evilD
Member Avatar

In that case, those wondering why Wes Ramsey had already left when he just started to appear on the show could probably make their own conclusions about a possible Owen return in the upcoming months...

charliexvx
Member Avatar

i think dr baker will be back for the truth coming out scenes. after all IF rafe figures it out, and he very well could, he is former fbi, hed have to hunt down dr baker, since nicole cold not have pulled this off completely alone. i think he will track dr baker down and bring him abck to salem, and i hope he tells sami before nicole discovers he knows because i really want the truth to come out on this so bad

natnoe68
Member Avatar

evilD
Jun 19 2009, 10:06 PM
In that case, those wondering why Wes Ramsey had already left when he just started to appear on the show could probably make their own conclusions about a possible Owen return in the upcoming months...
He scares me the creep factor is too high to not bring back :ermmmm:

lexxus90

Liz<3Days
Jun 18 2009, 09:18 PM
Pleas say it ain't so??? I love JC!!! He made that role! It could have been some throwaway character, but he gave doc Baker life! I hope he comes back!
Liz
I agree...I liked DR. Baker.

Keith
Member Avatar

Happy if Baker's coming back. I'd rather they play every possible beat in the story and Dr. Baker and his clinic is rather pivatol.

ytumbler8
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jun 19 2009, 06:58 PM
^ Yes, I saw it, too.

The latest issue of SOD states in their "Things We Know But Probably Shouldn't Tell You" column that Dr Baker will be back soon.
yea i read that too. i wonder why though?

jcar03
Member Avatar

I kinda thought his contract was probably only six months, we will probably see him pop up again when the baby switch blows up.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I hope he's gone for good.

John Callahan used to be such an attractive DILF, but now he looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy with a few too many nips/tucks and bad hair.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Kenny
Jun 21 2009, 07:35 PM
I hope he's gone for good.

John Callahan used to be such an attractive DILF, but now he looks like the Pillsbury Doughboy with a few too many nips/tucks and bad hair.
I agree that I was shocked when he first showed up on screen - I'd have never known it was the same guy.

BUT - I think he's been great as Dr. Baker. I really hope they bring him back, at the very least to be a key player in the reveal of the baby switch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply